Your Thoughts on D3

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
PvP to me was always a side note on D2...just something extra for people to engage in pissing contests over. I always saw PvP as unhealthy, actually...but then again, I'm more of a PvE sort of guy.

I'm sure D3 will have a nice PvP system, but from the looks of it they're going very heavily into the story, rather than random dungeon crawling. So far they appear to be doing the monster AI pretty well, but we'll see what else they have in store for us.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
come to think of it d2 was all about grinding....

PvP was the only aspect of the game without extreme repetition and even that got repetitive after a while.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hate PvP soooooooooooooo much. It ruined WoW for me. I just want to quest gayly with gay people and have a gay time.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I identify with you Renzo. Shaiya kind of sucks in that regard too...there are items called Lapis that work somewhat like gems and runes do in Diablo 2, that get socketed into your equipment to add stat bonuses and such...but the thing is, they're a lot tougher to get ahold of.

The only place they drop is off enemies in PvP zones, so you can be trying to farm Lapis either for your own purposes or to sell in the marketplace (boy can you get rich quick if you find good ones), and all of a sudden your minimap goes red and you get KO'd by a damn Lightie.

To me, PvP is more trouble than its worth. It just inspires conflict and rivalries between players...causes more obnoxiousness than it's worth. If it's implemented at all it needs to be in a controlled environment.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the skills system is improved on, all synergies did was make a few choice skills the only ones that got used. Before people could make successful hybrid builds, now people are stuck into make single-tree builds or they're ****ed.

I hope that they make gold the trade standard, but I doubt that that will ever happen.

I wish that stats could get worked on to make builds a little more original, other than a few choice builds (bowazons use dex, es sorcs use energy), every build consisted of min strength, min dex, max vit, no energy. I understand that there will always be min-maxers out there squeezing every point they can, but I think I can only wish that it could change.

I wish there was some kind of never ending gauntlet style dungeon, much like the difficulty of the Kagero of Nezeramontias. Could be used as a ranking system, who is the best PvM character? Have it have some special items dropped by key bosses in key stages or something, but not give experience. Could become the next best MF spot or something, as well as give those bored with countless Top-Boss runs something to do with themselves.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you can use the environment. I will have so much fun smashing walls!
I personally have no problem with the way it looks. I would like light radius back just because it made the game more interesting, not knowing what's next.

I am most defiantly going to have to try out this witch doctor character. I love druids for the ability to shape-shift and have little beasties. While it doesn't seem the witch doctor will be able to change form, and the fire abilities seem kinda lame, wall of zombies is the freakin coolest thing I have ever seen in Diablo. I also just love having ****loads of little minions to help me kill stuff.

the monsters seem pretty badass too, I was very impressed by the fat one that explodes into bunches of eel type things. The bosses look pretty neat too.

Mostly I'm just looking forward to more info and will be checking the site daily. I have lots of questions and can't wait for blizzard to answer them all. We may not have all the answers until the game is actually released.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
PvP is just so fun tho. nk, bm, pots lol

i just love it

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you can use the environment. I will have so much fun smashing walls!
I personally have no problem with the way it looks. I would like light radius back just because it made the game more interesting, not knowing what's next.

I am most defiantly going to have to try out this witch doctor character. I love druids for the ability to shape-shift and have little beasties. While it doesn't seem the witch doctor will be able to change form, and the fire abilities seem kinda lame, wall of zombies is the freakin coolest thing I have ever seen in Diablo. I also just love having ****loads of little minions to help me kill stuff.

the monsters seem pretty badass too, I was very impressed by the fat one that explodes into bunches of eel type things. The bosses look pretty neat too.

Mostly I'm just looking forward to more info and will be checking the site daily. I have lots of questions and can't wait for blizzard to answer them all. We may not have all the answers until the game is actually released.
I hear that, lol.

The dynamics of the environment just constantly had me amazed...it's unbelievable what a fully 3D game can pull off. The zombies crawling up the sides of that first area, the destructible scenery that actually affects monsters, and did anyone catch how just about any time something bumped into the sides of the bridges and ledges, pieces of the sides would crumble and fall? Just awesome.

