Your thoughts on the world ending

t.A.T.u97

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
I'm sure there have been many threads about this, but I'm special making this thread special kk thx. :p

Anyway, I did go to church on Sunday Morning and they spent 5 hours talking about how the Earth is going to end. I believe it of course and just was wondering your take on it. In the Bible, it says Jesus gives us signs to when the world is going to end:

Various Earthquakes in various locations

Tsunami's

Hurricanes

1 World Government (One currency, one system of Belief, etc)

Much Evil in Mankind

Man is Materialistic and all about himself

War and Terrorism

Starvation of Many People

Anti Christs

Anyway the reason I do believe it is because most of it is comming true. We all know about the War and Terrorism, Hurricanes and Tsunami's. Earthquakes today are so common that they are "back page" news. Unless an Earthquake kills thousands and thousands of people, it is not reconized. It can kill hundreds and still be unknown because they are so common.

As for the 1 world Government, it is in progress as we speak, people are planning to make 1 Currency, 1 System of Government, etc in these days.

The starvation in Africa we all know about and nearly 25,000 people die everyday due to starvation. The Bible isn't based on life only in America, its worldwide. So people may not be starving but the thousands here, but in other places around the world they are.

Its just so many signs that are happening in these days that Jesus himself said would indicate the world would end.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
No offence but if thats the case, then the world ended long ago, and will end again ever 15 years or so. Life is fragile, the world could end tomarrow for all we know. We as people choose to see things and make things as we see fit. If we want a sign we will find 1 somewhere. It is all about belief and faith. I'm not saying you or anyone is wrong, just that what they say is signs as end of the world happen all the time.

Case in point:
Every generation has a war, followed by famine, pestelence, and then death.

Terrorism is by far nothing new, it's just that it is nothing brought out into the forefront since 9/11.

Earthquakes happen all the time, at various magnitudeds. For god sakes NYC had a 1.03 earthquake last year. I thought it was the subway. Natural desasters happen everyday somewhere in the world.

Starvation, wow theirs alot of that, since the dawn of time ..... remember LiveAid in the 80's that was to feed the poor in etheopia.

Plauges (forgot that 1) Every generation has 1 of these as well. A.I.D.S. Westnile, Cancer, Black Plauge, Small Pox, Collora, Typhoid, ect.

Hitler, Osama, Barnie the dinosaur, were all said to be the antichrist.

The one world government thing is off as well Rome, Greece, Egypt, all at that time had by population and by society all have basically 1 government. If you want to get more simplified, bartering is as bare and as basic, and that has been since the dawn of time.

Do I believe the world will end? Yes somewhere way down the line, but it wont be due to or be prewarned by these so called signs in the bible. Earth will simply die of old age so to speak. The core will dry up. Another possible way is another meteor will crash bringing us back to another ice age, possibilites are endless. However the signs that are stated by the bible, are things that happen on almost a regular basis, and I do not beleive these to be signs of the end of the world. Hell, the world was suppose to end on new years eve 2000, because all the signs were their. Didn't happen did it? During the black Plauge, more then half the worlds population died, they said end of the world their too.
Now if their was a monsterous neon sign that appeared before all saying, "The world will end in 24 hours, love god." or The four horsemen knocked on my door asking for directions then I would be worried.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
There is no end of the world. Seriously. Everyone is scared of Asteroids, yet the closest one is 8 light years away and isn't even in the proper orbit. So believe it or not, those shouldn't be our concern for this lifetime. As for black holes, the closest one is 1600 light years from Earth in the direction of Sagittarius, orbiting V4641 (SPACE.com). As for terrorists or even warfare, there isn't a bomb big enough to blow up the earth. Sure, it could whipe a good percentage of humanity off, but hey, we rebuild and repopulate we are back again.

There is talk of the supervolcano in Yellowstone being overdue for eruption. Who cares? That's only going to kill the US by starvation from the clouds and by freezing. The rest of the world can just sit back and laugh as they repopulate the US after we spend 7-10 years for the 1 meter of ash to corrode. No big deal, that's not the end of the world.

The New Madrid faultline. It hasn't gone off in 100 years, last time it went off it made the Mississippi run backwards, and due to the nature of the ground near the fault (Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, surrounding areas...christ I'm tired) are affected much deeply. A 6 on the Richter scale could devestate the area, seriously. That scale of earthquake in California would only effect about a 50-100 mile radius while one on that fault in the east can affect the whole coast. It's crazy, but it won't kill us.

