WoW, you gotta pay to go online

DEAD_PeASENT

Member!
Reaction score
It's true, on the WoW FAQ, you gotta pay to go online!!!

Will there be monthly fee to play the game?
Yes; however, we are still investigating our business model and have not yet determined what the fee will be.

Why isn't World of Warcraft free?
World of Warcraft will require a fee to play. This fee will be used to support the costs associated with the high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that we are planning for World of Warcraft.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/faq/index.shtml

Ramza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's actually normal that you have to pay. You had to pay a monthly fee to play Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot etc.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Pretty much, blizzard would go bankrupt if u didnt have to pay, since WOW will be such a huge game and the server will require alot.

wuv1004

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i beleive the cost would probably be in the range of $10~15 monthly.
Just like the other mmorpg *Asheron's Call* *Ultima online*

igetgreens

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
at first i wasn't gonna play...but WoW sounds so good...that i might actually pay to play

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
k inorder for them to make money off it jsut selling the game it would prob cost your about 300 to buy and even then what that would last a year ? maybe 2. then they whouldnt have the money to keep the game going.. i havent played any of these mmorpgs but it does require alot of time/money for them to keep it going. they will have huge amounts of people working 24/7 to keep it up. paying 10 a month or something doesnt seem that bad at all
dont got the cash? get a JOB

tard07

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im al right with payin but its just that i dont think my parents would want to have it commin of thier credit card each month even if i pay them, damn im 16 so i cnat get a credit card yet. any of u think of any other payment methods they might have?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes they will have other payments. they relize alot of there gamers are from12-20 i guessing. and lots dont have credit cards. my parents do also but they wouldnt want to do that i bet

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no kiddin.. in like 1 week i could pay for 2 years of it
wow isnt it something.. and i work at mc donalds.. so i only get minimum wage but u get the idea

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so she use's u for money? no offence chicks are great but lots of them want u to buy them shit all the time.. and oo 10 a month what u spend on ur girlfriend? cheap son of a bitch. lol
u prob dont even have a girlfriend

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
15 bucks american is about 20-25 Canadian, and the game is probably going to be 60-70 dollars too! Thats a lot of money to pay with about 60 upfront and 20 bucks each month. It might be worth it if they either made the game like 10 dollars and then a monthly fee, or if they included 6 months free with the game right out of the store.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well considering that everquest for ps2 was 10$ a month,and yes that game sucked a$$ its WAY better for comp dont bother for ps2 unless u got the mouse and keyboard WoW will prob be 10 a month and thats cheap even if u a kid just use ure allounce

for u kiddies -to get mouse and keyboard just get a mouse and keyboard with usb plugs and plug em right into usb ports on ps2 that easy