Your perspective on hunting...

Homem mAIOR

Member!
Reaction score
That I agree... Deer is too damn good!!
But thats hunting to eat not hunting just to clear a whole area!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
My point EXACTLY. There is a massive difference. However, still, there is really no reason why you should even hunt for food in today's age, unless you are just too poor to afford food, in which case you're too poor to afford bullets, and you die anyway.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
J'kar said:
I read the posts. I just discounted your opinion.
www.dictionary.com. What you're basing your arguments on are opinions. My comment was a fact. It's my opinion that deer are one of the biggest causes of death and property damage here? That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Right...deer is BIG cause of property damage and death...you mean that people where you live can't drive properly, and are therefore constantly running deer down and getting killed? It's not the deer's fault, it's the fault of the people who drive on deer land and can't read the signs that say "Deer Xing."

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
J'kar said:
Right...deer is BIG cause of property damage and death...you mean that people where you live can't drive properly, and are therefore constantly running deer down and getting killed? It's not the deer's fault, it's the fault of the people who drive on deer land and can't read the signs that say "Deer Xing."
so True.

Anyways, I hate hunting unless it is for food. And Let me clarify this, I would actualy go out and kill a deer for food over simply buying meet at the story. That is safe to say, I know that a wild deer is not going to be grossly injected with steroids and al the bullshit that goes into pre-packaged meat. I try to eliminate all of the modern day convenience grocery store food, however I don't live near any place to hunt. Until I move out of Toronto, I am stuck with crappy meat.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yes, so true, because, conveniently, there's a deer crossing sign in the general vicinity of every place a deer might cross the road. And yes, everyone in this entire county and the ones bordering it "can't drive properly" because deer run directly in front of their car while driving 65 MPH. This thread is just full of intelligent ****ing comments. Way to be.

Homem mAIOR

Member!
Reaction score
Pan said:
so True.

Anyways, I hate hunting unless it is for food. And Let me clarify this, I would actualy go out and kill a deer for food over simply buying meet at the story. That is safe to say, I know that a wild deer is not going to be grossly injected with steroids and al the bullshit that goes into pre-packaged meat. I try to eliminate all of the modern day convenience grocery store food, however I don't live near any place to hunt. Until I move out of Toronto, I am stuck with crappy meat.
Also true!! I mean if we eat chicken we are subjected to an huge amount of chemicals... that's lame cause they may cause cancer and stuff...

Zarn

Reaction score
I'm from afrique and have both hunted & been 'hunted' by both animal and human ..... Survival was the driving motivation in most cases.
I have pointed a camera at an african buffalo & been charged, and have also pointed an assault weapon at a human and been ignored ...

I have seen elephants cry from the death of their own and seen orphans sitting uncomprehending in the dust - the invention of gunpowder was surely a true curse!

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
As to Azrael's comment, deer don't cross where the signs are. They cross where ever the heck they want to. The signs are there to warn us humans. The fact is, we just don't pay attention. I've been in a wreck with a deer. We had an SUV, a Yukon XL, specifically. We hit a deer head on and totaled the truck. That thing was a tank. A deer can do more damage than another car.

DaRk_rEvEnAnT

Member!
Reaction score
Ok...bottom line. Deer suck. I enjoy killing them because it makes my front fender feel safer. I would kill and eat all the deer in the world....or just kill them and sell the to the europeans because they consume more venison than we do. Also, any animal that can get a semi-important part in a movie like the Ring 2 deserves to die, in my opinion.

I say it again.....deer suck.

Zarn

Reaction score
الجهل شر الأصحاب
Ignorance is the worst acquaintance!

Your culture oft lauds the giving of death & the mechanisms for inflicting it, and yet squeal the hardest & loudest when it turns on you ....

a1steaksauce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i used to live in up state NY but now i love in lower delaware.i think hunting for food is ok but sport isnt good.although we get so many deer at times they eat all their food and then they end up starving.so whats worse,a bullet or starvation?

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
J'kar said:
Wow, that is one of the most ignorant posts ive seen of you Jkar. Where i live, every place is deer land. If your driving on a road, you have a chance of a deer jumping out infront of you without warning. They just run across the road at high running speeds, theres nothing you can do to avoid them.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah.... and at night they see the headlights and just freeze up. hitting a deer goin 50 will easily kill you. theres plenty of places here where ive seen deer, and almost all of the time its away from the "town" part of town, in the country where speed limits are higher. you dont have a chance to avoid hitting it. not saying they should all be exterminated... but they are a real threat.