I don't even want to think of more things that people are scared of, but quit focusing on your own life and consider the fact that the human race will live on. Beings that part is fact, the world will never end, and you have nothing to fear.

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
femininestrength.spaces.live.com
t.A.T.u97 said:
I'm sure there have been many threads about this, but I'm special making this thread special kk thx. :p

Anyway, I did go to church on Sunday Morning and they spent 5 hours talking about how the Earth is going to end. I believe it of course and just was wondering your take on it. In the Bible, it says Jesus gives us signs to when the world is going to end:

Tsunami's

Hurricanes

Much Evil in Mankind

War and Terrorism

Anti Christs

Anyway the reason I do believe it is because most of it is comming true. We all know about the War and Terrorism, Hurricanes and Tsunami's. Earthquakes today are so common that they are "back page" news. Unless an Earthquake kills thousands and thousands of people, it is not reconized. It can kill hundreds and still be unknown because they are so common.

As for the 1 world Government, it is in progress as we speak, people are planning to make 1 Currency, 1 System of Government, etc in these days.

The starvation in Africa we all know about and nearly 25,000 people die everyday due to starvation. The Bible isn't based on life only in America, its worldwide. So people may not be starving but the thousands here, but in other places around the world they are.

Its just so many signs that are happening in these days that Jesus himself said would indicate the world would end.
I agree with you tatu...all the signs are in place! I will not be one to fall into the beasts false tales of great things..I honestly hope it does end soon...with the way our world is headed and they way mankind has become disgusts me..TV sucks and shows alot of how society and mankinds mentality has become...nothing creative!

Sworn...the world would not have ended ages ago..you have to have all the signs in place for that to happen and they are now falling into place right before our eyes..there has never been a one world government or one currency for all of mankind to use..yes maybe there have been terible storms and devestation before but the other things were not in place as they are today!

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Angelicpower said:
I agree with you tatu...all the signs are in place! I will not be one to fall into the beasts false tales of great things..I honestly hope it does end soon...with the way our world is headed and they way mankind has become disgusts me..TV sucks and shows alot of how society and mankinds mentality has become...nothing creative!
TV sucks. I hope the human race gets whiped out!

On a more serious note, these are not 'signs'. As XxSworn_EnemyxX said, most of what you listed are regular natural occurances, that have happened a million times in the past.

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
the world would not have ended ages ago..you have to have all the signs in place for that to happen and they are now falling into place right before our eyes..there has never been a one world government or one currency for all of mankind to use..yes maybe there have been terible storms and devestation before but the other things were not in place as they are today!

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in 'signs'..because I don't take church lectures seriously. To you they're signs of something to come, to me they're nothing more than someone interpreting them as signs because in all reality, they want these stories to be true. Not because they want the world to end..but because they want the bible to be true. Everything listed is something that's already happened.

Wow..Antichrists? Since when? Oh no! Since always...

Hurricanes...storms...yes...happened billions of times. Say hi to mother nature.

Evil in mankind? Wtf is evil? That's extremely opinionated as is.

Terrorism? As said above...terrorism has always been a problem. People know about it now because the news tells them about it.

Starvation? Uhh...nice to know someone just discovered this problem..because it's existed forever.

Seriously, it's not like all these events mystically and magically fell into place in some divine way or order. These are things that have always happened...and will continue to happen.

You can take them as signs, but I won't simply because a book tells me to.

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
RoaCh Of DisCord said:
I don't believe in 'signs'..because I don't take church lectures seriously. To you they're signs of something to come, to me they're nothing more than someone interpreting them as signs because in all reality, they want these stories to be true. Not because they want the world to end..but because they want the bible to be true. Everything listed is something that's already happened.

Hurricanes...storms...yes...happened billions of times. Say hi to mother nature.

Terrorism? As said above...terrorism has always been a problem. People know about it now because the news tells them about it.

Starvation? Uhh...nice to know someone just discovered this problem..because it's existed forever.

Seriously, it's not like all these events mystically and magically fell into place in some divine way or order. These are things that have always happened...and will continue to happen.

Your right but forgot something..there has never been a one world government or one currency for all of mankind to use..they are trying to get that to happen in these days.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is true. If you take that as a sign that the world will end, that is your prerogative :)

Angelicpower

Member!
Reaction score
Website
RoaCh Of DisCord said:
This is true. If you take that as a sign that the world will end, that is your prerogative :)
I do only because the Bible says it will be like that in the end times and in the history of mankind that has yet to happen but is getting closer to becoming the way of life. My brother doesn't completely believe so let me say that I do not hate or dislike those that do not believe! The world of today is a scarey world and mankind had a hand in this.

