WWIII Scenario

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]No you won't first, a bunch of over countries has nukes, second you being the sole world super power is highly debatable. Fight a real war with a strong nation first, then start talking. This might be the beggining of a new US bashing period for me. Ignorant dumbasses like you just piss me off.[/glow]

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
but you dont have to fight to be a superpower anymore! so why do you make such a fuss that everyone has nukes or america needs to fight a real war? didnt we beat the strongest force in the world twice? (revolutionary war and 1812) does that mean we suck?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]In both cases you had to much of tactical advantage, England was too far away, and in those days it would take a lot of time for provisions ammo and stuff like that to get over the ocean. Besides i was just replying to dreamcrusader's retarded comment.[/glow]

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
oh really? so you think its hard for the best navy in the world to send a few ships to defeat an uprsing of a few hundred or thousand farmers? i dont think the british were that stupid or pathetic

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]I never said they were, but you must agree if US was in europe then GB would win that war easy. Even your historians agree that those you wining those two wars was just a stroke of luck.[/glow]

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
American Revolution was won because of French help.

We didn't win the War of 1812, there was a treaty with the British. We would have been beaten easily if Britain had decided to keep on fighting, but Napoleon was a bigger problem.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
historians also concluded that GB had the GREATEST navy in the world...so how would the US ever get to GB to begin with?

the french only helped teh US in fighting formations and gave the sent a few warships to fight the brittish warships. simple.

1812 was an invasion, and if a treaty was signed and the british left, by god thats a victory for the us

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
The War of 1812 was US trying to annex CANADA. BRITAIN invaded US because we invaded CANADA. WE initiated peace talks.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Meh, Bushidos right. The only reason the America is thought to have won (British won most of the battles) is because after the treaty was signed America (it took time for word to spread to the front) America won a battle in new orleans and Britain was fighting a bigger threat and beat them in the battle of waterloo. Meh, they started the war and it was repulsed, the Americans didn't occupy any British territory and most their forces stayed in Europe to battle napolean.
@The bastard sword: It's obviously easier to defend home ground. It seems not to many people cared enough to get the military into shape to keep one of the many colonies."The British government made attempts to put the British Army on a war footing, but with limited success. The only new regiment raised was Major General Fraser’s 71st Foot, comprising two battalions. Five existing regiments of foot were sent to America and five more with the 16th Light Dragoons were preparing to embark." "The British army of the time was not an efficient institution. Since the French and Indian War, Parliament had reduced the number of regiments. Recruiting was always a problem, particularly in America. There was no formal military education for officers and efficiency varied widely between regiments. In peace time there was little training and in a garrison like Boston, where the surrounding countryside was hostile, the opportunities for field days, even if the officers had been inclined to conduct them, were limited."
Doesn't matter too much, I would call it a real America victory if they invaded somewhere a bit closer to the Britain...... WW2 Is a example of real victory, Germany invaded poland and france and then was countered and invaded itself. But what all this history has to do with wwIII.

dreamcrusader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kuzmich said:
[glow=red]No you won't first, a bunch of over countries has nukes, second you being the sole world super power is highly debatable. Fight a real war with a strong nation first, then start talking. This might be the beggining of a new US bashing period for me. Ignorant dumbasses like you just piss me off.[/glow]

Your a Soviet radical making up thing for the loss of your economy. Besides, Iraq belive it or not has one of the strongest militarys in the world. We would kick Russias ass so bad it would be funny. I only piss you off because im right, your countrys weak.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
personaly i really think that USa has a good chance since we are so far away from everybody else. but it also depends on our allies. can't remember but i think it's scottland. so far they have the best stealth, sea worthy ships in the world so far.
britain would be a nice ally i think since they are pretty strong. china could still do the human wave attack with that many people. but like someone said on the first page, once someone launches those nukes say bye bye world

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dreamcrusader said:
Your a Soviet radical making up thing for the loss of your economy. Besides, Iraq belive it or not has one of the strongest militarys in the world. We would kick Russias ass so bad it would be funny. I only piss you off because im right, your countrys weak.
[glow=red]No i bash US because it is a country of ignorant dumbasses, you are a proove of that. Iraq's military was weak, they used old soviet techology, and had no air force. Our military would kill yours so quickly i would be able to pee on your dead soldier's bodies 5 minutes after the fight began. You suck, get on with life, or just learn some things about world today, and not from biased american sources.[/glow]

