Your Thoughts on D3

Discussion in 'Diablo III' started by Wing Zero, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Wing Zero

Wing Zero lol just as planned

Philly
    too much blur. not enough bloom

[​IMG]

2. concrete_sox

concrete_sox Premium Respected Member

um its raining isnt it suppose to be different when it rains and so far i think its awesome and i cant wait im still squealing like a lil girl

3. AZN_FLEA

AZN_FLEA BattleForums Senior Member

ugh i didnt like wow because of the way it looked. this looks a bit like wow....

i really, seriously hope it feels different to wow.

4. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Battle God

Palmdale
    Super alpha whatever stage > you wang. :D

I think it's a sign that Blizzard will dominate the PC Gaming world. They've essentially appeased all of their fanbase now.

5. Sogeking

Sogeking Shithead

what he said.

i like how you dont even comment on the fact that monster is biting that PLAYERS head off.

6. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Battle God

Palmdale
    Yeah, I just got home from work and 3 minutes after that last post I watched the video. It looks simply amazing. The boss doing the fatality on the witch doctor was badass, too.

7. Sogeking

Sogeking Shithead

i'm wondering if fatalities are goign to be a part of the game or not(like conan, but better because its diablo)

Diablo III - Tristram Cathedral

i think we're going to see the butcher again

8. Wing Zero

Wing Zero lol just as planned

Philly
    yea i know they are soo gonna update their grafix:rolleyes-blank:

They have nothing to dominate at the moment IMO. Theres really nothing the PC gaming world has

9. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Battle God

Palmdale
    It's Diablo III though, it's using the same hack n slash formula that to my knowledge no other game has really been able to replicate as well, and improving on it with additional features and a new story, as well as a lot of other things most likely in the future. Blizzard doesn't need to worry about much. They have all the cash they need as far as I'm concerned. WoW could fund a mess up if there is one...but I doubt there will be.

10. TroiK-

TroiK- Premium Member

Oregon
    Im pretty sure they will be smart enough to keep it classic like D2

11. AZN_FLEA

i really hope so.

IMO there should be some more balance to the game and not one character class dominating the rest like the paladins are doing right now. i dont think they should add any more than 5 characters in.

12. Vadriel

Vadriel Bite my shiny metal ass!

Russellville, AR
    I'm wondering how permanent deaths are going to be now...respawning in town and going to collect your corpse just doesn't seem too feasible when your body is a tattered headless wreck strewn across the entire boss area.

I love how realistic this game is becoming, but I'm almost afraid it's becoming TOO realistic, and losing a lot of that "screw common sense, this is how the game works" functionality that makes the game simpler to navigate and enjoy.

Overall though, I'm enraptured by these trailers. I can't wait to see more of what's to come.

13. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    The Entire game is like Hardcore now!!!!!!!

ya F-ing right. I agree though, that could complicate things. I'm just hoping when you die you get like a slap on the wrist and you can just straight continue like before.

14. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Battle God

Palmdale
    I hope they keep the traditional method personally, maybe make it a bit more costly but nothing too extreme.

15. Sogeking

Sogeking Shithead

they probably have resurrection stones like the ones from wc3. It would be neat if Tyrael follwed you(liked deckard cain does) and resurrects u everytime you die.

16. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Battle God

Palmdale
    At least the quests will be better or more random/less planned out. Cain following you was pretty neat, It wouldn't really be a diablo game without him in my opinion.

17. Vadriel

Vadriel Bite my shiny metal ass!

Russellville, AR
    Hard to believe the old ****er is still alive, lol. D2 was 20 years ago, and he was pretty old back then.

But yeah, gruesome deaths are rulage, but means of resurrection interest me. I mean, you certainly didn't see the dead Barb and Witch Doctor coming back for more midbattle. I wonder if perhaps whole parties have to die before a resurrection can occur, and the quest is restarted? D3 seems to be more linear now, rather than just "wander around till you find the next area and kill something."

I read some interesting info on the FAQ section of the site that mentions how the random map generation is still in place, but the engine allows for "random scripted events." Such as that dungeon can be built in any number of ways, but whereever you find Cain, he'll follow you from there...and like how that business with the Goatlings and their leader running around rallying armies of them could happen anywhere on a map. It seems like overall enemy AI is being worked out beautifully and monsters do more than just wander around until you walk up to em and start hitting them.

The game is just completely evolving...this promises to be probably the most amazing game I'll ever play...at least to date once it comes out.

Edit: Oh, and in the FAQ Blizzard mentioned that the quest system will be way different...there are potentially even going to be class-specific quests as well.

18. Sogeking

Sogeking Shithead

they said there would still be acts...

i think its going to be a big game. On the site there is a map that shows the world and several locations have a symbol on them. There are like 8 or 9 of theses and if each are independent acts(i dont think there will be acts...maybe sidequests?) with each 5-8 zones + a handful of dungeons there will be a LOT of content

19. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    If blizzard does something right, ti better be enemy AI. While having huge numbers of enemies just rush you so you can cut each down in a line was fun in D2 it only lasted so long. Here's hoping Diablo III will have much better AI, that could surprise and plan against you so you don't just do the same **** for 40 hours.

20. AZN_FLEA

no no no the enemy ai doesnt matter as much as PvP scene.

there is not enough reward for PvP combat. the PvP is too imbalanced. ****ing pallys. i hope they make teleport much less versatile