Z~Countering rushes as Zerg

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zerg early game help

ok while im building my hatchs and workers and whatnot 10 zealots come at me now i can hold them off with lings but they destroy a few buildings so my question is how would i hold off say 5 coms?

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Well, here is what I do.

Get like 10 miners asap(and a overlord or 2). Build a spawning pool, while in the meantime,you build colonies. As soon as the pool is made, get your colonies to sunkens. 5-10 colonies will provide sufficient d for a small begging attack. But,wont stop a massed army. By the time they get a big enough army to kill you,you should have the units to fight back.

If its zvt, I wouldn't worry about it since rines have mediocre life/damage, if its zvz, I suggest sticking with colonies.

Gemini_Bloodian

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dunno, gemini, that's alot of sunkens.
zvp: about 4-5 should be enough if you early expanded and depending on his zeal count, I'll harass him with mutas or go lurks.
zvt: same as zvp
zvz: not many since I'm mutalinging quite a bit.

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
I dunno, gemini, that's alot of sunkens.
Well, 4 or 5 is all you should need. But I am able to pull of 10 or so, and I think better to have more than you need, than less.

Gemini_Bloodian

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Basicallu build mass hatcheries for production near your econmy then just build sunkens right before them, that way while the zealots can't pick where to attack the Zerglings or the sunkens....works every time if you distract with units ;).

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gemini_Bloodian
5-10 colonies will provide sufficient d for a small begging attack.
... I do it with one...

CerebralChain

Reaction score
If there's a ramp, get a hatch nearby, build about 3 sunkens there, and use your lings to block the ramp.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
How do you counter rushes?

Lately i've been hearing that Zerg just plain suck versing any rush. What do you do in early game when your opponent has gone random? But hypothetically, you know he is going to rush.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Quick sunkens with a team of Zerglings to micro. :)

Sakuhta

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't like to share it. :) But you get the colony while the pool is still going so you can get immediate sunken. More sunkens if you're teching.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play random but if i end up being zerg i normally scout really early.. at about 6 supply, the reason i scout so early is because if it ends up being ZvZ i want to get my gas up instead of expoing fast.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: How do you counter rushes?

Originally posted by Renzokuken
Lately i've been hearing that Zerg just plain suck versing any rush. What do you do in early game when your opponent has gone random? But hypothetically, you know he is going to rush.
I've been playing with Zergs for a while so I can get a Hydra den in 5 mins tops. Usually I build a Spawning Pool when I have my 7th drone. After that I build a Overlord and then build more Drones. Get a drone to build a Extractor and the others to build Creep Colonies. Make sure you guard your main base with everything you got! Make Zerglings so they can keep Zealots busy. If your facing a Terran rush or Zerg rush, Sunkens will deal with them quickly. Zealots are a problem though so you need a destraction.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Re: Re: How do you counter rushes?

Originally posted by Hydralisk591
I've been playing with Zergs for a while so I can get a Hydra den in 5 mins tops. Usually I build a Spawning Pool when I have my 7th drone. After that I build a Overlord and then build more Drones. Get a drone to build a Extractor and the others to build Creep Colonies. Make sure you guard your main base with everything you got! Make Zerglings so they can keep Zealots busy. If your facing a Terran rush or Zerg rush, Sunkens will deal with them quickly. Zealots are a problem though so you need a destraction.
5 mins tops? Money maps only. If not, I'd like to see the replay.