Your perspective on hunting...

icastbigspells

Premium Member
Reaction score
What is your perspective on hunting. Is it right or wrong. Whats a matter with hunting.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I live in upstate NY, so my perspective is that every ****ing deer within five hundred miles should be methodically hunted down and murdered in some gruesomely painful fashion.

Zerglite

Reaction score
hunting = good if u do it for food

hunting = bad if u do it for sport

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
No one hunts for food. Just because you eat it doesn't mean you were hunting for food. Everyone who hunts does it for the pleasure of hunting, not out of necessity, regardless if they eat their kill afterwards. They have a thing called grocery stores. I don't believe that eating what you murdered makes it any more or less right, because the act you committed was the same. However, I don't see anything wrong with it in the first place, so that's a moot point to me. Deer extinction would be a nice environmental change.

₪Zeratul₪

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzard.com
Sport hunting is a waste of natural resources.
If you hunt, use the fruits of your labour.
Don't just kill to have the antlers.
Use the meat, use the hide, use all you can.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I myself don't like hunting. I don't see the joys in murdering an animal in the name of "fun". I just don't get it I suppose.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, there is quite a bit of subsistance hunting, for example, a great deal of Alaska (where I am) uses hunting/trapping/fishing to make a living. Glad I live in Anchorage.

I, too, don't see the "joys" of killing something that doesn't understand it, and think it's a drag on the environment that's completely unnessicary in most areas of todays society.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i think its a lot better then hunting each otehr down
i dont really mind i gusse its fun trying to find that one animal to put up in your living room

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i wouldint mind hunting... but people use a gun,or a knife or a foreign weapon... wich gives the animal practicly no chance... if people hunted with there bare hands..it would be better in my opinion... im pretty sure a deer could kick any mans ass with its antlers... but we have guns so the deer stands no chance..

and as roach,and many othrs see, i dont see a point in hunting.. if u want food,go buy it at the store.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
But Xenoce, we down in the more agricultural areas of America do have need of hunting. I hunt. My uncle's father allows us to use his house as our camp. I've seen how deer can f*** up crops. Hunting keeps them down, and allows us to eat food and make money.

Another thing, the game commission regulates the amount of deer that are killed each season by handing out the hunting licenses. If these didn't exist, you'd have happy-go-lucky gun-runners who'd shoot anything deer-like, and if it didn't have horns, they'd leave it and go for another. If hunters did this, doe population would drop, and less deer would be born, etc., etc., until the entire species was destroyed. By regulating buck and doe tags, the game commission keeps the deer population at a manageable level.

As to using everything you kill, I enjoy deer meat. I honestly hunt for it. That isn't to say I need to, but I prefer wild meat to that of a domesticated animal. The trophy is good too. ::looks up at ten point buck on wall:: While this may not be true for all butchers, but the butcher I take my deer to sells the hide to tanners, and keeps some of the bones for his dog. I'm not entirely sure what he does with the rest of the bones, but I'm sure he does something with them.

Homem mAIOR

Member!
Reaction score
l33t 0n3 said:
I'm for natural selection, so I'm naturally also for hunting. Without hunting, we would be extinct.
Really?? How would a dear kill us??
Natural selection is one thing but we are forcing natural selection by the changes we are provocking in the Earthen climate!!!
I'm against hunting unless as a mean to survive cause seing a guy with 30 rabbits pending from the trailler back isn't for survival... it's more rabbits than they can ever hit or give away so it's just a waste...

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Homem mAIOR said:
Really?? How would a dear kill us??
Obviously you don't live in an area of high deer population, or you wouldn't say something so ignorant. The area I live in has a decent deer population, and everyone has to live in fear of them. One of the largest causes of death and property damage here is deer. When I said I'd love to see them extinct, I wasn't kidding. It'd be a nice change, even if it was just a 100 mile radius around me where they were wiped out.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
[Glow=Red]I live in Arkansas...a relatively small city in Arkansas...I am in the REDNECK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! Hunting is the state sport I'm pretty sure. It makes me sick. If I have to see one more moronical BillyBob hefting his gun, sporting full camo, chewing his "tobacky" and saying "I'ma goinna shoot me sumtin" with an illiterate look to his face, I'm gonna scream. I hate hunting and those who do it for fun. When we needed to hunt to survive, we did it. We don't have to anymore, so wtf did deer ever do to us? Seriously, folks. Your wall looks fine without a dead animal head on it, and antlers are not a worthy trophy in my book.[/Glow]

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
J'kar said:
wtf did deer ever do to us?
-Azrael666- said:
One of the largest causes of death and property damage here is deer.
Notice how I answered your question before you asked it? Reading the posts before you helps :p

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
I personally have no problem with hunting, and I have gone hunting with my grandpa a few times. Hunting is fine with me up to the point where you aren't going to be driving the animal to the point of extinction, and what comes from the hunting is actually somewhat used. The whole jumping on a train and shooting every animal you see for the fun of it, which actually has been done by many people, is just a waste in my opinion.

Homem mAIOR

Member!
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
Obviously you don't live in an area of high deer population, or you wouldn't say something so ignorant. The area I live in has a decent deer population, and everyone has to live in fear of them. One of the largest causes of death and property damage here is deer. When I said I'd love to see them extinct, I wasn't kidding. It'd be a nice change, even if it was just a 100 mile radius around me where they were wiped out.
Nice talk considering you occupied their territory... I mean, you steel their matting place and expect they to be fine with it??
Imagine you arrive home with a girl ready for some hot accion and found out that a deer made your bed the local bathroom... I'd be pissed of big time!!

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Where I live, we hunt because if we dont, the population of the deer get out of hand which causes them to go into the roads which make crashes.

And deer meat tastes good.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I won't say that venison isn't quality meat, it just makes me sick that shotgun-toting morons can't think of anything else to do for fun but to go shoot something.

And Az? I read the posts. I just discounted your opinion.