Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Never been there (tee hee)

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by guitarmonky55
heres where alot of ppl dont understand me. i dont listen to music because its popular or reasons like that. i listen to music that 1) sounds good to me and 2) is made by someone whom i respect as a person/group who is good at their art(music). music is not about selling albums, its about making music that appeals to the person who makes the music and makes them happy. i honestly dont care if i ever sell an album, i am happy with my music and i dont like linkin park. britney spears has sold millions of albums and she wins grammys, and i am willing to bet that few would argue in favor of her talent. record sales are NOT a measure of talent. and when it comes to talent, ask any person who has played guitar for more than, oh, say, a week? and they will agree that linkin park is garbage. its more hype than it is talented musicians. so i dont respect them for it. and about them supposedly being better than me, well my band already has some songs that are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than LP, but the thing is, im only 16 and weve only been together for a short amout of time, so i have plenty of time to get famous too. whatever, i still dont like linkin park.
lol. didn't see this post, too budy typing the other one. Well you still have no right to insult linkin park UNTIL you are officially as good as them or better

And nobody likes britney spears for two major reasons:

1. they are a female and they are obviously jealous of her.

2. listening to her music makes you look gay.

Yes britney spears is somewhat talented. A recording company would not have signed her up if she is not. But her looks did help A LOT.

And if your band does have songs that sound A LOT better than linkin park, tell us your band name so that when you are sucessul. we all may be proven wrong.

guitarmonky55

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haha that made me laugh.

ok since there seem to be skeptics...i AM a musician i play guitar. i play lead in a band called existence. we are just starting out, we are young, we have no signed label yet. that has nothing to do with talent level. like i said, record sales mean nothing. i listen to very few bands that sell millions of records, because they are usually just hype garbage like LP or blink or britney spears etc...

the reason i say linkin park sucks are the following;
1)they have a rapper(i hate rap)
2)they have a dj(i hate djs, it takes no talent its just scratching a turntable)
3)the guitarist only plays simple powerchord riffs. for those who dont know what power chords are, its basically you stick one finger across the low strings and strum. now if you listen to the guitar work on a linkin park song and then listen to, say, a metallica song, or something with a good guitar part/solo in it, you cant even compare. linkin park IS pop music, which is poorly packaged to be marketed to poor souls who seem to think that its headbanger music or metal or something. the skill level of their songs is comparable to a kid whos been playing guitar for about 4-5 months. and that may be a little bit much.
4)they use too much sampling in their music, its all worked up by synths/studio work etc, which is cheating.

there are bands out there who actually put forth effort and use talents to make their music, linkin park is just not one of them.
so for those who want to say that im bitter or whatever because they sell millions of records and i dont, lets ignore the fact that im a musician. lets compare, oh....12 stones and linkin park. in the subject of musical talent, 12 stones can eat linkin park alive. their guitar parts are great, catchy, they arent just pre packaged power chord riffs for retards in backwards baseball caps(tom delonge), the guitarist can actually play a solo, the singer can actually sing, the bassist does mroe than just follow the root note of the chord with his bass, and the drummer*gasp* records his own drum parts LIVE WITH THE BAND as opposed to playing a 5 second sample and looping it. WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haha that made me laugh.

ok since there seem to be skeptics...i AM a musician i play guitar. i play lead in a band called existence. we are just starting out, we are young, we have no signed label yet. that has nothing to do with talent level. like i said, record sales mean nothing. i listen to very few bands that sell millions of records, because they are usually just hype garbage like LP or blink or britney spears etc...

