Xbox 360 recent moves...input.

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
I have been a hardcore gamer for along time, and big Xbox 360 fan. But Microsofts recent acts of either letting there developers go or just shutting them down is scareing me. Being a hardcore gamer this dosnt seem right because it seems like Microsoft is now trying to start focusing on the casual side of gaming. The recent closure of ensemble studios, and the closure of FASA, and the depature of Bungie. so I just wanted to get your guy's input on the situation.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
games are clearly moving towards casual gamers, they whined and now it is the change. Will they move back? Probably... but for now that is the direction.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
just because they let go a company and shut down a few studios doesnt mean they lost their ability to publish games. basically their fuckup on making 35% of the consoles crash/burn bit them in the ass and now they're paying for it. nothing to worry about. halo 3, gears, gears 2, etc will still be on xbl for years to come. there will always be quality games served as long as there are developers wanting to bring high quality gaming to consumers. if only some assholes wouldn't download every fucking game that came out it wouldnt be as big of a problem

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Ya but there has been a big shift to casual gaming, which is undoutabley putting some strain on more hardcore developers.
Strained from what? A bunch of angry "hardcore" gamers that want a ton of games and they want them now? Having fewer developers in the hardcore market would be better for them, though not good for gamers that want a huge library.

I've had my 360 for 9 months and I own 4 games. I only play 2 of them. More games isn't always better.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Ya but there has been a big shift to casual gaming, which is undoutabley putting some strain on more hardcore developers.
i dont see a large shift any where nor any strain. There may be a strain in idea's which i agree.

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
Actually having less developers is more likely a bad thing when you think about it, because what creates creative, inovative, and fresh games is compotion, without it those developers left will be less likely to try something totally different and crazy. Compitition is what drives our industry, thats why too many multi-platform releases in my opinion is also putting a strain on fresh and new ideas.