Your Thoughts on D3

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
too much blur. not enough bloom

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
um its raining isnt it suppose to be different when it rains and so far i think its awesome and i cant wait im still squealing like a lil girl

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ugh i didnt like wow because of the way it looked. this looks a bit like wow....

i really, seriously hope it feels different to wow.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Super alpha whatever stage > you wang. :D

I think it's a sign that Blizzard will dominate the PC Gaming world. They've essentially appeased all of their fanbase now.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah, I just got home from work and 3 minutes after that last post I watched the video. It looks simply amazing. The boss doing the fatality on the witch doctor was badass, too.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Super alpha whatever stage > you wang. :D

I think it's a sign that Blizzard will dominate the PC Gaming world. They've essentially appeased all of their fanbase now.
yea i know they are soo gonna update their grafix:rolleyes-blank:

They have nothing to dominate at the moment IMO. Theres really nothing the PC gaming world has

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It's Diablo III though, it's using the same hack n slash formula that to my knowledge no other game has really been able to replicate as well, and improving on it with additional features and a new story, as well as a lot of other things most likely in the future. Blizzard doesn't need to worry about much. They have all the cash they need as far as I'm concerned. WoW could fund a mess up if there is one...but I doubt there will be.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
i really hope so.

IMO there should be some more balance to the game and not one character class dominating the rest like the paladins are doing right now. i dont think they should add any more than 5 characters in.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm wondering how permanent deaths are going to be now...respawning in town and going to collect your corpse just doesn't seem too feasible when your body is a tattered headless wreck strewn across the entire boss area.

I love how realistic this game is becoming, but I'm almost afraid it's becoming TOO realistic, and losing a lot of that "screw common sense, this is how the game works" functionality that makes the game simpler to navigate and enjoy.

Overall though, I'm enraptured by these trailers. I can't wait to see more of what's to come.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how permanent deaths are going to be now...respawning in town and going to collect your corpse just doesn't seem too feasible when your body is a tattered headless wreck strewn across the entire boss area.

I love how realistic this game is becoming, but I'm almost afraid it's becoming TOO realistic, and losing a lot of that "screw common sense, this is how the game works" functionality that makes the game simpler to navigate and enjoy.

Overall though, I'm enraptured by these trailers. I can't wait to see more of what's to come.
The Entire game is like Hardcore now!!!!!!!

ya F-ing right. I agree though, that could complicate things. I'm just hoping when you die you get like a slap on the wrist and you can just straight continue like before.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
they probably have resurrection stones like the ones from wc3. It would be neat if Tyrael follwed you(liked deckard cain does) and resurrects u everytime you die.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
At least the quests will be better or more random/less planned out. Cain following you was pretty neat, It wouldn't really be a diablo game without him in my opinion.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hard to believe the old ****er is still alive, lol. D2 was 20 years ago, and he was pretty old back then.

But yeah, gruesome deaths are rulage, but means of resurrection interest me. I mean, you certainly didn't see the dead Barb and Witch Doctor coming back for more midbattle. I wonder if perhaps whole parties have to die before a resurrection can occur, and the quest is restarted? D3 seems to be more linear now, rather than just "wander around till you find the next area and kill something."

I read some interesting info on the FAQ section of the site that mentions how the random map generation is still in place, but the engine allows for "random scripted events." Such as that dungeon can be built in any number of ways, but whereever you find Cain, he'll follow you from there...and like how that business with the Goatlings and their leader running around rallying armies of them could happen anywhere on a map. It seems like overall enemy AI is being worked out beautifully and monsters do more than just wander around until you walk up to em and start hitting them.

The game is just completely evolving...this promises to be probably the most amazing game I'll ever play...at least to date once it comes out.

Edit: Oh, and in the FAQ Blizzard mentioned that the quest system will be way different...there are potentially even going to be class-specific quests as well.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
they said there would still be acts...

i think its going to be a big game. On the site there is a map that shows the world and several locations have a symbol on them. There are like 8 or 9 of theses and if each are independent acts(i dont think there will be acts...maybe sidequests?) with each 5-8 zones + a handful of dungeons there will be a LOT of content

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If blizzard does something right, ti better be enemy AI. While having huge numbers of enemies just rush you so you can cut each down in a line was fun in D2 it only lasted so long. Here's hoping Diablo III will have much better AI, that could surprise and plan against you so you don't just do the same **** for 40 hours.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
no no no the enemy ai doesnt matter as much as PvP scene.

there is not enough reward for PvP combat. the PvP is too imbalanced. ****ing pallys. i hope they make teleport much less versatile