Z~1v7 C's, melee!!!

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1v7 C's, melee!!!

Sorry I don't have a rep, but next time I'll get one. I was playing in the killing fields with Zerg, and I usually start out by building a Spawning Pool and a Creep Colony. It was only 2 minutes and the game and I already had a Hydra Den with 2 Lurkers. I multi task, something you guys should try. I put my Lurkers around my mineral base. 4 minutes into the game, Zerlings attacked my base, but I already had 6 Hydras, so they were no match. Then came terran, but since I already have over 7 Sunkens over my base, I was safe and sound. They came attacking slowly, I was lucky they didn't attack at the same time. 7 minutes, I had 30 Hydras, 2 Spires, and 2 Queen Colonies. I made a Queen, and I was upgrading my Broodling ability. 13 minutes, and I had 8 Lurkers, with fully upgraded Lords. I built some more Hatcheries for faster production, but I needed to expand. So I sent a Drone, with a Lurker for protection, and, as I knew there would be, a comp beat me to the spot. They didn't have detectors, so it was easy to regain control. So I got some mineral pickers, and Vespene pickers. So 17 minutes, I had upgraded in my Evolution Chambers up to 2, and my Hive was coming up. So after 21 minutes, I had finished my base, with fully upgraded units, including Defilers and Ultras. I expanded 2 more tiems cause I wasn't satisfied with my minerals and Vespene. So after 30 minutes, I was ready to attack. I sent some Zerglings for a distraction. Then I sent my Hydras, which I had over 125 of 'em. The Hydras made quick work of the Terran Base I attacked. The Tanks that were Sieged made quick work of my Zerglings. I then made some Mutas and made them into Guardians and Devourers. This pretty much ended the whole game. Usually, Protoss comp kills my Guardians with Corsairs, but this time I made Devourers. I did the same strategy for every comp base. In total, this game took me 60 minutes. And reason I faced off against comp is cause I can't login to Battle.net...which really sucks...:shoot

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What map was that?

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
What map was that?

It was the Killing Fields, sorry I didn't make it clear :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
2 lurkers at 2 minutes? Isn't that, like, impossible?

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Not really, I had to work fast. And 2 minutes is an estimate, I'm not sure how logn it took me. But I know it was early in the game.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
But still, 2 minutes is god damn insane. Let alone taking time to build up the hydralisk cavern? Maybe you are off by a few minutes...

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
OR he started off with 40k minerals... (money map? Eh?)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hydralisk591
Not really, I had to work fast. And 2 minutes is an estimate, I'm not sure how logn it took me. But I know it was early in the game.
Build a couple of drones, then build a extractor, then build some more drones, then a spawning pool, then wait for 100 gas to evolve to lair. Then wait for 50 gas to build hatchery den, then wait for 200 gas to make the lurker upgrade, then wait for more 200 gas to make 2 lurkers. You just can not do that in two minutes, unless you are on a money map.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Probly 6 min or 5 min.

And 2 min is like impossible for me even in FAstest possible :(

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I might have been wrong on my times...I guess I keep thinking minutes take a long time so thats y. I tested it out and it took me actually 5 minutes. But I guess thats still pretty fast. And I got it on a money map so yeah. five minutes is all you need to get 2 lurkers. All my other times were correct...I think. I'll just make a replay of me in action against comps in single player without cheats to show you how I play...hope you like

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
No, all your other times(except late game) were off too because that threw off all your timing.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
For the build time for the buildings and the mining, no, it's not possible.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Lair upgrade + Lurker upgrade takes more than 2 minutes alone.. And you'd hafta get the money first.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
And you need the spawing pool which takes 60 seconds, the lair upgrade is 120 and the hydra den is 60 seconds. I am sorry sir.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Even if you had 10k minerals/gas on start, the pool taks 60sec, lair upgrade takes 120 secs, den takes another 60 secs (which can be done while the lair is upgrading) then the actual lurker upgrade is what..like a minute long?

The absolute fastest you'de be able to this is something like...4 minutes

DarkRider

Xbox Junkie
Reaction score
I think we've all determined that it took longer than 2 minutes people....