the reason i say linkin park sucks are the following;
1)they have a rapper(i hate rap)
2)they have a dj(i hate djs, it takes no talent its just scratching a turntable)
3)the guitarist only plays simple powerchord riffs. for those who dont know what power chords are, its basically you stick one finger across the low strings and strum. now if you listen to the guitar work on a linkin park song and then listen to, say, a metallica song, or something with a good guitar part/solo in it, you cant even compare. linkin park IS pop music, which is poorly packaged to be marketed to poor souls who seem to think that its headbanger music or metal or something. the skill level of their songs is comparable to a kid whos been playing guitar for about 4-5 months. and that may be a little bit much.
4)they use too much sampling in their music, its all worked up by synths/studio work etc, which is cheating.

there are bands out there who actually put forth effort and use talents to make their music, linkin park is just not one of them.
so for those who want to say that im bitter or whatever because they sell millions of records and i dont, lets ignore the fact that im a musician. lets compare, oh....12 stones and linkin park. in the subject of musical talent, 12 stones can eat linkin park alive. their guitar parts are great, catchy, they arent just pre packaged power chord riffs for retards in backwards baseball caps(tom delonge), the guitarist can actually play a solo, the singer can actually sing, the bassist does mroe than just follow the root note of the chord with his bass, and the drummer*gasp* records his own drum parts LIVE WITH THE BAND as opposed to playing a 5 second sample and looping it. WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

1. Your hate of the genre "rap" has influenced our opinion on LP

2. the turntablist is prety good, heard of the song "session". He pretty much solos the last part of the song. If you think that guy can't turntable after hearing the song, you must know someone else with good reflexes :).

3. What's wrong with pop music??? I like all genres of music except like western country.

4. IMO, Chester is a pretty good singer.
Yes there songs are produced, and so is everyone else's. And I heard that they weren;t bad when they are live. So if there songs are nothing but studio work, why would they bother putting up live performances?????

P.S. guitar is not one of the instruments that i play so i cannot say anything about the guitar comments that you just made :).

guitarmonky55

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2. the turntablist is prety good, heard of the song "session". He pretty much solos the last part of the song. If you think that guy can't turntable after hearing the song, you must know someone else with good reflexes .
what i was saying is that turntabling isnt a very respectable musical genre to begin with. i find it insulting to refer to them as musicians.

IMO, Chester is a pretty good singer.
listen to some bands with singers that actually sing, i mean sure the guy can do whatever it is he does(screaming i guess???) but thats not really singing..its just screaming...

Yes there songs are produced, and so is everyone else's
yes, all songs are produced. but their songs are produced in a sense that they take bits of what the musicians play and doctor them up to make the songs. your best bands can do a song in one studio take and then go back and EQ the levels and run a few more tracks of guitar and bass over top to thicken up the sound, but thats about all they need. there is no looping, pitch correction for the sings etc

and to sum up my guitar comments, i basically said that he plays at the skill level of a 10 year old who has played for about 4 months

Minnesota

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
SWEET, OTHER WHITE KIDS LIKE ME, THAT HATE RAP!!! I THINK I FOUND MY PLACE ON EARTH!

Yay! :)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what i was saying is that turntabling isnt a very respectable musical genre to begin with. i find it insulting to refer to them as musicians.

listen to some bands with singers that actually sing, i mean sure the guy can do whatever it is he does(screaming i guess???) but thats not really singing..its just screaming...

yes, all songs are produced. but their songs are produced in a sense that they take bits of what the musicians play and doctor them up to make the songs. your best bands can do a song in one studio take and then go back and EQ the levels and run a few more tracks of guitar and bass over top to thicken up the sound, but thats about all they need. there is no looping, pitch correction for the sings etc

and to sum up my guitar comments, i basically said that he plays at the skill level of a 10 year old who has played for about 4 months
Yes chester does scream a lot, but have you heard him in songs where he doesn't scream??? When i see people play turntables, it looks hard. I haven't actually done it before so don't take my word for it. And like i said before, if linkin park is nothing but producing, then why do they give live performances? If they sucked a lot live, than nobody would like them.

and a note to the previous guy i was having a discussion with: You compare ozzy osbourne with linkin park, because ozzy sold more albums than linkin park, but you did forget to include other factors such as this was BEFORE music downloading, and this was also in 1980, which was 23 years ago, he could talk back then.

