Your thoughts on the world ending

t.A.T.u97

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
Ashigaru said:
Oh noes we just had a flood here its da end of da world.

So my town is flooded and I still think its stupid to think natural occurrences are signs of the end of the world.
When it says the waters of the Earth will over ride the land and earthquakes will happen back to back, get a clue, the time is comming. Rita, Katrina, and now Wilma, not to mention the big earthquake which killed 36,000 people (The size of my town), if it says this is going to happen in the Bible, I believe it and its happening right before our very eyes.

Jesus gave us clues to when this will happen, and its happening now, there is no need to question this. Its not about "A" flood, nor is it about "An" earthquake. Its about continuous Floods and Earthquakes back to back to back, killing thousands.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
t.A.T.u97 said:
When it says the waters of the Earth will over ride the land and earthquakes will happen back to back, get a clue, the time is comming. Rita, Katrina, and now Wilma, not to mention the big earthquake which killed 36,000 people (The size of my town), if it says this is going to happen in the Bible, I believe it and its happening right before our very eyes.

Jesus gave us clues to when this will happen, and its happening now, there is no need to question this. Its not about "A" flood, nor is it about "An" earthquake. Its about continuous Floods and Earthquakes back to back to back, killing thousands.
How many times do you think this ammount of hurricanes and earthquakes has happened before? It's not that uncommon. I'm sure that when there was no US nor any colony in the Americas, there already were countless hurricanes every year. It has only gotten worse because the US don't know what too much pollution is.

It has been a weird year for everyone. It may have to be with the location in the galaxy, or the aberration of Earth's axis. But, the apokalypse? I doubt it.

aang8405

Reaction score
wow

Omg. Bastardsword or whatever, pinned the question right down for me. I've ALWAYS wondered if there is a soul based on the whole idea of mental illness. I saw the movie 28 days later (yeah im aware it's only a film...anyway) and thought, geez the infected priest in that does, in fact, now have one hell of an ugly soul, based not on supernatural influences, but something biological. If his soul were to leave his body upon death, would he have still been mad as a hatter? Or simply snapped out of it and gone "wow, my brain sure went through one hell of a wild experience, Im glad that i, as a 'soul' have left it behind".

If that were the case animals may just be smart "souls" trapped in bodies with rather unintelligent brains. You take out a human being's frontal lobe from their brain and their soul vanishes completely (i think anyway...not much of a medical practitioner to be honest). Your 'soul' IMO is really just controlled by the brain.

Completely off topic, i hate people who hold the idea that animals have no souls or feelings. When a deer hunter gets impaled by a deer during their so-called "sport" i reckon suck s***t.

Nothin to do with the end of the world but...well, religious fanatics tend to contradict themselves a lot. I believe in jesus, and that he was a remarkable person, but i dont believe he was nearly as narrow-minded as half the christian converters i've had to listen to.

Cheers

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Angelicpower said:
Animals do not have souls in the same sense as we do..come on people...Yes He put animals here for us to enjoy, eat and for them to aid us such as donkey's and horse's. Of course we are not to mistreat them ~~

Leviticus 11
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
15 Every raven after his kind;
16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
24 And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even.
25 And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
26 The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.
27 And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.
28 And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.
29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.
31 These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even.
32 And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.
33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.
34 Of all meat which may be eaten, that on which such water cometh shall be unclean: and all drink that may be drunk in every such vessel shall be unclean.
35 And every thing whereupon any part of their carcase falleth shall be unclean; whether it be oven, or ranges for pots, they shall be broken down: for they are unclean, and shall be unclean unto you.
36 Nevertheless a fountain or pit, wherein there is plenty of water, shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcase shall be unclean.
37 And if any part of their carcase fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it shall be clean.
38 But if any water be put upon the seed, and any part of their carcase fall thereon, it shall be unclean unto you.
39 And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcase thereof shall be unclean until the even.
40 And he that eateth of the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
41 And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.
43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:
47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.
but uh..all about the book of Leviticus, after Jesus desended to the Earth, didn't he impose a New Covenant, so in turn all that stuff is now considered obsolete?

