Your thoughts on the world ending

L

Laharl

"I got raped, thanks god for doing me this wonderful service" [/sarcasm]

I don't follow, Tipsy. I'm trying to, but I can't.

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
femininestrength.spaces.live.com
VBadGirl said:
I would have hoped you realize I'm not talking ONLY about domestic animals but wild ones also.
You don't seem to realise that animals do not have souls as we do..we kill animals all the time to eat..cows, fish, lobster, shrimp, chicken and plenty more!

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Since no one else has brought it up, I figured I would explain some of the reasoning I have behind why I do no believe AIDS is from God. This is specifically for you angelic.

I propose to you this parable:

“Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. "But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away. "But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. "The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' "And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?' "But he said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"â€
(Matthew 13:24-30)

And the explanation Jesus gives to his disciples a few lines later:

“Then He left the crowds and went into the house And His disciples came to Him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field." And He said, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. "So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.â€â€
(Matthew 13:36-40)

The New Testament is much different from the Old Testament. The ways of the Old Testament went away when the old laws were fulfilled. Jesus himself gave a parable saying that the people who do not follow the immutable Law of God will not be ‘weeded’ out. It is made clear that it is not until the final judgment that the people shall be “gathered up and burned with fire.â€

Anywho, that’s that.

Edit: This isn't the quote I wanted to post, but I couldn't remember where the story I wanted to post was specifically. This is the closest thing to it that I remembered the location of.

Harunobu said:
A man kill another hes evil, god kills millions it was punishment. Seems pretty ****ed up to me.
Well considering we ever rightfully own another man because we created them, I fail to see how these two go together. And if you say if we make a clone do we have the right to own it, the answer will be the same, we did not create what the clone was made out of (just incase someone were to respond to this with that question).

AvalonX said:
To the people quoting the bible and all that, "religion without science is blind"(-einstein); i think a fair statement.
I’m not sure if you left out the first part of the quote purposely or not, but in its’ entirety it goes:
“Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blindâ€

And I happen to agree with that statement in both the portion you gave and the statement in its’ entirety.

BFH said:
"I got raped, thanks god for doing me this wonderful service" [/sarcasm]

I don't follow, Tipsy. I'm trying to, but I can't.
I was pointing out that some suffering by itself is not necessarily bad, I was by no means saying that all suffering isn’t bad, or even most suffering, is not bad.

I’m pretty sure that is what you were referring to, but if you are talking about the free will thing, it goes back to:

“This is something he gave us, and he is not going to interfere with it. If someone chooses to rape an innocent girl through incest, stab a nun, or so forth, that person exercised his or her free will. And God, for the lack of a btter wording, keeps his promises.â€

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
angelic,saying something like,"animals do not have souls,they are here for food etc" is really stupid... doesin't it say in the bible that every living creature is created equal,and is viewed the same in gods eyes?

ShadowSpectrum

Member!
Reaction score
Angelicpower said:
You don't seem to realise that animals do not have souls as we do..we kill animals all the time to eat..cows, fish, lobster, shrimp, chicken and plenty more!
If I'm not mistaken, your religion says all creatures are equals. Why wouldn't animals have souls? I'm not against eating animals, but if you were to say humans had souls, why wouldn't animals? And the fact that we kill them all the time to eat doesn't mean they would be soulless. Say I killed a person and ate them. Would they be soulless?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
Name a few what, exactly?
then why do people get punished for doing what they want

that part...

anyways

jim morrison said:
angelic,saying something like,"animals do not have souls,they are here for food etc" is really stupid... doesin't it say in the bible that every living creature is created equal,and is viewed the same in gods eyes?
it also says humans were specifically created in gods image as well.

im sure all animals were created equal and viewed the same under gods eyes IN the garden of eden. since then, god cast just about everything out of the garden of eden.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Angelicpower said:
WOW.. OMG you are disturbing.. :////. not just that you pride yourself to believe in god and follow the bible but you also quote endless passages from it.. and yet.. you don't know that indeed as others said.. all creatures are equal in god's eyes. and do you think just coz you are human you are above any of those animals?

Pride, cruelty, disrespect for other creatures.. nice pack of sins you got there.

I don't believe in god and i sin a lot less than you are XD!

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
femininestrength.spaces.live.com
Animals do not have souls in the same sense as we do..come on people...Yes He put animals here for us to enjoy, eat and for them to aid us such as donkey's and horse's. Of course we are not to mistreat them ~~

Leviticus 11
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
15 Every raven after his kind;
16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
24 And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even.
25 And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
26 The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.
27 And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.
28 And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.
29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.
31 These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even.
32 And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.
33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.
34 Of all meat which may be eaten, that on which such water cometh shall be unclean: and all drink that may be drunk in every such vessel shall be unclean.
35 And every thing whereupon any part of their carcase falleth shall be unclean; whether it be oven, or ranges for pots, they shall be broken down: for they are unclean, and shall be unclean unto you.
36 Nevertheless a fountain or pit, wherein there is plenty of water, shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcase shall be unclean.
37 And if any part of their carcase fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it shall be clean.
38 But if any water be put upon the seed, and any part of their carcase fall thereon, it shall be unclean unto you.
39 And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcase thereof shall be unclean until the even.
40 And he that eateth of the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
41 And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.
43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:
47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
what you actually mean is high conscious status.. but as it was proven at primates even they do have same degree of conscious. if they watch themselves in a mirror they will tell u that the one looking back its them. acknowledging yourself is part of consciousness and ability of thinking.

perhaps primates have the intelligence of a 3 yrd old kid.. but they are able to talk back (sign language), express their emotions, have feelings etc.

