XBOX 2 OR PS3

RedGanksta

Member!
Reaction score
which is gonna be better? i think xbox 2 is becuz i heard that ps3 wont let you play all the ps and ps2 games on it.....then again i heard nothing about xbox 2, only that its gonna be smaller

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Xbox is almost a computer in itself. Imagine the capabilities of XBox2. :)

RedGanksta

Member!
Reaction score
well the only thing that is bad about xbox is that anyone can hack into microsoft

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Nobody gives a **** about hacking a console system though. Besides, I doubt you can.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I know you can.

PS3, Xbox was a lame system, and Xbox 2 will jsut be the same crap recycled over again

RedGanksta

Member!
Reaction score
i know how to hack into an xbox and a ps2 but i havent done it

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont know because neither of them have any news at all yet. the only thing i care about now is the PSP. psp>ps3>xbox2

also, they made a new ps2 in japan, and its 1/2 the size of a reg ps2

Nearby-Stalker

Member!
Reaction score
Im pretty sure the PSTwo is avalable in a NTSC version as well..... Anyways, the XBOX is > any other console out there, for the sure fact that it can emulate not only any other console (except for ps2 and game cube) or arcade game, but also that you can run linux on there and have a fully funtional computer system, for 150$ USD. That is quite a good deal. And to all of you PS2 fanboys out there, the xbox modchips are not more expensive, because, well, YOU DONT NEED A MODCHIP TO HACK A XBOX!!!! you can softmod, which means no modchip required! Can you do this with a PS2? no sir, you cannot, good game Sony.

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Nearby-Stalker said:
And to all of you PS2 fanboys out there, the xbox modchips are not more expensive, because, well, YOU DONT NEED A MODCHIP TO HACK A XBOX!!!! you can softmod, which means no modchip required! Can you do this with a PS2? no sir, you cannot, good game Sony.
Wow. thats so stupid, i can't even explain why its stupid. Here I go.

So Sony<MS because PS2 requires a modchip to play illegal copies of games?? What kind of logic is that? The fact that the PS2 needs a modchip to play those games is better for Sony. If the ability to play burned games was intended to be included, then that would make Xbox better... Well Xbox is already better... It was released.. what.. a year after ps2? A year in the technological world is a huuge gap

Nearby-Stalker

Member!
Reaction score
lol, K0r34n Jja Shik, ready for this?

Xbox was not released a year after ps2, they were relativly close to each other for release dates. Even if it was, in a year they didnt go from p2 233mhz to p3 733, ok?

Xbox can not only play backups, you also have media centers, homebrew's, custom dashboards (OS's), emulators, you can put linux. The xbox IS a computer, you just cant run windows on it, yet. You can run MacOSX, with MOL, but no one likes mac, lol.

The xbox is not better solely because you can mod it without a modchip, but it is better because it has better hardware, better software, better software development, a harddrive, and better capabilities. Not to mention WAY better games,and u dont have to wait an hour for games to load.

Now, you will probally say "OMGLOL YOU CAN HAXOR ITROFL, WHO CURZ NUb!! SONY IS SOLID!!", but that is not true, yuo can also back up games on a ps2 with HDLOADER, and almost and harddrive as long as you got a network adapter. Hell, if you allready got a modchip (like 23 solder points instead of 0 to 9 in a xbox,rofl) you can make your own HDLoader disc and hack it yourself, and make backups. That makes the PS2 a little better, but still no where nearly as good as a xbox. Thkx

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
BOB DOLE said:
i dont know because neither of them have any news at all yet. the only thing i care about now is the PSP. psp>ps3>xbox2

also, they made a new ps2 in japan, and its 1/2 the size of a reg ps2

Its 1/4 the width. And it comes out in the us in the next few days just before christmas. Ima get one.

But Xbox2 > Ps3 . ps games are shit in my oppinion, xbox just looks alot more like the old nintendo games i believe the colors on them are alot better and more appealing. plus i'm a big halo & amped fan!!!

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
1 xbox saves on its self, ps3 is gunna be shitty again and have to own liek 30 memeory cards. also ATI is makeing graphis, Power PC is amkign the Cd drive, and yeah tehy got almost all teh best complays workign on it, also i got Lunix on my Xbox, beat that.

-brandon :corn

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Nearby-Stalker said:
lol, K0r34n Jja Shik, ready for this?

Xbox was not released a year after ps2, they were relativly close to each other for release dates. Even if it was, in a year they didnt go from p2 233mhz to p3 733, ok?

Xbox can not only play backups, you also have media centers, homebrew's, custom dashboards (OS's), emulators, you can put linux. The xbox IS a computer, you just cant run windows on it, yet. You can run MacOSX, with MOL, but no one likes mac, lol.

The xbox is not better solely because you can mod it without a modchip, but it is better because it has better hardware, better software, better software development, a harddrive, and better capabilities. Not to mention WAY better games,and u dont have to wait an hour for games to load.

Now, you will probally say "OMGLOL YOU CAN HAXOR ITROFL, WHO CURZ NUb!! SONY IS SOLID!!", but that is not true, yuo can also back up games on a ps2 with HDLOADER, and almost and harddrive as long as you got a network adapter. Hell, if you allready got a modchip (like 23 solder points instead of 0 to 9 in a xbox,rofl) you can make your own HDLoader disc and hack it yourself, and make backups. That makes the PS2 a little better, but still no where nearly as good as a xbox. Thkx
My reply was aimed at Red's post.

BTW,

PS2 was release in Japan on March 4, 2000
Xbox was released on 11-15-2002

A good 2 years and 8 months.

Eluka

Reaction score
Just chew on this: The xbox2 will have the same hardware as the brand new mac's, that g5 shit.

Microsoft will be making its own graphics cards this time around, btw.

Nearby-Stalker

Member!
Reaction score
K0r34n Jja Shik said:
My reply was aimed at Red's post.

BTW,

PS2 was release in Japan on March 4, 2000
Xbox was released on 11-15-2002

A good 2 years and 8 months.

how was it aimed at red when you quoted me and was replying to what i was saying? sony had the same chance to make a beefed up system and they didnt. It was their fault.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Since xbox just has been the lead I'd go with xbox.