Your parents.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I was just wonderin........ what are your parents like?
are they awsome? are they lame?
do you still live with them?
do you know what they were like when they were your age?
whatever you want to add....

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
My parents are like...the best? I guess. I dunno.

1) They never cared what I did really.
2) If i was ever drunk or something, I could call my dad and he'de come pick me up (post 16)
3) They used to give me cash whenever I needed it.
4) My dad makes a tonnnnn of money, but my moms on disability so it evens out.
5) My parents are, honestly, probably better than yours.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Uh.... My dads cool.. he plays guitar and is awsome at it.. so yeah...
he'll give me money whenever i need it

my mom is uh.. i dunno.. shes cool, she'll let me do whatever i want really...

so yeah

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
My parents are weird, at times there mad strict but in the end, I have no restrictions.

You figure it out, cuz I cant.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I love my parents...probably some of the best around...I still live with them, Dad keeps me working and the job I do for him enables me to have a life way different from most college kids, for which I'm incredibly grateful. They both have done their best to make sure that I rise above my many faults to become a generally good guy, and have tried with all their hearts to give me everything they never had, both in material possessions and freedom.

My parents trust me like few parents CAN trust their kids. They know I'm not going to throw parties when they're away, or go be promiscuous and get girls knocked up, or get stoned off my ass, or land myself in jail. They give me the space I need and expect very little in return...

I really feel I have the best parents in the world. =D

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I doubt any of your dads are as badass as mine.. he smokes me out... drinks me out.. cokes me out... and he is totally fun and honest and just.. I LOVE HIM!!!!! even if we did just meet.
my mom is okay.. doesn't mind the smoking of weed.. she is nice but not very honest with me..

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My parents are like...the best? I guess. I dunno.

1) They never cared what I did really.
2) If i was ever drunk or something, I could call my dad and he'de come pick me up (post 16)
3) They used to give me cash whenever I needed it.
4) My dad makes a tonnnnn of money, but my moms on disability so it evens out.
5) My parents are, honestly, probably better than yours.(opinion)
I dont know how this was ever like a good thing for ur parents to not care when you get drunk. under the age limit. no offense i may just be to much of a mommas boy.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey, if my kid is going to drink.. I dont think telling him "DONT DRINK" is gonna stop him.. So i would pick him up if he needed a ride.

Thats just me and my logic i guess though.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Dad = dead.

Mom = I give her money whenever she needs it. I help support her (and sister) and myself. Myself isn't too hard since some of my stuff is free.
Mom used to be a hardcore liberal, not anymore. When asked about it, "I had kids and entered the real world"
She also used to be pretty confident in herself. She as gets older she's no longer as confident as she used to be. I'm seriously surprised she hasn't blown her brains out with all the troubles she's had to put up with. OR at least become alcoholic. lol She doesn't really have the money for that though.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
dont have a clue what my mom was like, since none of her family is in this state ive nevfer herad many stories...

as for my dad, as a kid he was a little hellraiser, always in fights and whatnot

as for what there like now...

well, i dont really have much to say, i never lived with my dad so im not sure, though i did spend a year at his house about 3 years ago...it was hell, he has the same temper as me, so it doesnt quite work when one of us gets mad at the other...were damn near in a fist fight [which is really bad for me since hes so ****ing huge...] every time we argued.

as for mom, shes been quite for nearly as long as i can remember. but to be fair, she lived with my ex-stepdad Rick, who was an abusive alcoholic...we were all pretty quiet while he was around. the house always had a quite void to it because all 3 of us were scared to talk to envoke rage from that drunken bastard

nowadays, now that rick is gone, weve all started to talk more, ive noticed the house is a bit clamer, and we acutally feel liek a family now... though it hink the 15+ years with rick has done something bad to mom...shes -always- nervous and scared about something or the other...shes always worries about every possible thing.

as i mentioned before our only car has broken down...moms finally calmed down about it some, but when we first got our car back from the mechanic, i thought mom was going to mentally crack and go crazy she seemed so stressed...it made me feel really bad

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
My dad is married to his work. He is rarely home and he spends most of the day hanging around old people at a private Golf and Country Club.

My mom is a R.N (Registered Nurse) at the Hospital. She works in the Childbirth department. They look after babies when they are born.

I live with them still, mostly because I feel it is stupid to spend money to live on campus.

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Well i would really like if they let me stay up for long... I went to sleep at 5 am last night, but just because it was a weekend.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
My parents are caring and they do have faith in me not to do anything bad - a faith I intend to repay. They were kind enough to sacrifice a lot to allow me to go to Imperial College - again, something I intend to repay. I think that sums it all up.*

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
My parents are pretty cool. They can be embarrassing, but I am used to it so it doesn't bother me. They aren't uptight, and they are nice. I'm glad I don't have super strict parents or anything. Phew.

Tacitblade

Forum cat dim sum
Reaction score
I'm lucky to have wonderful parents. They have always supported me in everything. Even though I moved out of my parents' house two months after I turned 18 to go to school, I try to visit home often. It's hard for them since they came from cultures where kids don't usually move out so soon. (My father immigrated to the US from Pakistan, my mother from Korea.) When they were my age, they were living with their parents, but working to support their families, my father especially. I admire my parents a lot and I'm very grateful for them.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate the parents that push their children too much to attain their parents' dreams or goals that they did not have the chance to fulfill. Those kinds of parents need to loosen up.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
My parents did a good job raising me, besides a couple things, and I'm dealing with those on my own. If you think your parents suck, you'll probably appreciate them more as you get older.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
yeah I was thinking the people who say "oh my parents suck" are teens... everyone doesn't really like their parents at that age.. they make rules and whatnot.. no teen wants rules.

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
my dad is too serious, but not an asshole he just has the same expression most of the time. When he is drunk, he buys everything on sight >_>. a good father nonetheless. I think he trusts me a little too much and I feel bad for it.

my mom and I have a friend-like relationship. she makes fun of me a lot about how I dress and about girls. she gives me tips (they're based on the 80's) on getting girls although I don't ask for it and she knows I don't want to hear it.
awesome parents, they both trust me a lot and don't fuss about grades like most asian parents. couldn't ask for better ones.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I judst had a pretty cool cnversation about my parent ss with one of my firends about how this past year it was something like my dad maybe...he basically has said MAN I don't encourage you to make the same mistakes that I did, but if you do...I understand because SHIT i have done things and I will undewertsnd if youdo too.

Basically
yeah I was thinking the people who say "oh my parents suck" are teens
I agree.

People forget when they get iolder. They forget what it st like to grow up and to be young but when someone gets older and they understand and they remember what it was like to gtrow up... that's the kind of person that makes a good parent.