Xel'Naga Watch Towers

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Are they going to be on every melee map ? I thought players are supposed to do the scouting. In war3 there was only 1 ladder map (tr) with watching wards and in broodwar like in war3 you could scout or build cheap structures away to keep track of a certain area. Part of the skill is also to scout well, won't these towers ease players too much? Even a noob will be able to know what's going on. I think there shouldn't be so many of them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will be on every map, but it doesn't necessarily give noobs an easier time. Better players are going to be the ones controlling the towers.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ugh, sounds like a shitty idea imo. I hate RTS's where you can build or control one structure and bam, you can see the whole fucking map (or a lot of it). That's bullshit and shouldn't be in SC.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ugh, sounds like a shitty idea imo. I hate RTS's where you can build or control one structure and bam, you can see the whole fucking map (or a lot of it). That's bullshit and shouldn't be in SC.
from what it looks like you need shit around it to see anything, and it doesnt reveal a whole lot.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
of the only two stock maps we saw. it looks like its only at mid point.
who knows if these are going to be used all the time or not at all

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
*all knowing guy walks into thread*

The Watch Towers only reveal a portion of the map, and in a cicle around it without having trouble looking over cliffs and such. The player who wants to control the Tower must have at least one or more units near it at all times, or the Tower deactivates. All units count, except for the Turrets placed by the Nighthawk and Spider Mines in campaign. -no info on hallucinations yet- When both -or more- players have an equal amount of units near the Tower, then nobody controls it.

This has all been confirmed by Blizzard posters on b.net forums. However, I am to lazy atm to search for them. If somebody specifically asks for them, then I might still post some quotes later on.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
You almost left me without words with that 'research' on the XelNaga. But I shouldn't even mention war3 every time coz broodwar is the same, the little advantage you can take like killing a unit or a structure or revelaing even a small part of the map is actually a big advantage.

Hrethgir

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I can only imagine how massive games of like 3v3 are going to be with those towers. the amount of carnage they will cause will be great

longrtw

Member!
Reaction score
erm... i just think the tower is not really neccessary :D .... cuz it provides to much sight range ..... in the battle report, i notice it provides almost the whole screen size of sight.... this will make our skill of GUESS and EXPERIENCE to go down when playing that way :X hehe