Your Favorite Console?

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
1. Wii (Because I don't own one yet, and Nintendo has never ****ed me)
2. XBox 360 (Because Microsoft has only ****ed me a little)

And as for the PS3, it's alright now that the price has dropped. Though I'm not going to buy one, there is no need with the XBox 360 already sitting in my living room.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Wii because of the constant free features, internet channel, virtual console + beastly good games like Galaxy and Brawl

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wii because it's made by Nintendo:

As such, it has excellent customer service, great looks, reliability, portability, light electronic use, an innovative control scheme and good price.

But I picked up a 360 if only for a better online structure and more games I wanted.

aang8405

Reaction score
I got a wii at the start of the year and it's been awesome so far. I'm sure the ps3 and x360 are both really cool but i'm more into consoles which support games that are quirky and fun, rather than the most visually impressive. And nintendo has always provided such products by continually developing innovative ideas, resulting in games with great replay value.

Sony was enjoyable for a while but i've reached a stage whereby i just simply can't be bothered dedicating weeks toward finishing adventure games that appear to be growing longer and longer in duration as the consoles grow more and more graphically/technically sophisticated, to the point where it feels like i'm just trying to complete a really slick looking assignment.

So yeah, that's why i chose the wii. And b/w X360 and PS3 id choose the X360. I found the PS3 graphics and available games to be really disappointing given the ridiculous price charged. And the way Sony has been constantly seeking opportunities to cash in further by selling accessories (ranging from highly necessary to vital) separately as peripheral products has always pissed me off, especially given that in some cases it comes across as rather suspicious that many PS peripherals have been apparently (as well as conveniently) too difficult to be made backwards/forwards compatible. Considering the initial price already charged for the console itself, employing such tactics IMO is a bit of a joke.

Sorry i answered more than the thread required. I have a habit of getting carried away :eek:hwell:

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I haven't played the PS3, but I love both the Wii and the 360, both amzing systems, with awesome games.

Although, I mostly stick to my computer, nothing beats computer, ever.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I'm more of a PSP person. More because I don't have time to sit in front of the TV for long periods, and prefer to have shots of gaming when waiting for the bus to pass the time. Besides, I like the portability factor. :)

- Amantis

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The Nintendo DS is amazing or at least everyone keeps buying them.

Z

Zalbag

Xbox 360 since i own one and im loving how the xbox live interface with the gaming is so simple with a click of a middle controler button u can check ur msgs connect to privet chat msgs its fun and i realy recommend everyone to own one i love online gaming even though theres a problem with my countrys internet apart from the prices are high for monthly internet subscribtions for example i pay 120$ for 512kbps/month :) funny eh?
and i got 2 connections as well a HSDPA one for my laptop since i go around alot sorry i went off the subject The online gaming on Xbox 360 is perfect and higly recommended by me

PS3 = no major games that encourge buying :S

Wii = burnable games LOOL :p who wouldnt want to have free games?

Xbox 360 wins :) but :( buying parts sepratly sucks

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SNES

There is a lot more fun to me to play old platform games.

N64 would be next because I loved Banjo, SM 64, Starfox, and the Pokemon Stadiums.

Then Xbox because every game i played that was on both PS2 and Xbox, Xbox always loaded faster in loading screens and the ghraphics were better and I never had a portion of my battleground just dissappear, such as when ur playing SW:BF2 in Mos Eisly and you use someone with a jetpack on the PS2- go high up and look towards the horizon- it simply doesnt exists. Completely opposite on the xBox version.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I pick Ps3. the console has had a slow start but it is slowly becoming better because of games coming out in 1080p. Blu-ray is beautiful as well. Sorry HD-dvd is not the next gen for dvd's -- Blu-ray is the way to go.

So yeah, that's why i chose the wii. And b/w X360 and PS3 id choose the X360. I found the PS3 graphics and available games to be really disappointing given the ridiculous price charged. And the way Sony has been constantly seeking opportunities to cash in further by selling accessories (ranging from highly necessary to vital) separately as peripheral products has always pissed me off, especially given that in some cases it comes across as rather suspicious that many PS peripherals have been apparently (as well as conveniently) too difficult to be made backwards/forwards compatible. Considering the initial price already charged for the console itself, employing such tactics IMO is a bit of a joke.

Sorry i answered more than the thread required. I have a habit of getting carried away :eek:hwell:
Yea so you basically have not played any of the great games for Ps3. Heavenly Sword might be right up your ally. Relatively short game and beautiful graphics in 1080p. It also allows you to use the sixaxis on fine touch which is fun to play with. Most games that first came out for the Ps3 were only 720p -- no where close to the full potential of the Ps3. I am currently enjoying Call of Duty 4 in 1080p wonderful graphics and blows Halo 3 out of the water.

aang8405

Reaction score
Yea so you basically have not played any of the great games for Ps3. Heavenly Sword might be right up your ally. Relatively short game and beautiful graphics in 1080p. It also allows you to use the sixaxis on fine touch which is fun to play with. Most games that first came out for the Ps3 were only 720p -- no where close to the full potential of the Ps3. I am currently enjoying Call of Duty 4 in 1080p wonderful graphics and blows Halo 3 out of the water.
Ah ok then. Does sound like a fun and interesting game. And yes, most of the games i've played on ps3 so far had graphics that weren't much more impressive than those of the X360. But they were the earlier ones, so the PS3 no doubt holds a lot of potential for the future given its early performance. Nonetheless i'd probably still prefer to wait a fair bit before even considering buying a ps3, since not only will the ps3's price be lower, but also the variety of great games will have increased (hopefully).

MGS4 and RE5(provided it performs better than the X360 version) were about the only games i was considering buying a PS3 for, since i don't keep myself updated about other great (though perhaps less known) games as much as i used to (the games have to be marketed to death for me to notice them these days). But even then MGS4 will no doubt be a really long game - these days i like them short and fun but with great replay value (lego star wars is a very, very extreme example - not hardcore at all :p)

So yes, while the PS3 holds loads of potential for mind blowing games, i just don't feel enough of an incentive to buy one just yet, given the price and variety of games currently available.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
2008 will b a pwnage year 4 ps3 look at all the sweet games coming out devil may cry 4 mgs 4 killzone 2 gta 4 littlebigplanet

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
After getting the Wii I can safely say it's my favorite console since the NES - SNES - N64 days. It feels like it was actually worth the money this time around, unlike with the XBox - PS2 (better than the others) - GC - XBox 360 which I hardly played. Besides complete backwards compatibility with the games I still have from my old GameCube (Even the Zelda Collectors Edition with OOT - MM works flawlessly) it's just fun to play! I've already wasted 60 hours in Twilight Princess and god only knows how much time on Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
My nintendo was the most awesome system ever, and I still play it. There is no game that compares to the TMNT 3 on NES.