Your Thoughts on D3

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Because what else could they come up with that's less obsurd than the WD? Not only is the name a contridiction (witches arn't doctors) But it seems like an odd mix of a sorceress and the necro with a tribal look thrown on to cover it up. Anything else they come up with is probably going to be even worse. =D

Anyway,
Happy Fourth!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Because what else could they come up with that's less obsurd than the WD? Not only is the name a contridiction (witches arn't doctors) But it seems like an odd mix of a sorceress and the necro with a tribal look thrown on to cover it up. Anything else they come up with is probably going to be even worse. =D

Anyway,
Happy Fourth!
Lol, it's not like they made up the concept of a witch doctor. It's an old concept, and actually genuinely is tribal in nature. Think aboriginal African tribes...shamans and voodoo priests and such. The name "witch doctor" is not a Blizzard creation, they just chose it as a new idea for a D3 class...and I personally dig it hard.

It's more Necromancer + Druid than Nec+Sorc. I'm sad for what this probably means for the Nec returning in D3, but I can't complain too much as long as I get my pets and WALLS OF ZOMBIES!!!

Yes, I'm not normally one to put 3 exclamation points at the end of a sentence, but that skill makes me gibber like a West Virginia backwoods mongoloid. So flippin cool.

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah hehe =D Another thing I really hope to see in D3 is the tranparant map in the screen instead of just a small map in the corner. I loved that but I've heard others complain about it. Maybe a on/off button for it?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I don't understand how killing billions of stupid units to get loot and levels is fun, but hey it looks okay. Well count me out.
I don't understand using the same cookie cutter build on ANY Strategy Game as a definitive tactic vs Race A, B, and C for the same outcome a good amount of the time. But hey, I liked SC and WCIII all the same.

Either way the game will have repetition to it, as replay value is a big thing for this series as it is for most other blizzard games.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You don't do cookie cutter. You simply build the counter strategy to the optimum one and then you'll see some variety here. They counter your counter, then counter back. The point is the game changes in that players adapt to each other. Diablo is simply walk into a room, slash it until it dies. There's no strategy.

But Diablo is as simple as walking around and spamming frost nova. There's no physical skill and no higher strategy than that. All one needs is to dedicate large sums of time doing the same repetitive tasks in order to get ahead.

I can name a bunch of games off the top of my head that play just like that: Gauntlet Legends, Phantasy Star Online, Spartan Total Warrior, Dynasty Warriors, Norrath, God of War...

I find PvE in any game boring, well except Pokemon the Trading Card game because the CPU actually plays differently. PvP wise, I think we can all agree Diablo 2 was a joke, so improving on it won't be hard.

So again, all I see is roaming around and killing anything other than yourself. It's a game devoid of any strategy or skill... just whoever can farm the best items. Well if you are a fan of doing this I suppose you'll be in Diablo 3 heaven. I can't imagine playing something this repetitive for more than a few minutes.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Walking into a room and slaughtering everything sounds boring at first, but it's how you go about doing it that makes it fun.

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah hehe =D Another thing I really hope to see in D3 is the tranparant map in the screen instead of just a small map in the corner. I loved that but I've heard others complain about it. Maybe a on/off button for it?
Quoting myself

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if the zombie wall will be better for lag dupe?

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
..... did you just mention dupes in d3?
please, god no. never.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
But Diablo is as simple as walking around and spamming frost nova. There's no physical skill and no higher strategy than that. All one needs is to dedicate large sums of time doing the same repetitive tasks in order to get ahead.

Go to act 5 hell last Warp Pad and do that and tell me how long you live.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow joke sorry to offend *bows*

but seriously....i bet thats some insane lag

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
diablo 3 looks great. walking into rooms and slaughtering large hordes of baddies is where it's always been at

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yeh but i hope all or most of the skills this time will be put to good use. like maybe you need a combo of skills to take out a very hard to defeat boss.