WoW-Warlock...

Jax38

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.zeyt.us
...any good? i am thinking of going a gnome warlock once i get WoW for christmas and i am a solo type of guy
if you think warlock would be good for me please giv me some good advice on how to start him, thanx

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would have to say start off with Mage or something in beginning, and gain lots of gold, and go for Warrior or Rogue

Warlock... is just meh, I think mages are better

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Warlocks are awesome, I play one. Been looking forward to it for a while.
Don't play a gnome. Gnomes suck. Go orc or UD.

Jax38

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.zeyt.us
cool guys that helps a lot, thanx
if any have more advice please continue to post :loopy

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play a warlock UD, and i muse say he seems more able to take on higher things/masses of smaller ones than my rogue. With my voidwalker tanking for me i can take on things 2-4 levels higher then me, and with strategic use of fear and enfeebles i was able to kill 3 level 11's at once (im 11)

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Warlocks are boring and Voidwalker isn't that great. If you like casters make a mage or something. Theres already a bajillion undead warlocks.

I ditched mine and made an Orc hunter and Gnome Warrior =D

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Warlocks spends the most money on spells, but they do a get a free mount. If you are looking to solo a lot, a warlock/hunter will be best.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or you can be druid, where you dont even need a mount. just travel form ;).

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Warlocks are by no means boring. They're great, and quite possibly do the most stuff, click the most spells through a fight, etc., out of any class. They also have awesome utility. Free rez every 30 mins, for everyone in the group, free HP potions, and your hp/mana pool is pretty close to being one larger pool.

An all warlock group is awesome as well. Massive DoT stacking, a curse of every kind, and five pets beating down on a mob bring a smile to my face.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
They're great, I used to have one on the beta. I suggest you go horde, alliance sucks!

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
About doing the most stuff, Id say rogue uses about the same if not a bit more, lets compare my genral battle tatics.

Warlock: Curse of Agony, Corruption , Immolate, Shadow bolt, Shadow bolt (most mobs are dead at this poine but if not...) , Immolate, Shadow bolt, repeat

Rogue: Ranged attack (If im pulling them away from other aggro mobs), Gouge , Backstab, Slice n Dice, Sinister Strike, Gouge , Backstab , Excrivate (sp?) (if its not dead or close to it at this point its time to Sprint+Evasion)

So on average, Warlock = 5-6 abilities on average per battle, but you do alot of non battle abilities. Rogue = 6-7 per battle.

I know this is pretty useless, and im bored, but in conclusion, Rogue genrally uses more abilities per battle than warlock. I know youve all been dieing to hear this comparison :/

However i think a warlock has a much easier time handeling multiple close level aggros at once, expecially with a voidwalker. A rogues only way to really deal with it is to sprint, and if you get stunned, goodbye sprint. A warlock can do many things, and his enfeebles can be killing all the mobs at once. This was one of my expirences.

I got aggro from 3 mobs my level all at once. My voidwalker takes one. I cast the enfeebles on another and fear it. Then enfeeble the rest and start nuking the one on my voidwalker. by the time that ones dead, the second one still around and the one that just returned are both around 1/2 hp. Voidwalker takes the other, and i nuke the one not on him(only takes about 1 shadow bolt to finish him). at this point, Im out of mana, and the voidwalker is almost dead. But due to my voidwalker absorbing most of the damage for me im still at pretty high hp, so Life tap life tap shadow bolt and the fights over. Eat some food and merrily continue what I was doing. That was my most exciting fight so far in this game (except maybe when Auberdine got raided, but thats another story) :).

Jax38

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.zeyt.us
niiice
if i go horde for warlock, should i be undead?
or what race would you recommend has the best starting place/quest/overall skill to be the best warlock?

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I Either are good. UD can use all skills usefully save for breath, and orc can use only half their skills. (warlocks can't use axes, don't generally have too much to worry about in strength, and get a spell that allows nearly perma-water breathing.) However, Orcs get a 5% bonus to pet melee damge, which is very good, and while the activated immune to charm is great, canni is a slightly weaker (but still very usefull) ability.

Orcs have slightly higher stamina, giving them a little more HP, while UD have more spirit, determining mana and HP regen (hp out of combat). I believe they also have higher intelligence, which gives a larger mana pool.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jax38 said:
niiice
if i go horde for warlock, should i be undead?
or what race would you recommend has the best starting place/quest/overall skill to be the best warlock?
would you have to be horde? gnomes are the awesome warlocks. just look at their stats and racial passives. they were meant for spellcasting.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Save for the fact that gnomes are annoying, puntable, short, and on the alliance side.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dP said:
undead are the best mages ever!

undead > short ass midgets
not statistically, no.

im sided with both of you, gnomes are obnoxious as hell. i vowed never to ally with a gnome again after some bitch pushed the trade button on me so he could get a party quest before me. but you cannot get around the fact that gnomes DO make better casters. solution? use a real class like warrior or paladin.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
gnomes look crappy,i dont think i could go around looking like a gnome does.... i think id prob go with ud,but thats just me