XBOX 2 OR PS3

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not to be an ass, VizjereiMage, but the Xbox is a computer, not a console, not almost one ^^
one of mine glitched and they wouldn't accept my return so I just turned it into a linux server for my email.

Xb2 definately. Xb has titles like morrowind (I heard somewhere that Oblivion, the next elder scrolls will be Xb2...) It just doesn't get all the asia-based titles. Most of those suck, but the good ones never make their way to xbox, since sony and microsoft like to monopolize things. I usually buy every console, but unless I am amazed somehow, I'll skip ps3

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
l33t 0n3 said:
not to be an ass, VizjereiMage, but the Xbox is a computer, not a console, not almost one ^^
one of mine glitched and they wouldn't accept my return so I just turned it into a linux server for my email.

Xb2 definately. Xb has titles like morrowind (I heard somewhere that Oblivion, the next elder scrolls will be Xb2...) It just doesn't get all the asia-based titles. Most of those suck, but the good ones never make their way to xbox, since sony and microsoft like to monopolize things. I usually buy every console, but unless I am amazed somehow, I'll skip ps3

not to be an ass, l33t On3, but the XBOX is a console, not a computer. Look up the meaning of console in the dictionary.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
make an xbox cluster of about 5 used xboxes for something like 500 dollars....it turns into a pretty damn fast computer

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Here we are.

PS2 Games way own XBox games in my opinion, although the XBox features are greater. XBox controllers suck, your hands hurt after a while with that big controller, so they had to make a small one. I really dont mind the small ones much, but PS2 owns XBox controller.

About modding, I really dont give a donkeys ball if you can mod it for 10 bucks less, as long as it gets the job done.

Saving music on the console is a great idea, and XBox has a good imagination in that. If PS2 had that, hmm.. lol, PS2 would own..

Putting an OS on. Lemme see here, will Microsoft want this or not? I really dont know the answer to that question, and I dont think you do either. If you are able to make a fully-functional or almost fully-functional OS on it, then hell, XBox will be the leetiest thing ever..

Call me bias, Im trying to be fair.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
you do understand the xbox controller is much smaller now right?

i find the ps2 controller to be crap. i have a switch that makes it so i can use my xbox controller instead of the ps2 one, it works quite well.

ShaftedTwice

Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
you do understand the xbox controller is much smaller now right?

i find the ps2 controller to be crap. i have a switch that makes it so i can use my xbox controller instead of the ps2 one, it works quite well.
Yes, of course I understand, it was to effin gayass big to start out with =)

The PS2 controller owns the XBox controller, the XBox buttons are too scattered around..

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
actually i find the postitioning of the buttons just right. i dont know about you, but i dont have tiny hands or fingers for that matter. ont he ps2 controller, i have trouble everytime i use the analog sticks because of the poor positioning. whereas the xbox controller postitioning of the analog stick is just fine. Plus the d-pad isnt used as much as it is on the ps2 controller...hate the ****ing d-pad...

ShaftedTwice

Reaction score
Eww.. Well, think what you want. PS2 controller fits in my hands perfectly, XBox fits ur urs perfectly =) We cant really argue that point.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
why the hell are you even bringing up the controller problem as something as a factor when you could just go out and buy a 15 dollar adaptor so you can use a ps2 controller!?

DarkGhost368

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xboxarena.cjb.net
people say xbox has to many buttons but the truth is xbox and ps2 controls almost have exactly the same amount of buttons. Also ps2 controlers are like little boxes that cut into your skin after awhile. Xbox Controls the smaller S version is much for fitting for your hands. And if you have huge hands you get the big one. Ps2 from my knowlege doesnt have that option of getting a larger controler but i may me wrong.