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kuzmich said:
[glow=red]No i bash US because it is a country of ignorant dumbasses, you are a proove of that. Iraq's military was weak, they used old soviet techology, and had no air force. Our military would kill yours so quickly i would be able to pee on your dead soldier's bodies 5 minutes after the fight began. You suck, get on with life, or just learn some things about world today, and not from biased american sources.[/glow]

No, America would not own the shit out of Russia, nor would Russia own the shit out of America. It would be a long, bloody war. One that would probably resort to nuclear weaponry and the ultimate destruction of both countries. So let that debate die. It is getting very old.

As to Iraq, they had the world's 4th strongest military power and we defeated them entirely in 72 hours flat(Gulf War, '91). That is a strong statement.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]How do you measure those things? I think there was a big error in those caalculations.[/glow]

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why would you say that? An error of the country's military strength, or an error of the time it took to defeat them? Both are regarded as fact by everyone across the world. This is very old news(see over a decade), so please do not say I am lying or this is miscalulated, not on this issue. This, at least, is true.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]I can't believe that Iraqie military was 4th strongest in the world. They used old weapons they had from Soviet times, so yeah i think your info is wrong. They don't even have airforce.[/glow]

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no they had the 4th strongest army in terms of numbers and ground troops. i mean the allied forces who were fought with us during that time, we didn't even out number iraq's single army. the only problem was, iraq didn't have the best technology as the USA did therefore with air force suprerority on out side and they barly having any anti air or worthy planes themselves, the air attacks were able to destory many things. plus remember we still had the ohio class battleships, which could shoot shells i think 27 miles away. we had technology on our side which helped a lot. and 72 hours? that sounds WAAAYYY tooo short.

BTW remember we gave funding for saddam, and for bin laden., and looked at the mess amercia created

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=red]Don't forget that most of his soldiers were cowards and they surrendered.[/glow]

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kuzmich said:
[glow=red]I can't believe that Iraqie military was 4th strongest in the world. They used old weapons they had from Soviet times, so yeah i think your info is wrong. They don't even have airforce.[/glow]

Besides the US, Russia, and China, what other countries(In the early 90's) had an army worth noting? It doesnt matter if the weaponry was outdated, huge numbers can make up for it. Of course Iraq was a long step below the higher super powers, but they were marginally ahead of the others. Saddam had to have a strong military to feed his violent binges.

And the 72 hours only includes the ground assault. 72 is the minimum, it might could be stretched to 100 hours. The ground invasion was preceded by a 39 day maritime bombardment. But the fact we(and by we I am not just talking about the US, there were other countries involved. It is just that the American forces were the huge majority) stormed a well bunkered in force of hundreds of thousands and defeated

Iraq had(about) 1,000,000 regular troops with tank divisions and air support. Their air force was the largest in the middle east at the time. They had some 5000 tanks and thousands more artillery and infantry vehicles. Plus hundreds of surface-to-air missiles.

Iraqi Army:

5,500 Tanks
-1,600 T-55
-500 Type 59
-900 Type 62
-1,500 T-62
-1,000 T-72
1,000 Infantry Fighting Vehicles
1,100 Reconnaissance Vehicles
6,000 APC's
2,800 Towed Artillery
500 Self-Propelled Guns
200 Multiple-Rocket Launchers

Iraqi Air Force:

Bombers:-20 Su-24
-8 Tu-22
-8 Tu-16
-4 H-6
Fighter-Bombers:-70 Mig-23
-64 Mirage F-1
-45 Su-20
-30 Su-25
Fighters:-40 J-6
-150 Mig-21
-40 Mirage F-1
-10 Mig-25
-24 Mig-29
60 Transport Aircraft
600 Hard Bunkers for Aircraft

Iraqi Air Defenses:

160 SA-2 Batteries
140 SA-3 Batteries
100 Roland Batteries
300 SA-6 & SA-8 Mobile SAMs
10,000 Anti-Aircraft Artillery

Source
Source's Source

I am not lying to you about this. Look around on the web instead of calling me a liar or saying I am wrong. Find reliable information that contradicts me.

Here is one drawn out biography of the war, though it mainly focuses on sea power. I can find more if you want.. Though I really shouldnt have to. Im not ****ing making this shit up.