You probably all know this, but..

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I found out that Hell Ancient Tunnel runs are just as effective as Pit runs, except there are no cold immunes. :)

Ancient Tunnels are in Act 2 Lost City for those who don't know.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but I won't be using it for a long time.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, they are. Less lightning immunes also.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Glad to see you read the sticky....

This was originally posted by Lord_Vega @ diabloii.net forums who got the information from Thrugg at some other forums.

It lists all the top places to magic find, and they infact all return very good drops. I've found 15+ Elite Uniques/Sets in say 50 runs. Some of these elites include trangs belt, Grandfather, unique fanged knife, arachinds mesh etc.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know I am not allowed to post links to other sites, and I probably shouldn't even copy from their threads, but I am really curious about this, and I also tend to believe that the majority of people here at the SPF are not even aware to this little fact.

This is a quote of one of Thrugg's posts, and I really hope I am doing no harm by quoting him here:

"I'm feeling guilt for not posting some of this stuff here sooner - it has been well discussed on some other boards I read but I forget that not everyone reads everywhere Just for completeness, the highest level areas are as follows:

85 Pit Level 1
85 Pit Level 2
85 Mausoleum
85 Maggot Lair Level 3
85 Ancient Tunnels
85 Sewers Level 2 (Kurast)
85 Forgotten Temple
85 Ruined Fane
85 Disused Reliquary
85 River of Flame
85 Chaos Sanctuary
85 The Worldstone Keep Level 1
85 The Worldstone Keep Level 2
85 The Worldstone Keep Level 3
85 Throne of Destruction
85 The Worldstone Chamber

84 Maggot Lair Level 1
84 Maggot Lair Level 2
84 Sewers Level 1 (Kurast)
84 Ruined Temple
84 Disused Fane
84 Forgotten Reliquary
84 City of the Damned
84 Drifter Cavern
84 Halls of Pain
84 Halls of Vaught

83 Underground Passage Level 2
83 Crypt
83 Claw Viper Temple Level 2
83 Flayer Dungeon Level 3
83 Durance of Hate Level 1
83 Durance of Hate Level 2
83 Durance of Hate Level 3
83 Plains of Despair
83 Frozen River
83 Glacial Trail
83 Icy Cellar
83 Nihlathaks Temple
83 Halls of Anguish
83 Infernal Pit

The 85s are the plums - all monsters will be able to drop from TC87 with a "good" chance, and champions and uniques will be able to drop all items.

84s are not quite as good, all can drop TC87 but with a "small" chance, only uniques can drop all items.

In the 83s, all monsters can still drop TC87 but some unique items cannot be dropped.

The small/good chance at TC87 comes from the fact that since they squashed the TC90s down into TC87, they gave the very top monster TC a pretty good chance at TC87 (even better than the previous TC87 + TC90 chances). The second best monster TC only has an outside chance at TC87. This lower one is the TC Baal used to, and still does, drop from... while Pindle did and does drop from the higher one.

Note, I left Ancient Tunnels, below the Lost City in Act 2, out of my previous post - it also is well worth a run (especially if you are good vs undead)."

The interesting thing is that many people over there have started running the Pit and have found some amazing items, such as IKSC's, Schaeffer's and their like. I've tried it myself and indeed there are alot more high TC items dropping, surely alot more than in the WSK. Could be considence, but you can't really argue with the given facts.
With that cave being filled with champion packs and unique bosses, I truly do believe it's a good place for MFing.

Wonder if any of you skepticals are willing to give it a shot? I know I will do some research of my own on the weekend

metrakos2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cool, if it's not cold immune, I can kill there, unlike the pit . . . and blood moor :p

Metra :fwink

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
out of all those area's on the list, which have no/very little cold immunes?

and guru, it doesn't really state HOW good that run is, it just says its there, so it could be one of the 83's, and therefore you would be better off just doing all the 85's.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Guru you just made me look like an idiot. ><!

I haven't had to read the sticky since before I was a mod..I must of just forgot..

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Alas! I'm not totally an idiot! It wasn't linked to in the first post..-_-;

*Fixed it*

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
*Laughs midly at Viz*

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Nice work anyway, Viz. Runs I can actually do! Woot!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kao
*Laughs midly at Viz*
I think those red hell-looking portals in Act 5 (frigid Highland and so on until icy caves I think) is pretty good mfing, I found some good stuff while I was getting wps, but not sure about immunes.. I think its only fire and lightning or cold, I may be wrong.

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by life_source
out of all those area's on the list, which have no/very little cold immunes?

and guru, it doesn't really state HOW good that run is, it just says its there, so it could be one of the 83's, and therefore you would be better off just doing all the 85's.
www.d2data.net will tell you pretty good monster data. Or you could always compile it yourself. It's as easy as going there, and looking at what monsters spawn?