Nearby-Stalker

Member!
Reaction score
Accually there is an adapter to use a ps2 controller on the xbox, there is also one for using the ps2 controller on the game cube. Xbox controllers and PS2 controllers both have the same ammount of buttons, one has black and white, the other has L2 and R2. After using the xbox,i find that PS2 controllers are way to small. I thought they were godly before, but when i got my hands on a xbox,i loved it. Even my cousin that was Pro-PS got used to the xbox controller and now likes xbox more than ps2. To the person who said that xbox has no fully funtional OS, ever hear of linux? BTW u can mod a xbox for alot cheaper then 10 bux less, u can do it for FREE.

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
I think that the Xbox is doing the owning. PS2 is Xbox's b1tch! The first edition of Xbox is better than the second edition of the Sony Playstation. If Microsoft does ever come out with the Xbox 2, the Playstation would be gone..

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Miss said:
not to be an ass, l33t On3, but the XBOX is a console, not a computer. Look up the meaning of console in the dictionary.
If you knew shit, the xbox is a computer, not a console. It's just running Microsoft's xbox os, and is able to read their dvd's. My friend showed me some way to convert the xbox controller cord (the small one between controller and xbox) into a serial port. Funny stuff. Xbox = computer with fancy case.

Console (dictionary) : an architectural member projecting from a wall to form a bracket or from a keystone for ornament

XsexecutionerX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
K0r34n Jja Shik said:
My reply was aimed at Red's post.

BTW,

PS2 was release in Japan on March 4, 2000
Xbox was released on 11-15-2002

A good 2 years and 8 months.
Of course the PS2 was released in japan 2 years earlier, IT WAS MADE IN JAPAN
The Xbox was made in the USA so therefore the release date was much earlier.
Ever wonder why Nintendo systems and games are releaseed in Japan earlier? It's because they make them there and then have to translate stuff into English in order to release in in North America.

Oh, and Microsoft has already released information on the Xbox2 in the OXM December edition. Not much info but some about video, launch games and some other stuff. And Xbox 2 will not be backwards compatible because why would you play older games on a new system? Thats what your old console is for. I know that once I get an Xbox2 I'm just going to mod my Xbox.

Endeavor[ak]

Member!
Reaction score
i personally think that ps2 and xbox2 will be pretty damn close...they both have pretty god features... just will have to wait and see what happens either of them could f**k up

PunisherX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It all depends on the games that come out who cares about the contorlers on the size of the system or wtf color it is. I know that i will be getting an xbox2 because i've owned all 3 of the new systems. ps2 first then gamecube then i sold those and got an xbox and well of course i had alot of cash left over:D

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nearby-Stalker said:
Im pretty sure the PSTwo is avalable in a NTSC version as well..... Anyways, the XBOX is > any other console out there, for the sure fact that it can emulate not only any other console (except for ps2 and game cube) or arcade game, but also that you can run linux on there and have a fully funtional computer system, for 150$ USD. That is quite a good deal. And to all of you PS2 fanboys out there, the xbox modchips are not more expensive, because, well, YOU DONT NEED A MODCHIP TO HACK A XBOX!!!! you can softmod, which means no modchip required! Can you do this with a PS2? no sir, you cannot, good game Sony.
Nearby-Stalker said:
The xbox is not better solely because you can mod it without a modchip, but it is better because it has better hardware, better software, better software development, a harddrive, and better capabilities. Not to mention WAY better games,and u dont have to wait an hour for games to load.
wow again u seem to contradict urself

they already have a pic of a xbox 2 if u read game informer and they got a preview of the new morrowind

sega2200

Member!
Reaction score
i choose xbox2 rather then ps3 since ps3 doesnt have inconsole memory...since sony thinks its nessecary for us to pay to continue are games...lets just say ps2 needed alot of extra things u have 2 buy(liek to be able to play with 3 other friends, saving your game, plugging into the internet, and the list goes on)but for xbox i only needed to buy 1 thing(the remote for the dvd player) but i only bought that because i wanted a dvd player in my room. also eventually games that are made for the ps2 comes to the xbox but that doesnt work the other way around(look at gta). so they cant say that ps2 has better games.so unless sony upgrades those for ps3 they should just quit.