Your personal opinion on this idea at the WoW forums

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
..and this idea is doing rather well, over 250 people have /signed it!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-professions&t=10360&p=1&tmp=1#post10360

basically they were thinking of a new profession like woodworking. it would have something along the lines of lumberjacking of specific types of trees and certain types (like herbalism), and crap like chisels and whatnot to make the items. such items could be staves, bows, etc. dunno about you, and it may never get fully considered by blizzard, but i really like the idea. id probably drop my current professions for it.

what do you guys think? :p

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
its gonna get ignored anyways, POINTLESS

but it'd be good laugh to see Nightelves chop down wood.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
yes it does seem fun, but it requires a lot of change. they would need to add different types of trees and respawnable trees. they would have to change a lot of the locations to suite the trees. also, they would have to add a bunch of new items and bows. that would help hunters out even more. also, it could change the economy.. some how.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
meh, it fits pretty well in the game if you ask me. its like herbalism and mining, only its respawnable trees rather then respawnable flowers and veins. how hard is that?

not only would it help hunters, but think. we can make wooden staves! we can make something we actaully use!!

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wow a whole 250. Come on guys, you'll need alot more then that.

When we wanted to change the AWP back in Counter-Strike after they "fixed" a "glitch" thats been in the game since version 1.0 we had over 30,000 signed, and we didn't even get a response.

Sounds like a good idea for World of Warcraft though, and I'll sign it.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
250, while impressive, is actually rather small when you look at it.

There's at least 750,000 people playing WoW, maby 10,000 at most posting on that forum. 250 isn't that spectacular:-/

Great idea though, however I see much more people using guns than bows anwyay.

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dunno, and extra profession isent that cool. We need to make a petition for something like NE females being allowed to get totally nude... lol :p

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I think it would be a great idea, maybe could be used for making shields and some shoulderpads as well.
SephirothX89 said:
I dunno, and extra profession isent that cool. We need to make a petition for something like NE females being allowed to get totally nude... lol :p
You are a sick sad man.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
correction, about 600 people signed it. how much can they ignore us?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'll sign it because honestly, if i had the money and the computer power, i'd certainly buy that game. WarCraft isn't that bad, i'd prolly get into WC3 if i could...