EVEN plants have feelings and are able to express themselves. Haven't you ever noticed how an unwanted flower will die while one cared for and loved lives and prospers?

as i said.. your ignorance is disturbing.. and when u will realize that NO animal and NO plant is bellow humans you will find the true path to wisdom. So far u are crawling in darkness.

*shrugs*

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
VBadGirl said:
and when u will realize that NO animal and NO plant is bellow humans you will find the true path to wisdom.
Well, except for the food chain, that is. :)

And I seriously hope you are joking about plants having feelings.. ? No need to go overboard to prove a point.

I've said this a hundred times: Do not argue with a Christian over specific points of teachings in the Bible. They will win. Even if with a simple cop-out of "God says so," they will win. It's pointless, so save your breath. There are other ways to go about.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Angelicpower said:
Animals do not have souls in the same sense as we do..come on people...Yes He put animals here for us to enjoy, eat and for them to aid us such as donkey's and horse's. Of course we are not to mistreat them ~~

Leviticus 11
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
15 Every raven after his kind;
16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.
24 And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even.
25 And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
26 The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.
27 And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.
28 And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.
29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.
31 These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even.
32 And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.
33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.
34 Of all meat which may be eaten, that on which such water cometh shall be unclean: and all drink that may be drunk in every such vessel shall be unclean.
35 And every thing whereupon any part of their carcase falleth shall be unclean; whether it be oven, or ranges for pots, they shall be broken down: for they are unclean, and shall be unclean unto you.
36 Nevertheless a fountain or pit, wherein there is plenty of water, shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcase shall be unclean.
37 And if any part of their carcase fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it shall be clean.
38 But if any water be put upon the seed, and any part of their carcase fall thereon, it shall be unclean unto you.
39 And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcase thereof shall be unclean until the even.
40 And he that eateth of the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
41 And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.
43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:
47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

Humans dont have souls,nor do animals,please tell me where a "soul" is,inside the human body.

And yes,i quoted that to be an asshole,enjoy reading it ^^

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Lights said:
Well, except for the food chain, that is. :)

And I seriously hope you are joking about plants having feelings.. ? No need to go overboard to prove a point.

I've said this a hundred times: Do not argue with a Christian over specific points of teachings in the Bible. They will win. Even if with a simple cop-out of "God says so," they will win. It's pointless, so save your breath. There are other ways to go about.

I wish i was kidding but i has been proved that plants do react and have their own ways of showing their feelings. well u should not read or understand 'feelings' at a such a degree humans have... of course. They aren't able to express complex ones but they have basic ones.. like fear or happiness or even sadness.
it's hard to believe but.. it's true. heheh. ask some1 which loves plants and he/she will tell u what i just did.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Lights said:
they wont neccesarily win, they just never lose.

Stubborn, and close-minded people tend to fight to the bitter end, over nothing at all.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
As for souls, the church teachings is that every living thing has a soul, though that does not mean all souls are the same. The basic difference is that animal souls are not immortal like human souls and go out of existence once the animal or plant dies. As for equality of animals and humans, because as TBS mentioned above, unlike animals, human were created in the image of God. This, among other things, makes humans moral creatures, though it also entrusts us as with stewardship over animals. This is the church's teachings and in no way can be proven true or false at this period in time.

Zerglite said:
Stubborn, and close-minded people tend to fight to the bitter end, over nothing at all.
Any support for the statement that religious people are 'close-minded' would be appreciated. As a side note, this is in no way implying that people who are not religious are 'close-minded' because I believe that notion is just as misguided as this one.

Jim Morrison said:
Humans dont have souls,nor do animals,please tell me where a "soul" is,inside the human body.
The existence of human souls is like the existence of God, in our current time period we do not have the ability to show that they do or do not exist.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tipsy said:
Any support for the statement that religious people are 'close-minded' would be appreciated.
"If science contradicts what my religion teaches, it is science, and reality, that is wrong. My God cannot be wrong."

This is the mindset of most religious persons. Sure, not all, but most. If there are scientific facts that are found to contradict or discount the teachings of the Bible, it is science that is wrong. Kinda close-minded is ya' ask me.

Meh.

As for souls, religion teaches that our souls is what controls our mind. Our soul is who we are, and our body is just the physical display of it. But how does a soul control anything?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i have a question tipsy, what happens to someones soul when they have alzheimers? they lose parts of their memory, does that affect their soul?

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
i have a question tipsy, what happens to someones soul when they have alzheimers? they lose parts of their memory, does that affect their soul?
From my understanding, I would think that Alzheimer’s wouldn't affect your soul because it is a physical ailment while a soul is metaphysical. Though it supposively effects our physical bodies, the only thing that can truly harm your soul is sin.

Note: This has to do with currently unbackable teachings of the church.

Firebat

Member!
Reaction score
You know that tunguska event on the 30. June 1908, that huge explosion, which seismic activity you could feel all around the world........in 2 years will be its 100th anniversary, oh oh,!!! ARMAGEDDON!!

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh noes we just had a flood here its da end of da world.

So my town is flooded and I still think its stupid to think natural occurrences are signs of the end of the world.