Youtube getting sued.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Considering all you have to do is email the support staff of youtube with links saying "I'm the owner of this original video and I want it taken down" with a little proof, and they'll remove it...

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
saw this coming, get all the videos while you can! there is a firefox video downloader somewhere on the site, let post really fast before i leave class...

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Old news. However, ever since Google took over YouTube, it is now much more rewarding to sue because Google can afford the payouts.*

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
lol nice ima go take videos and shit now, hope they take sound too ill have to try

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Well, this is why LittleKuriboh is being screwed over on Youtube.

I find it dumb copyright laws are going this far. But then again, there are people that give credit to the content they show, and yet they still evict them for it.

Hell, one of my friend makes Smallville music videos for a hobby. She does some really amazing ones. but now I fear her work will get ruined.

And the creators of Youtube should have thought about this before hand.

Me and Root were discussing this for sometime. Soon, youtube will be a crappy home video site mostly done by idiots who are showing thier half-ass work to idiots who have the attention span of doorknobs to think it is awesome and who can't make thigns funny. In other words, a YTMND with non-copyrighted material

At the rate this is going, thier slogan will soon become:

YouTube - Broadcast what we want you to

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Uhm...there's a difference between uploading your own original content (that doesn't necessarily have to be "crappy home videos") and uploading copyrighted material. Don't really understand how copyright laws are "going to far" by banning people from freely distributing copyrighted material, considering that's the main purpose of copyright laws in the first place.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
On the contrary, copyright exist precisely for the owners not to lose profit of their work.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The real problem is mostly parodies and mock scenes. They are considering parodies now a part of Copyrighted Material. Although its true, some poeple are actually still giving credit to who made the series or whatever.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
On the contrary, copyright exist precisely for the owners not to lose profit of their work.
CB says: The sole purpose of copyright laws is to prevent people from freely distributing copyrighted works.
Tronga says: The sole purpose of copyright laws is to prevent copyright holders from losing profit.

How is that contrary? If people are freely distributing copyrighted works, the copyright holders will lose profit. If you want to be technical, the purpose is to encourage artistic and scientific development, and the act of preventing free distribution of copyrighted materials is just a method for doing so.
The real problem is mostly parodies and mock scenes.
Where are you getting this information? First of all parodies DON'T violate copyrights. Second, the only example in the article is the guy sueing over his own personal video being upload to the site by someone else. That is a violation of copyright laws. And again, it would not be "going to far" to remove all of that content from youtube.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, Google probably has the money to spare if it actually happens. I don't think it will stop people from getting clips online though.

LS[ZeRG]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
google for sure has the money to spare, but im wondering if this will start alot of lawsuits against youtube. there is no way you can keep complet6e track of whats legal to have on there or not, there are so many videos it would be almost impossible to keep track.