Your future job

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What job do you think you will have 6 years from now?

I considered this and i think i am gonna go to university and study to be an engineer. The demand right now is great, we live in a technocratic world, and where must be someone to fix the stuff then it breaks. Where is a lo of money in this and i know my father started out as an nuclear reactor engineer on a submarine, and look at him now, he is a succesful businessman.

I think if i'll be an engineer it will be either in combat aviation field, or a combat transporatation unit field (tank), since i already know some basic stuff in those two fields.

My basic plan is to graduate highschool in may of 2005, then spend a year preparing for university (getting all the paperwork done and actual applying) then after finishing four years ofuniversity go into the army as a technishian, there are two good things about that. I will be farther away (but yet still close) from the actual battles where i will be dodging bullets and dying, second good thing is that i will be paid more ("theoretically", in reality basically that means that gov't gonna own more money to me then other soldiers) , and have better quarters (atleast thats what i heard).

So what do you think you will be in 6 years?

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lol @ the engineer part. Engineers are not soldiers with land mines & dynamite (contrary to what Battlefield 1942 has lead you to believe).

6 years from now I'll (hopefully) be defending my dissertation, and I'll be looking at jobs in process chemistry (hopefully in petroleum refinement).

Kitty

Reaction score
Honestly, I had no idea where I'll be. I'm not so sure about yet...

However, I know that I want something that has to do with art. I wouldn't mind being an art teacher, maybe I could do some freelance work on the side, publish an illustrated fairytale...something creative. My mom rolled her eyes when I told her about the teacher part, but that doesn't mean I'd have to be stuck in high-school classes or something...I could always teach at some art college/university. I'd do all freelance if I could, but unfortunately, the job is competitive, you have to be quick and precise to satisfy your client, and well - I just want to have a steady paycheck so that I'm sure I have somewhere to live and something to eat.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my plans:

Get A+ cert
Cisco
networking security

ne/all of those (im at A+ right now, Cisco is next)

but if i go through everything i want, i will become a Server Tech...*nodz*

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
KittieKitty said:
Honestly, I had no idea where I'll be. I'm not so sure about yet...

However, I know that I want something that has to do with art. I wouldn't mind being an art teacher, maybe I could do some freelance work on the side, publish an illustrated fairytale...something creative. My mom rolled her eyes when I told her about the teacher part, but that doesn't mean I'd have to be stuck in high-school classes or something...I could always teach at some art college/university. I'd do all freelance if I could, but unfortunately, the job is competitive, you have to be quick and precise to satisfy your client, and well - I just want to have a steady paycheck so that I'm sure I have somewhere to live and something to eat.
Last year you said you wanted to be a psychologist :p

A good friend of mine couldn't keep up as being an artist. She said that it is more of a "hobby that brings income" but it should not really be your main field. This is just her situation, i don't want to give up on your dreams and such so keep drawing and have fun :)

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
c9h13no3 said:
Lol @ the engineer part. Engineers are not soldiers, but with land mines & dynamite (contrary to what Battlefield 1942 has lead you to believe).
I never played battle field 1942 and yes i know what an engineer in a Russian army is. We get the basic training they just don't give us a gun and send us to fight. We have to fix things, for example a tank got hit by artillery, and it is needed to launch a counter attack, thats where engineers come in. Besides even after the army engineer is a very demanded profession over here in Russia.

Don't speak of what you don't know, makes you look like an idiot.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kuzmich said:
Don't speak of you don't know, makes you look like an idiot.
Currently I'm majoring in Chemical Engineering. I have a little bit on an idea of what a Chemical Engineer does. Just maybe?

You are talking about a mechanic///technician///repair bitch.

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
I have no idea what I want to be yet. Hopefully I can get my grades up to actually do something because I dont think I can join the Army because I have flat feet (how gay is that) and I have really bad vision (REALLY BAD). So hopefully Ill figure something out soon.

Kitty

Reaction score
Samsara said:
Last year you said you wanted to be a psychologist :p

A good friend of mine couldn't keep up as being an artist. She said that it is more of a "hobby that brings income" but it should not really be your main field. This is just her situation, i don't want to give up on your dreams and such so keep drawing and have fun :)
Nah, I gave up on that...turns out I wouldn't understand people that well at all...

I know being an artist is tough, that's exactly why I don't want to do it full time. I'd sell for being a teacher, and if not art, then a literature prof. or something. However, if you take paid comissions for artwork, the little money on the side does help, and it's not as if you'd starve is you didn't do it.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
c9h13no3 said:
Currently I'm majoring in Chemical Engineering. I have a little bit on an idea of what a Chemical Engineer does. Just maybe?

You are talking about a mechanic///technician///repair bitch.

Yes i was talking about technical stuff, i don't wanna end up a looser at life, going into theory, heh, you gonna die a very nice lab rat, being bullied at the age of 25. Sucks for you.

Do you like to be retarded?

Also nice job pulling me out on aim with a pointless argument not backed up by anything but an opinion of a complete moron (thats you)

Yes if you don't want to be a retarded bitch, you already are, just shut the **** up cause you don't know shit.'

Anyways to stay on topic. Engineering as i said is needed every where in my country, a lot of people are getting into the field right now. The last generation was a generation of accountants and urists, mine is different.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i dunno how it works in russia but i hear that getting to be anything in the army *ie go to the army, get a doctors degree in there, and leave the army* when you try to get a job saying your a doctor, theyll laugh at you cause its worthless on the outside world

maybe it doesnt work that way in russia but i have a friend that got this treatment in the good ol US of A

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You probably looking for ignore list. Yes please do, i would love not to have to deal with the comments of a moron.

DragnSkull said:
i dunno how it works in russia but i hear that getting to be anything in the army *ie go to the army, get a doctors degree in there, and leave the army* when you try to get a job saying your a doctor, theyll laugh at you cause its worthless on the outside world
Oh i am not getting my diploma in the army, i am gonna get it in a University, they let you escape that draft for 4 years that way. Then after the University i will get drafted, its not a choice and it will happen, but once they see that i have a degree in mechanical engineering they hopefully won't send me into direct combat.

After army is over in a year, i will get a job some where because as i said engineers are becoming quite demnded this days.

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
well, I think that 6 years from now (I'll be 20), I'll probably have a nerd job...like working at a computer store.... mostly for cheap PC stuff!

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You're 14? You don't look 14. Atleast you gonna have a high paying nerd job.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
KittieKitty said:
Nah, I gave up on that...turns out I wouldn't understand people that well at all...

I know being an artist is tough, that's exactly why I don't want to do it full time. I'd sell for being a teacher, and if not art, then a literature prof. or something. However, if you take paid comissions for artwork, the little money on the side does help, and it's not as if you'd starve is you didn't do it.
Or you can try to do what another close friend of mine wants to do: Seduce Grunt (AKA, money getter), Get kids (turn them into evil clones of yourself), Do art when you have time at home (sell it for "LYKE OMG SHOE SHOPPING SPREEEEE").

:p

I think it's people like me that make Kittie not go on AIM :) :) :)

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
when you try to get a job saying your a doctor, theyll laugh at you cause its worthless on the outside world
My stepdad was trained in the military, and he was offered starting jobs at over 300k a year, so it can't be all that useless...

Anyways I want to be a history teacher, but if that doesn't work out I have no idea. I know I want to be a teacher though.