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
dArKmIsChIeF said:
but uh..all about the book of Leviticus, after Jesus desended to the Earth, didn't he impose a New Covenant, so in turn all that stuff is now considered obsolete?
He released us from the disciplinary respect of the Mosaic Law, however all of the morality from it remained. Though to put it simply, you are correct, the [disciplinary] law of not eating those animals no longer needs to be followed. I just wanted to point out that large portions of Mosaic Law are not obsolete.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
4.5 billion years. And only has half a billion years left. It will die before I do : (

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
t.A.T.u97 said:
I'm sure there have been many threads about this, but I'm special making this thread special kk thx. :p

Anyway, I did go to church on Sunday Morning and they spent 5 hours talking about how the Earth is going to end. I believe it of course and just was wondering your take on it. In the Bible, it says Jesus gives us signs to when the world is going to end:

Various Earthquakes in various locations

Tsunami's

Hurricanes

1 World Government (One currency, one system of Belief, etc)

Much Evil in Mankind

Man is Materialistic and all about himself

War and Terrorism

Starvation of Many People

Anti Christs

Anyway the reason I do believe it is because most of it is comming true. We all know about the War and Terrorism, Hurricanes and Tsunami's. Earthquakes today are so common that they are "back page" news. Unless an Earthquake kills thousands and thousands of people, it is not reconized. It can kill hundreds and still be unknown because they are so common.

As for the 1 world Government, it is in progress as we speak, people are planning to make 1 Currency, 1 System of Government, etc in these days.

The starvation in Africa we all know about and nearly 25,000 people die everyday due to starvation. The Bible isn't based on life only in America, its worldwide. So people may not be starving but the thousands here, but in other places around the world they are.

Its just so many signs that are happening in these days that Jesus himself said would indicate the world would end.
There are alot of good things also in the world.
For example the fact that you went to the Church, and I go to the Church and many people go to the Church and behave properly and have a respectfull life.

Also remember that good things and good people don't reach the news's surface, only the bad things that occur are presented.

In my opinon in this times that we are living is happening one of the best things in human history, the globalization.
The posibility for the people to talk over the borders of the countries, to work over the borders, even on this forum we are all from very different countries.
When the people of this planet will be able to fully work together in all that need to be done, and they will have a relationship, than of course that stuff like world hunger will not exist anymore and we will be able to focuss on other things.

please help me :(

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
here are some signs given by a prophet from the middle ages.
The Last Day will not be established until... time will pass quickly.259
the Last Hour will not be established …till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings.258
Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time.260
The Last Hour will not come unless there is much bloodshed.227
The day of Judgment will not come until people openly deny God.229
Great cities will be ruined, and it will be as if they had not existed the day before.230
Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor.231
People will indulge in homosexuality and lesbianism.232
There will be prevalence of open illegal intercourse.233
The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until murders will increase.234
Before he comes, a comet spreading light will come from the East.242

The birth of that star will follow the eclipse of the Sun and Moon.243

A tailed star will be born from the East and spread its light. Its daily direction will be from East to West.244
The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until ... earthquakes will be very frequent.255
There are two great events before the day of Judgment ... and then years of earthquakes.256
The Hour will not be established …till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings.258
The Last hour will not come before time contracts, a year being like a month, a month like a week, a week like a day, a day like an hour, and an hour like the kindling of a fire.261
There will be no Judgment ... until a person's own voice speaks to him.263

Did Jesus give such signs? I would like to know if the prophet had studied bible.

t.A.T.u97

Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
Before he comes, a comet spreading light will come from the East.242

The birth of that star will follow the eclipse of the Sun and Moon.243
If I was a non believer and I saw this in the news, I would drop everything and sprint to that church, the time is limited.