AsianSexGoddess

Member!
Reaction score
If the end of the world comes..It will not be from religion or predictions..it will be becuase we ended it. We are destroying our o-zonew layer and depleting our resources...how long you tihnk its going 2 last?

t.A.T.u97

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
RoaCh Of DisCord said:

But theres one big thing. Someone didn't just go "hey look there is some signs we think that the world will end so lets preach it in church". No, Jesus himself said these things, what, thousands of years before Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, thousands starving in Africa.

This is not based on someone's thoughts and ideas on how the world will end or signs on how they think the world will end, it was Jesus who gave us these signs on how the world will end.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
t.A.T.u97 said:
This is not based on someone's thoughts and ideas on how the world will end or signs on how they think the world will end, it was Jesus who gave us these signs on how the world will end.
Just because your idol says its true doesnt mean it is.

Harunobu

Schlacht-Gott
Reaction score
t.A.T.u97 said:

Tsunami's

Hurricanes

Much Evil in Mankind

War and Terrorism

None of these are new. The ones I took out still havent occured and are not going to in the near future.

The world ends when the sun finally burns out.

The end.

And btw "evil" doesn't exist. :rolleyes

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Angelicpower said:
I do only because the Bible says it will be like that in the end times and in the history of mankind that has yet to happen but is getting closer to becoming the way of life. My brother doesn't completely believe so let me say that I do not hate or dislike those that do not believe! The world of today is a scarey world and mankind had a hand in this.
Forgive me for this, but, how is their a "1 government, and/or 1 world currency." I do not see myself using euros, rubles, gold,(which at 1 point was a world currency) spices, (again at 1 point world currency) or quan to buy some gas for my car. Nor do I see Fidel Castro ruling Asia, Great Britian, American, and Uranis.

The bible is filled with second (sometimes even third, forth ect.) hand knowledge from people passed down stories. As anyone knows no two tales told are exactly the same. Almost everything in the bible is contradictory of the other, or the real meaning has been changed due to difference in lauguage or meaning.
Hears a test try to find where it says in the bible that Mary Magdalin (however it's spelled) was actually a prostitute. You can not. Their is only 1 mention of the of the sort, and it refers to a different person, in the verse before it. You can not take things written by many people to mean the exact same thing to everyone. For god sakes the according to the bible one person has 3 wise men at the birth of christ, and someone else has 3 sheppards. WTF! Which 1 is it 3 poor ass loosers, or 3 rich all knowing snobs!

Just to note, the world was a lot more "scarey" back then, and I'm sure in the future it will seem alot more scarier to them at that time.

T.A.T.U. you said:
t.A.T.u97 said:
How the hell did Jesus tell us this is how the world will end, when the bible wasnt made till way after his death, and BTW the bible was not written by Jesus, so he actually didn't give these signs, they are just interpritations from someone else.

I understand you have faith, good for you, but that does not mean you have to follow every word blindly. If it said eatting a pound of shit a day was healthy in the bible would you do it? Think a bit.

I am not saying you are wrong, you could be more right then I know, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't look for signs for something to be true. In doing so you will find whatever it is you are looking for if you believe enough.

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jd inflames last posted-
There is talk of the supervolcano in Yellowstone being overdue for eruption. Who cares? That's only going to kill the US by starvation from the clouds and by freezing. The rest of the world can just sit back and laugh as they repopulate the US after we spend 7-10 years for the 1 meter of ash to corrode. No big deal, that's not the end of the world.

well, the smoke can go into the atmosphere and kill human population.

Venice_native

Premium Member
Reaction score

Tsunami's

Hurricanes

Much Evil in Mankind

War and Terrorism

Anti Christs

Try to tell me any of those which haven't been happening since the evolution of man.

The Soviet

Member!
Reaction score
The world will end by the following methods.

A) A world war involving nukes
B) An asteroid
C) no more ozone layer.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
If the world will EVER end; it will be because of the destruction human kind has done around him and not some supernatural powers.

every single thing you do influences something. even the simple fact you are turning on the light to your room.. just the simple fact you are buying a coke-cola. you are using world's resources without giving much back.

we brought this upon us not some judging super power force which want to punish us.

#19 add to that, no more fuel, no more space to live, not enough food to sustain the entire population, disease.. and etc