Your Race of choice in SCII?

Your race of choice in SCII

• Total voters

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Ntrik can or can't ? You know pretty well they have common features, war3 and sc races. Some ideas for war3 like UD blight are from SC where else do you think from?

I was too young to realize some things, like I could have started roc&tft with players from the first release instead of wasting time with campaigns and computers. I would have been a pro by now. In SCII I'm gonna start solo with players from the very beginning, solo first then campaigns. My point is that in order to see how strong a race is, I would need to test protoss and zerg as well, not that this will change Terran for me, but to know what to face, campaigns are the best to examine a race (hey a rhyme xD, Im soo poetic). With the explanations, you know.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ugh, sorry mate, but comparing SC II to WC III kinda ruins the mood to post in this thread :(

In any case, I've always played as random, although my favourite race are the Terrans.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I've always been fairly balanced with the 3 SC races...I have favorite strategies with each of them...

As far as sheer power goes, I <3 Protoss...however, with the new, larger numbers of units available in SC2, I'll probably be doing a LOT of Zerg stuff. It's looking like in this game you'll actually be able to do justice to the term "Zerg Swarm."

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Ugh, sorry mate, but comparing SC II to WC III kinda ruins the mood to post in this thread :(
You cannot compare WCIII to SCII anyhow, for a few reasons.

1) Hero Units.
2) 4 Races.
3) More emphasis on ground units.

That being said, Protoss is my favourite.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score

Sorry that many bfs members have played war 3 long enough and know what I mean and why I compare them. Many would choose their race based on what race in SCII is closest to their race in war3 even with the little they have in common. Because many war3 players will switch to SCII.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I've played WC3 pretty long, and I'm not gonna decide my race based on WC3 races, I'm gonna decide it by whatever is easiest or smoothest for me to use.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ntrik can or can't ? You know pretty well they have common features, war3 and sc races. Some ideas for war3 like UD blight are from SC where else do you think from?

I was too young to realize some things, like I could have started roc&tft with players from the first release instead of wasting time with campaigns and computers. I would have been a pro by now. In SCII I'm gonna start solo with players from the very beginning, solo first then campaigns. My point is that in order to see how strong a race is, I would need to test protoss and zerg as well, not that this will change Terran for me, but to know what to face, campaigns are the best to examine a race (hey a rhyme xD, Im soo poetic). With the explanations, you know.
oops I meant can't

yea, they're similar, but only in small aspects. In a big picture, you can't really compare those two games' races, and choose because of it. The only similarity between UD and zerg I see is.. blight... that's pretty much it..

There's probably more, but their similarity is too insignificant overall.

Anyways, still going with protoss,

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
To be fair to the people that do compare WC:III to SC:II, if you can find similarities and make choices off them, then all the more power to ya.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Sorry that many bfs members have played war 3 long enough and know what I mean and why I compare them. Many would choose their race based on what race in SCII is closest to their race in war3 even with the little they have in common. Because many war3 players will switch to SCII.
Don't be sorry.

After all, most of those that are here posting in the SC II forum are former SC % SC: BW fans.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm jumping on the SCII bandwagon because I liked SC alot (until WCIII came out) and I figure if I start competitvly at the start with SCII, I'll be able to become just as good and better quicker than I was with WCIII.

Zunder

Reaction score
Im a kinda terran person, Im in with the 'lets flank the enemy with swarms of marines' kind of Idea, and I stick by it, No matter how tough It gets for the Terran forces, they always have Jim Raynor (sergent)

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I like various aspects of each race...if I'm gonna do slow pushing, I use Terran, mostly with BCs or Siege Tanks. If I'm feeling like overwhelming the enemy with sheer numbers, Mutaswarm time. If I just want to powerhouse through everything, Dragoon or Scout massing time.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Toss is catching up in the poll. :)

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Don't be sorry.

After all, most of those that are here posting in the SC II forum are former SC % SC: BW fans.
Should I list people who have played war3 and not only sc&bw? Mike is one of them, when SCII is out you will see how many warcrafters will post in SCII forum. It is just too early for ex-war3 players to appear and post about sc2 but I decided to think about it early since in war3 I realized what is best to play too late.

I'm jumping on the SCII bandwagon because I liked SC alot (until WCIII came out) and I figure if I start competitvly at the start with SCII, I'll be able to become just as good and better quicker than I was with WCIII.
Aha, so will I. When I played SC&BW I played few solo& many team games and mostly FFA but I never learnt what is best to play, so in war3 in 2001-02 I didn't even know what bnet was like (I haven't played sc&bw bnet) and till 2004 I just was a newb playing 3v3 RT. In 2004 I started solo till now (now I just retired from war3) and the result?

Result: Having in mind newbs call me pro but I know the meaning of this word because I have played vs real pro-s, I ended war3 just as an average player beating many good players even from pro clan (the good players I have owned are like 30-40% and the rest 60%-70% are just newbs and worse than my skill), losing from low-skilled (which was inacceptable). And I still got raped by good players. Why? Simple. They have played this game and prolly became good soloers since roc, while in 2004 I started solo like a total newb, some have 5 years and what? Now they are in pro clans, where do I go? Nowhere, I just ended in a weak ESL-BWCL -league clan., then no one wants me... pff I can't even make a lvl 30 solo on less than 110 wins, which is bad, while so many are lvl 30-31 at 110 wins which is not the best - some are lvl 35 at 100 wins or with solo 80-90 : 40 win:losses, and you Mike know that such stats match you with PRETTY GOOD players. Now this is pro and I ended with massing 200 games for lvl 30, there were even massers 600 games for lvl 40 oO, 300 games lvl 27, now these are newbs. Well I was better than that and than lvl 32 200-250 wins but compare to 100 wins. Stats don't matter? Hello? Talking about no decay in which one player beats better players and gets lvl 30 fast while I was doing almost equal win:losses if I have 7 wins more I get 5 losses after than so always keep 1:1 win to losses. That's how I mass games for low levels like 30-32 while some are lvl 40-42 even 45+ at my stats. And what is the reason???????? I started solo too late, no matter how I play there will be always players AHEAD of me in war3. SCII will be new for everbody, I don't know how SC players will do but we warcrafters will do even better imo since war3 teaches more micro skill. It will still be new for everyone, that's why unlike war3 where I realized what to play too late and you see the result, I will start SOLO from my very first game, I will even do - solo 1st, then campaigns, more important would be playing solo. And I intend to become a very good player and enter in a pro clan, what I failed in war3. I'm glad to see you will do the same, thats my mistake in war3, now I know what to play in SCII! But there is a problem about the definition 'SKILL" because of massing units as I said in my other thread.