The Witch Doctor's fire skill may not be the best, but that locusts thing is so badass. PLUS, if you watch the trailer closely you'll see that the Mongrels can be imbued not just with the locusts but with the fire too if you toss a fireball at them. So hardcore.

And yes...Wall of Zombies just about soiled me. So. Freaking. Cool. I'm, like, not going to use ANYTHING else. Just *sproing!* WALL OF ZOMBIES!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Maybe i should actually watch the gameplay trailer. This wall of zombies sounds pretty cool.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
So you haven't even watched the gameplay trailer? Lame.

You can get to it from the main homepage, but I actually couldn't load it worth **** because the page is so jacked up with animation and ****. It's pretty decent on Youtube.

It's 20 minutes, so it's cut into two vids.

Part 1:
YouTube - Diablo 3 Gameplay Video Part 1 *High Quality*

Part 2:
YouTube - Diablo 3 Gameplay Video Part 2 *High Quality*
It's the chat gem that's causing the lag.

Edit: 5:05+ on video 2 for the zombie wall

Edit2: This is a list of the items dropped during the game, from diablofans.
- Minor Lethality Rune
- Minor Power Rune
- Ancient Medallion
- Minor Energy Rune
- Chipped Star Topaz - New "star" variant
- Elixir of Vitality I
- Elixir of Willpower I

It seems they gave up on the rune naming system and just went with a more straight forward system.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I'm excited to know what the other character classes are. The interactions have increased a great deal.

- Amantis

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I hope they add more classes, though....otherwise the game looks perfect. :)

The ability to pick a male or female version on each class is really nice too.

Tw@

Hello
Reaction score
I fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hate PvP soooooooooooooo much. It ruined WoW for me. I just want to quest gayly with gay people and have a gay time.
So word. and yeah i want some ****in crazy classes. how about the theif they promised in D2.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Saw the gameplay trailer, and wow, i actually want this game. I'm impressed. The only thing i'm worried about is the repetitiveness. I really hope they get rid of the whole "clear this dungeon, then this area, then this area, then this area, then this dungeon, then you'll find what you're looking for". Took forever for the story to progress.

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Edit2: This is a list of the items dropped during the game, from diablofans.
- Minor Lethality Rune
- Minor Power Rune
- Ancient Medallion
- Minor Energy Rune
- Chipped Star Topaz - New "star" variant
- Elixir of Vitality I
- Elixir of Willpower I

It seems they gave up on the rune naming system and just went with a more straight forward system.
That disapoints me. I think that one entertaining aspect of the game was reading all the cool names of items like the runes. These remind you of the midievil culture that the diablo world is about.

Also having the same good old character classes like druid and sorc wouldnt bother me. honestly i was like "what the ****?" when i saw the witch doctor. seems like a over done attempt on a 'new and exotic' character. i mean, the thing didnt even look human. I dont see why they cant just stick with the previous classes - the barb, necromancer, amazon, druid, sorc, pally, and the assassin. Sure they could cut maybe a few like the amazon but do they have to go as far as a 'witch doctor'? Then again its just my opinion, everybody wants somethin' else. hehe =D

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That disapoints me. I think that one entertaining aspect of the game was reading all the cool names of items like the runes. These remind you of the midievil culture that the diablo world is about.
I hated that system, there was so many different runes to remember, it was annoying as ****. I'd find myself going on the interwebs to find out what bunch'a runes actually helped my class. It was annoying.

Also having the same good old character classes like druid and sorc wouldnt bother me. honestly i was like "what the ****?" when i saw the witch doctor. seems like a over done attempt on a 'new and exotic' character. i mean, the thing didnt even look human. I dont see why they cant just stick with the previous classes - the barb, necromancer, amazon, druid, sorc, pally, and the assassin. Sure they could cut maybe a few like the amazon but do they have to go as far as a 'witch doctor'? Then again its just my opinion, everybody wants somethin' else. hehe =D
Why would D3 have the same boring and cliche classes like D2? I'm glad they have the WD, he actually looks like fun.