how do you melee a burrowed unit?
i mean i nteh game they just stab ite hole
what happns if they burrowed to deep ?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I find it incredible that the Lurker manages to extend it's spikes so far and accurately while it's underground and why Zerg units are capable of burrowing so well that only detector units can notice the recently dislodged dirt. Also how units go through Nydus Canals so quickly, :p.

Probably one of those things Blizzard didn't bother with because it would change the balance and simplicity of the game.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Wing Zero said:
how do you melee a burrowed unit?
i mean i nteh game they just stab ite hole
what happns if they burrowed to deep ?
melee? just send bomb or fire of some kind.

L

Laharl

It would hurt the balance to make nydus canals take longer.

And it's messy. What if the nydus dies when units are in it?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
It would hurt the balance to make nydus canals take longer.

And it's messy. What if the nydus dies when units are in it?
they will be stuck in a wicked sick ride

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Siege Tanks should unborrow units that they hit in Siege Mode, since the explosion should blow up the dirt right under and around thne burrowed unit. :D

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
You should be able to drop units in water, or drown your buildings, but you don't see that either. Also, why does the Marine or Firebat taking stimulation drugs not only increase walking speed but his firing speed? Wouldn't they be using automatic weapons? Does he really need to press the trigger that much faster in succession? Do stimulation drugs affect inanimate abiotic projectile weapons? This kind of realism would mess up a game. That's why battlecruisers are so small and Carriers don't shoot the large blue planet incinerating beam of intensified light that it does in the original StarCraft cinematic.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
espiciall the fact that SCV cant attack air yet the can repair it
and how a scv can biuld soemthing out of the blue with minerals

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You should be able to a mass jump off of dropships, where everyone unloads at the same time during flight, instead of....wait for it....ok it's slowing down, we're taking fire....we're stopped, unloading first Marine, health 75%....2nd Marine, health 30%...3rd Marine, and Drop ship is dead with 10 marines still in it...retarded.

L

Laharl

If you could drop all at once do you honesty think people would drop them slowly? They would have to make that the default. Also, think of the realism.

Edit: Scvs can repair air because they lower near the scv. IT can't attack because the target isn't quite co-operating.

Biske

Reaction score
Wait wait wait...think of the realism? Last time I saw a war time movie they try and get the troops out ASAP, not give each 10-15 seconds to get their asses out. The computer does that so damn well also.

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
Biske said:
Wait wait wait...think of the realism? Last time I saw a war time movie they try and get the troops out ASAP, not give each 10-15 seconds to get their asses out. The computer does that so damn well also.
Yes, but they dont just warp to the ground either. The closest thing to a dropship would be a blackhawk, and they fast-rope out of those 2 at a time out the side doors.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Just be glad that in the beta version they removed the necessity for Dropships/Shuttles to land in order to drop off and pick up units.

L

Laharl

Instead of the logic of making the land they now throw all the units out the door.

Dropship: Parachute? Those are for sissies!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
here's another one. there is a guy in the turret but he doesn't take up supplies

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Isn't it incredible how many people must be wating in the Command Center to be suited up in the Barracks and to construct ships in the StarPort; only four people actually do anything useful at first, but luckily they're the only ones you have to feed, ;).

L

Laharl

That, too.

Person in CC: Feed me, please! I haven't eaten in weeks!
Advisor: Not enough supplies. Build more supply depots.
Person: Give me a dollar to buy a bag of chips at least?!
Advisor: Not enough minerals.
Advisor: Not enough gas.
* Advisor pulls out a handgun, shoots the guy *
Advisor: Your forces have engaged the enemy!