WoW?

ak0n

Member!
Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to WoW and I just got it yesterday. I understand some of the game but I don't understand skill points/stat points. Is it at level 10 you start getting skills and attributes? How do you get them? I am a level 6 undead mage.

GsVi-Miles

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ak0n said:
Hey all, I am new to WoW and I just got it yesterday. I understand some of the game but I don't understand skill points/stat points. Is it at level 10 you start getting skills and attributes? How do you get them? I am a level 6 undead mage.
Well your stat points go up every level, they go up i think according to what class you are, this is done automatically, skill points i think are the ones you buy from your trainer, like for mage you have i think those arcane fire and frost , as a priest you get discipline, holy and shadow, it differes for every class, you get these skill points every 2 levels i think and you have to buy them, they can get pretty expensive later on. And when you reach level ten you get talents, these talents are split up into 3 categories, the categoires ofyour skill points, these boost your skills in certain ways depending on each one you use, i hope that helped you, good luck

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah, your stats go up automatically (Strength, Stamina etc) when you level up but once you hit Lv10 and above you get talent points where you can further enhance the skills that you purchase from the trainers (For you it's a Mage trainer) and become a better fighter.

That's the gist of it.

ak0n

Member!
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I recently got bored of the mage and fell in love with my warlock :D . I was wondering, can gnomes ride horses?

Azurio

Member!
Reaction score
ak0n said:

*stares*

Noooooooooooooooooooob :susp

If you have questions about classes, just try em out and see what you like. I recently tried out a rogue and I was impressed. Now, I either play my mage or rogue but I might level my mage first since hes my secondary contact unit for my Paladin.

And no, Gnomes can only ride gnomes. Elite mounts for races other then your own is not possible yet, even when you get Exalted. The only way you can get a 'foreign' mount is by having a Dwarven Paladin. He gets to ride a horse when he reaches 40.

ak0n

Member!
Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for the help. I decided to just start a human mage.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
humans can ride cats, night elves can ride horses. it's possible. it's just not possible to get exalted with gnomes or dwarves yet..

XxArchAngelxX

Member!
Reaction score
YOur all wrong gnome warlocks may ride horses, not sure what they are called but their the ones with fire at their hooves, same with pallys they get a free horse (warhorse), wrlocks mounts are also free

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
he has a point.. i don't think that's the type of horse he was talking about though.