Your favorite race/class and why

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
From what you have played so far what is your favorite character?

Mine would have to be my NE druid for a couple of reasons. First off, in my opinion, Night Elves have the easiest quests til level ten because everything goes smoothly. I love Druids because they can use leather armor so they have higher armor than normal mages and with claws or halberds you do just as much damage as a fighter. The moment you turn into a bear, your whole life changes. With moonfire and thorns, your enemy's life is constantly draining and with regeneration on with bear form, you will outlast ANYONE. :grunt

scouchpaper

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good point,you deffinatly changed my idea's on what character I might make first.Thanks for the info. man,keep it coming.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say Human is my favorite race and either a mage or warrior as my class. Human quests don't start out terribly easy, which is nice, and from what I've played on every race humans seem to have more "errend" quests, which are useful in the beginning. I've also naturally preferred humans over the other races.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
ne/rogue

i like NE because of the their racial traits and rogues are even better.

samsara, whent he game comes out we will meet on the same server as NE and i could lead us to the human lands if you want to. my other friend is playing NE as well and he is comming along with us.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You should level up at least lvl 10 before leaving, and going though Arathi Highlands is probably the most dangerous place to pass. That or wish a mage could portal ya =p, but I doubt a mage will reach lvl 40 at release that fast.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
it isnt that hard. i made it from lvl 4. you just need to die a few times and then res at the spirit healer. If you die, it brings you to a graveyard that is even closer to Iron Forge, once you get to Iron Forge you can take the tram and it isnt even that hard.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
warrior still seems to give me better results in damage and defense. also, there are druids crawling around EVERYWHERE, just ask them to cast their spells on you.

Stryder

Reaction score
Andrew said:
it isnt that hard. i made it from lvl 4. you just need to die a few times and then res at the spirit healer. If you die, it brings you to a graveyard that is even closer to Iron Forge, once you get to Iron Forge you can take the tram and it isnt even that hard.
Oh ya, forgot about that trick, never did it since I was lvl 15 and didnt want to lose that much EXP.

moneylee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
VICTORY TO THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Troll Warrior.... they do not depend on their mana.... they can solo better, high def, high HP, can use any weapon, alos dual weapons!! love to see them beat the crap out of magic users...

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
xxlStryderlxx said:
Oh ya, forgot about that trick, never did it since I was lvl 15 and didnt want to lose that much EXP.
you got nothing to lose at lvl 4, the durability loss doesnt really do much to you and res sickness doesnt do anything anyways because you are already too low to attack anyways!

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I didn't get to see the new traits they gave to each race, but I always had these general impressions.

Mage Human or Elf female, unless your going warlock, then a Human male seems right.
Warrior class anything, accept Gnome.. what was blizzard thinking making a two foot tall warrior against beasts larger than dump trucks?
Paledon I liked the looks of Human male.
Druid Elf male.
Priest Human male.
The horde I really didn't get into, and the rest I didn't take notes on.
Yes I sound racist and sexist, I was just stateing what seems right to me.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
your spelling is terrible, CF. :p you dont sound racist nor sexist. playing a female character makes me feel warm inside. sounds wrong..... no more.

Jonro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
moneylee said:

I like Troll Warrior.... they do not depend on their mana.... they can solo better, high def, high HP, can use any weapon, alos dual weapons!! love to see them beat the crap out of magic users...
Pallys own worriors

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sorry for the spelling errors, I've been away from keyboard and my brain is still a bit fuzzy, that and it's been about 24 years since my last spelling test.

Jonro said:
Pallys own worriors
There could be some debate there, but I'm not sure how to approach it, but this is a few things I saw.

The palledon has some neat tricks with healing and rezzing, they get plate mail, but so does a warrior at lvl 40, but I think they were limited to maces weren't they, and no projectiles?
They also get a free horse.. which sux in my opinion to those that would have to pay the 100 g to get it.

I had my warrior trained in all weapons sward 1 h and 2 h, axe 1 h and 2 h, mace 1 h and 2 h, daggers, throwing weapons, bow, cross bow, guns, and unarmed.... he could punch out beasts 2 lvls above him, which was so much fun to do when showing off to people in the party.
Somehow I got him so he was able to equip a wand, but since he had no mana rating he could not use it... which was a shame because I got a fast powerful wand off a quest that beat any gun or bow in ratings that I ever had.
He was trained to duel wield, but rouge has the edge on that ability.
The duel wield looked great as far as peformance, and it did add about 20% faster killing speed, but I went with a shield to stay alive longer since I kept attracting multiple attackers... I was like a magnet in that respect, even in comparison to higher level players.
The overall opinion of many was to go 2 hand sword or axe, that way you would have higher striking numbers.
I personally was missing more with 2 h, than 1 h, and with a fast high rated 1 h sward, I was doing better than most 2 handers IMO.

Let me get back on track.
The paledon in my guild that I played with, we started same level and teamed up on quite a bit.
Even with his healing powers he died more than me, and in situations where we got mass attacked, I usually killed 3 to his 2 and assisted on his 3rd.
We parted in Duskwood, he went North into the Alteric mountains and Southshore, and I went South into Stranglethornvale.
When I last checked stats he was lvl 32 to my 38, and I know he was on way more than I was.

Deep down I always felt like he was struggling, like he hadn't hot keyed his abilities, or he hadn't spent his talent points and was still at zero on everything.
I think a well versed player could learn to use any class to it's potential and use it to royally kick arse.

All in all I think Blizzard did a very good job balancing the classes, the only imbalance I could see was from watching duels between players lvl 50+.
One had a lvl 52 mage I believe, and he was nuking melee class players well above him.
He'd throw a chunk of ice around the others feet, then step just outside melee distance, but to where the other could not use projectiles, then he nuked them or healed himself, with enough time to get a charge of mana juice when needed.

Stryder

Reaction score
At high levels(50+) a Warrior could beat a Paladin in 1v1, since now paladin dont have a main attack (no holy strike) we don't do as much damage to a Warrior, but at low levels we probably can beat them, I seen lots of 1v1 and pvp, Warriors has tons of life to get rid of, only nukers can possibly beat a warrior (Mage/Rogue) and maybe a Druid if he keeps him rooted.

As a paladin, I can barely beat a rogue, but can kill a mage easily. Warriors though is hard to kill for me, only got them close to 1/2 his life before I ran out of tricks.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
moneylee said:

I prefer Troll Hunters so you can abuse the hell out of the thrown weapon bonus.

@CF
Wow, you write as if you just came out of elementary school :loopy

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tell me more about these "palledon", crookedfoot.