Your IP.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Megendo said:
#1 How could he know that if exactly what he said contradicts that? dumbass

#2 You think that is a flame? pathetic

lol, yeah, what ever you think, like i said, get to know a person before you try to flame them. If i wanted to flame you, i would have 2 more warning points under my name.

kairama15 said:
I think that you shouldn't be alarmed because only cops can find where you are at if they get a hold of you IP. I'm not exactly sure, but Im like 90 %.

Im sure if you say your the owner of a website, and call the ISP and say the person from ip 46.213.45.19 keeps on spamming your boards, and you would like some information, you could get it ;) Lots of people will say "OMG TRACEROUTE!", that doesnt quite work,lol...

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
kairama15 said:
I think that you shouldn't be alarmed because only cops can find where you are at if they get a hold of you IP. I'm not exactly sure, but Im like 90 %.
I dont think that is true

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
You can find out an exact location, if you want to spend about 3 years browsing through routing codes. Pretty much, your IP can translate into a country hub, then you take that route and you can find your state code, and so on and so forth. You wouldn't be able to find an exact location, but you can come pretty close, as in the nearest major city.

The_Raven7

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.ytmnd.com
There are 900 IP combinations (and less that are actually used or valid, such as 127.0.0.1) and billions of people on the internet. Chances are you're fine.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow, that just made my day.
And by the IP address you can in some but not all cases find out the city one lives in. You can not get any personal information or addresses from the ISP. Only the cops and the CIA can do that.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Korittke said:
Wow, that just made my day.
And by the IP address you can in some but not all cases find out the city one lives in. You can not get any personal information or addresses from the ISP. Only the cops and the CIA can do that.

Wouldnt the CIA be the cops? :rolleyes

The only time you can get the city is if you live in a major city basicly. Most smaller city isp's relay from larger city isp's, then out to the world. If you traceroute my ip, it will say i live in toronto, in which i live 5 hours away from that.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Is that not what I said?

And CIA are far from being the cops...

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Haha, they take care of what the cops can't, kind of like the FBI. They don't arrest people or take care of that stuff, they got bigger fish to fry.