Your own religion

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
[rain]Self indulgence is always a nice form of religion. :cool:[/rain]

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I myself am Catholic but i dont need to convert you guys into Catholism or try to tell you that it is good cuz you guys wont try it SO! the guy asked for ideas for his own religion. Meaning he ddint want other religions ideas. Well heres my on topic idea. Have everyone in the religion wear cloth. Have it teach manners ediquite sorry if its the same thing. Let the people be free somewhat, like amendment 1.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I believe that the Bible is one of two things:

A) A fictional piece thought up by someone waaay back when to get attention.

or more likely,

B) A historical document that truly does tell of valid happenings and situations, just not as they are interpreted by modern society. For one, Hebrew to English does not properly translate. Many of our conceptions may be inaccurate. Secondly, the wording of the Bible is influenced by the style of communication of the time. Concepts we have words for today had to be described using the ideas of the time.

For example, someone may have gained entry to a deep cavern that was perhaps 300 feet down, and found a lava bed. Perhaps there were even primitive creatures around this area that looked very scary. This could have birthed the concept of Hell. Hell is described as a "sea of fire." What else would a contemporary mind called a lava bed? 300 feet is also a long way down for someone whose only means of transportation is their feet.

This is just a thought. I believe this latter idea, that the Bible is true and accurate, but biased by primitive conceptions and superstitions.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Anatomy Of Vice said:
No religion is definate. Your precious bible for example, has thousands of different versions, and scriptures.

I was produced by man, not god. There is no "Definate Version" of the bible, so why would you believe one version over another? Oh wait, because it's what you want to believe. Having a belief in something so...inferior...as a book thats been changed throughout history to better the time and place, is the worst idea, ever.
No religion is definite is completely different from every religion being flawed. I'll be the first one here to admit that I can't prove God, or my religion for that matter is correct, however I will tell how it works.

So onto the Bible, the 'inferior' word of God. To make it easier on everyone I'll play the God card here. The interpretation of the bible which comes from the Roman Catholic Church according to the catechism the only correct one because "The Church is apostolic. She is built on a lasting foundation: "the twelve apostles of the Lamb" (Rev 21:14). She is indestructible (cf. Mt 16:18). She is upheld infallibly in the truth: Christ governs her through Peter and the other apostles, who are present in their successors, the Pope and the college of bishops."

It doesn't matter how flawed the bible is because the one who is telling us what it says is God himself.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Actually, the on telling you what it says is a priest. Man made it, and you know what they say, the winners right the history books, so i twas written as to whoever was in charge what they wanted it to say. It's not like this book magically dropped down out of the sky one day.

-Frank :cool:

mefisto_monster

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think I'll have to add my nonsense. Others already did. But shouldn't this be in the AS?

reor

Reaction score
Website
reor.de.vu
You couldn't resist, could you ? :rolleyes ( To 'MM' and the like )

Scientology :
Scientology is a profit-oriented pyramid scheme, a sect .
It has some good programmes and it does help people to get a good career, but it ( the fans ) is dangerous for mental and physical health .
I noticed just in time .

Religion :
Most religions were made by man ( all were made by men, but ) for to keep up some rules and guidelines .
In most southern ( hot ) regions people used to cremate corpses, because risk of plagues .

The sad thing is that "religion" became something sovereign, something intangible .
It should help us, but it triggered and fueled wars .

I don't want to exclude belief .
Belief is good, as long as it is directed into the right concepts .

I want You to list some things about how You would like the world and the people to be and to behave .

This shall be not a "religion", but a concept of social interaction .

Like this :
People should not put profit above peoples health and wellbeing .

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Tipsy said:
I'll be the first one here to admit that I can't prove God, or my religion for that matter is correct, however I will tell how it works.
It doesn't matter how flawed the bible is because the one who is telling us what it says is God himself.

Nice .

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I love how it's called "metaphysics" to make it sound like it's actually science.

reor

Reaction score
Website
reor.de.vu
That's why i prefer to stick to "true" physics .