You opinion about this buds?

gobilamaker

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
When playing an RPG game, character usually have their original game names,

do you change the name or your keeping the original name of the character?

What is your opinion GUys?

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Usually I'll keep the name to fit in with the story. Unless I'm really familiar with the Lore then possibly I'll change the name to something more unique, but that fits within the story.

Raya Wolfsun

Addicted to Mentats
Reaction score
I generally like to give my characters names of my own - they are the representation of me in the game world, after all!

But I do take the time to come up with something that either fits well into the context of the game, or is exquisitely out of place. Depends on whether I'm playing "seriously" or for the lulz. XD

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
I tend to use my own name only in Zelda games. It always feels better that way, especially since Ocarina of Time. It's the only game series that ever really managed to get me to like each and every character.

In most other games I just use my gamertag, or some weird made up name that fits with the rest of the game. When first playing Morrowind, I couldn't think of any names, though. The names in that whole series are often just way to weird, especially the ones of the animal races.

tobakkun

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
It depends. I tend to use the default name on my first run. If the game calls for another playthrough, then I usually change the name of the main character and all sorts of other stuff. But then again, if the game doesn't provide a default name (like the Suikoden series) I use my online handle.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Decent games don't let you change it and in the dialogue they will actually say the hero's name, unlike most FF games.

Reaction score
Website
diabloiiikore.com
Yeah, I would keep the name because it fits with the story, and anything I could come up with would just be plain retarded, and a diss to the writers.