160-180 pounds of pure tensed up muscle will total a car, and the deer wont just go under the car, its tense and can go through the windsheild and kill people. deer and humans are roughly the same size, but deer have alot more muscle and get scared when hey see headlights and tense up.

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
I'd love to hunt for my own food. As long as it tastes nice :p. We are humans and we do need to used weapons to hunt them, but i think it would be a lot more fun with a spear(that would be more painful to them though even though using guns to you is 'cheap'). The fact is humans do get pleasure from the hunt anyone who has been on one will probally know this unless they have really high morals. We like to hunt because it encourages us to do so and hunting was the way we had to surivive. Its completely natural, its going back to the caveman thinking for a few hours, the adrenaline rush. It's like stress relief for a few people, it's healthier than supermarket products, gets you Americans to exercise, helps to bring down the deer population that can be dangerous and as long as you dont go round with assault rifles killing many deer in one hunt I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as you eat most of what you kill... animals are put through pain anyway because believe it or not humans arent the only hunters in the world! Wow!

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"I'd love to hunt for my own food."

-yeah, too bad you guys killed off all your huntable wildlife when you raped your country with coal mines and the like.

"We are humans and we do need to used weapons to hunt them, but i think it would be a lot more fun with a spear"

-uh huh.....well you just try to go lion or elephant hunting using that method...get back to me and tell me how it went.

"The fact is humans do get pleasure from the hunt anyone who has been on one will probally know this unless they have really high morals"

-you mean staunch morals....high morals is something you might get if the world was a gigantic mmo.

"We like to hunt because it encourages us to do so and hunting was the way we had to surivive"

-yeah....adn now it just encourages us to sit around in the woods for a few hours drinking beer with the guys while we wait for some stupid animal to walk acros the crosshairs of our overpowered rifles.

"Its completely natural, its going back to the caveman thinking for a few hours"

-you try going back to the caveman thinking for a few hours around your gf or wife.....outside of the bedroom, that is ;)

"helps to bring down the deer population that can be dangerous"

-oh shit....deer...kill all of the evil deer...aaaaaaaaaa *glares*

"as long as you dont go round with assault rifles killing many deer in one hunt "

-why the **** not.....

"humans arent the only hunters in the world! Wow!"

-youre absolutely right....were just the only ones with morals.

its ok....i dont really hate you...im just bored.

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Really?? How would a dear kill us??
You're a retard. I meant that we would starve if we didn't hunt. Think back long ago, when we wore loinclothes.

Natural selection is one thing but we are forcing natural selection by the changes we are provocking in the Earthen climate!!!
Okay. They adapt or they die. But either way, the earth is rather adaptable to the chemicals we dump into it. If you care to look, it is recovering. And global warming is BS also, since the only statistics I've seen don't disregard the irregular weather activities in the 1800's, making a 2* increase noticable. If the earth can adapt, why can't they?

You read too much national geographic. Its all propaganda, dude. Anyways, I bet you'd change your mind when you taste some freshly hunted deer. I have it all the time, my friend has a fridge dedicated to deer that he hunts, and its by far the best meat ever.

Anyways, even if you are right, your talk spawns stupid shit like the bill that is probably going to pass in Washington because of our corrupt liberal governor doesn't know better. It basically makes shooting cougars (even in self defence) illegal. While it sounds like it has no negative effects over here in western Washington, cougars are often found destroying crops and property in eastern washington, and killing people. So now, instead of defending their lives and land, they have to hide and wait until the cougar has ruined their crops for long enough.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Native americans hunted, but, used almost if not all of every part of the animal that was slained. Not only this, but also prayed to their god(s) for the "gift". Hunting is a good way to control the population of certain animal, but, I find it personally it inhumane to hunt for sport, without using the kill to some good, weather it be food, or whatever.

I find no sport in waiting for some animal to cross my path, while foraging for food or whatever, just to kill it.

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
---- too lazy to read all threads n posts, so i will just give you my thought----

Hunting... im not one who hunts. hell i never have. But i do not think its bad nor good. I think its acceptable ONLY if it is for food. and if it doesnt go to waste and you are grateful for it... i just wish people wouldnt do it to hang a head up on the wall. Also... just one thing i kinda dont get is, why hunt for food if u prolly alrdy have food? I can understand those in dire situations. but in like America there are few who go hunting that dont have food. if its just for sport. maybe just use like a aerosoft gun. or a very light tranq?

YEh thats my thought

-Mr.Sloth