Your Favourite Class & Why

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Enh shaman with dual wield and the right gear is cool too. I've played all 3 specs of shaman and liked them all for different reasons. As a note, as ele/resto with the +dmg/heal gear I was pulling off like 2k LHW crits very often..almost 4k HW crits as well. And this is with not that great of gear. The only thing about shaman that I've grown to hate is our lack of CC/Anti-CC. =\

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
1. What Class, Warrior
2. What you like about them, You can kill anyone if you want
3. Why, for when you get pissed when you die the 1st time
4. If you made one, what spec will you go, i have one and its fury
5. If you made one, would it be for PvP or PvE, perhaps both, hes already a beast at both.

Enh shaman with dual wield and the right gear is cool too. I've played all 3 specs of shaman and liked them all for different reasons. As a note, as ele/resto with the +dmg/heal gear I was pulling off like 2k LHW crits very often..almost 4k HW crits as well. And this is with not that great of gear. The only thing about shaman that I've grown to hate is our lack of CC/Anti-CC. =\

how much mana is the top LHW and GHW

& how mush +healing do you have?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
how much mana is the top LHW and GHW

& how mush +healing do you have?
@ 63:

Lesser Healing Wave Rank 6: 380 Mana
Healing Wave Rank 11: 655 Mana

(probably less with talents)

I had like 240ish +dmg/heal

I think LHW critted for 1800's and HW critted for 3800's

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Shamans have the best sustained DPS in the game, too bad no one really knows how to use them.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That's because you play alliance. There's enough on horde side who know what they're doing.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
@ 63:

Lesser Healing Wave Rank 6: 380 Mana
Healing Wave Rank 11: 655 Mana

(probably less with talents)

I had like 240ish +dmg/heal

I think LHW critted for 1800's and HW critted for 3800's
Okay thats way diff then FOL and HL, im like thats huge crits but my FOL crits for 1.8k @ 70 with 1000+healing, but mines 1.5 sec cast and 180 mana <3

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I think Shamans are great burst healers, Paladins on the other hand are good at maintaining their mana during boss fights (<3 Illumination).

As for 1,000 Healing; anyone can reach that point as of now with the gear itemization at level 70. I think every healers should have a bit more then 1,000 now.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Resto shamans are honestly only good for clutch heals and totems nowadays. Now that's not to say they aren't great healers, but priests & pallies are better. In my current guild, we don't even have a resto shaman. All 3 (Maybe four) are enhancement.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Druid.
I am a ****ing masochist and way too stubborn to get another character to 70.

Why do Tauren Druids have fur? To hide the bruises.
Why are Night Elf Druids purple? They don't have fur.

Our Shamans have been godsends (One Enhancement, One Resto). Grace of Air and Strength of Earth are like candy for melee dps (and give me roughly 6 dodge) and Heroism is amazing for burst dps situations like the Curator Evocation or a clutch shackle break against Illhoof. With the lack of rogues/warriors in my guild, having that extra character class that can interrupt is amazing. Mana spring used in conjunction with BoW and Vampiric Touch means that the ranged dps group will never run out of mana and in big mana dump situations where you need to use brute healing power (Romulo gains Daring! Gruul crushing twice in a row!) a mana tide will turn the fight to your favor.

You can't be one sided about the shaman class. Sure a priest or druid or paladin may heal better but neither of the three provide enough utility as the shaman.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I don't know...Paladins with their Blessings are pretty awesome when it boils down to it. Shamans have things like it, but given the chance I'd rather take an increase of 50 to my int//stam, or another 30/5 for 15, 30% aggro reduction (lol on mages)or 255ap. But that's just me.

Now, Shamans do have that killer enhance talent that boosts the shit out of the groups AP when they crit, which is better than almost any support (non-heal) ability in the game.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It'll be a LONG time before i run a heroic with a resto shaman healing.

And lol @ heroism. Sounds so ****ing gay compared to BLOODLUST.

Bloodlust > Heroism.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
If I didn't have a lot of friends in this server, you can be sure I'd already have rolled again.

Undead Mage (yes, original, but I just love mages) or Orc Shaman.

I've spent many a gold in Noggenfogger Elixir because I just freaking love undead's casting animation. It's awesome :(

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I don't know...Paladins with their Blessings are pretty awesome when it boils down to it. Shamans have things like it, but given the chance I'd rather take an increase of 50 to my int//stam, or another 30/5 for 15, 30% aggro reduction (lol on mages)or 255ap. But that's just me.

Now, Shamans do have that killer enhance talent that boosts the shit out of the groups AP when they crit, which is better than almost any support (non-heal) ability in the game.
I won't argue that blessings are superior to totems in a raid setting but with the advent of smaller raid sizes (most notably Karazhan) you should bring about 1 or 2 paladins and about 1 shaman. Paladins shine stronger in a huge raid setting where you can continuously spam flash of light til the cows come home but in karazhan and on, our paladins have begun to swear by Light's Grace (.5 seconds off Holy Light) due to the amount of spike damage that tanks get as well as AOE. What this also means is that because you have one Paladin, the entire raid is either getting salvation or blessing of kings. When you weigh that compared to a group of 5 players getting mana spring, strength of earth, flametongue or spell power, and grace of air, Blessings begin to pale in comparison.

And yeah, Unleashed Rage is like a hit of crack to my crotch in terms of awesome.

A

Alavian

For me it's warlocks, why you ask? Because i like being able to chain fear and have pets.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
You can't be one sided about the shaman class. Sure a priest or druid or paladin may heal better but neither of the three provide enough utility as the shaman.
Pretty much what you just said can be summed up much much shorter. Something Horde has said for ages...

Shamans are like Swiss Army Knives. ;)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You mean they're totally useless unless you're camping?

Heh

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I use my swiss army knife all the time.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Hunters, because I completly ****ing dominate a pack of level 65's in terokkar forest with 2 multishots (zg trinket).

And the fact that our t4 looks badass. And our T5 shoulders are badass, too.