I'am not saying that linkin park is the best band or that they "own" all. some people in these forums do think that, but IMO(key words) they produce good music. And the orchestra in faint was amazing. And i play a stringed instrument(not the guitar) so i know how difficult it is to play up that high.

IDefy

Reaction score
Axl...

I dont think you could have named 1 better banned Pantera owns, did you know they play the original doom gameplay theme?

LP is ok if Mike Shinoda or w/e doesn't sing and use his horrible rhymes.

guitarmonky55

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
And the orchestra in faint was amazing.
thats not an orchestra its a man called joseph hahn sitting behind a computer pushing buttons on a synth to emulate an orchestra. gigantic difference.

johnnq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.burke-books.com
LINKIN PARK= NSYNC OF METAL they have like 7 ppl in the ****ing group

yes they're successful but its cuz little boys, and girls, older girls, 30 year olds and nerds listen to it. thats a lot. when u look @ ozzy, only ppl who liked metal would like ozzy. he was soooooooooooooo good that the metal fans made him huge. linkin park can never do that.

and minnesota, ur probably an 11 year old who just started to listen to music. if u think ozzy has a scratcy voice?!?!?!!?, u asked for other good bands when u cant make the decision urself, and u listen to a band that was successful 10 years ago and nothing more... ur big brother probably likes them and u just follow his footsteps.

and ne godsmack fans who drum??? i gotta question

Minnesota

Reaction score
An 11 year old... right, practice what you preach, your only 14 and all you ever do is brag about how rich and stuff you are.

.|.. o_O ..|.

And Vanilla Ice... Britany Spears music does suck, but she is HOT.

johnnq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.burke-books.com
ur a ****in dubmass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg the entire time ive been saying that i dont have a lot of money and ive been asking wuts a good CHEAP car. i already said this to u 2 times!!!! how dense r u? ive never bragged either. so shut it bitch

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Minnesota
An 11 year old... right, practice what you preach, your only 14 and all you ever do is brag about how rich and stuff you are.

.|.. o_O ..|.

And Vanilla Ice... Britany Spears music does suck, but she is HOT.
lol, i'm glad someone else thinks she's hot too :). Like i said before, her sucess is mostly due to her looks.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Lucky her, if being stupid could get you popular, I would be more famous than her

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by johnnq
LINKIN PARK= NSYNC OF METAL they have like 7 ppl in the ****ing group

yes they're successful but its cuz little boys, and girls, older girls, 30 year olds and nerds listen to it. thats a lot. when u look @ ozzy, only ppl who liked metal would like ozzy. he was soooooooooooooo good that the metal fans made him huge. linkin park can never do that.

and minnesota, ur probably an 11 year old who just started to listen to music. if u think ozzy has a scratcy voice?!?!?!!?, u asked for other good bands when u cant make the decision urself, and u listen to a band that was successful 10 years ago and nothing more... ur big brother probably likes them and u just follow his footsteps.

and ne godsmack fans who drum??? i gotta question

i don't ever recall N'sync rapping, do you? They have 6 members not 7, didn't you learn how to count in the first grade???

Some of the articles i have read have stated that Linkin Park did use an Orchestra.

Minnesota

Reaction score
They did? Intresting

Oh yeah and johnnq is a tard

zergs_hellfire

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clubae86.tk
If you want good music dl either: **************************************

actually dont...there will be too many posers

i will not tell the names of the bands:p

Minnesota

Reaction score
Awwww!!! Please tell!
I need more CD's to get I only have like 1/4 of a 208 CD wallet filled

johnnq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.burke-books.com
ok want some good music sites? not the best quality.and these arent trojans if u paranoid ppl who know nothing about computers think so

launch.yahoo.com

www.singingfish.com

and i would flame u minnesota but i was told not to now.