WoW Screenshot thread V. Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Renzo: You know my UI's are normally sweet. There's actually an old UI of mine I want to use but am too lazy to remake it. I might remake it in the future. But for now..I'd rather just be functional and semi-appealing than anything. And wtf are you talking about dane cook?

JD: Dude..I know..and the worst part is..I like it. I don't know..not having to hit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and then repeat and having to drain tank is somewhat of a burden off my shoulders..now i send pet in press 2, 3, and spam shadowbolts. I have 513 spell damage and 5.4k HP..I love it. Don't get me wrong though..At 70 or possibly before..I'll be respeccing back to 45/5/11 (heavy affliction + sburn = yum).

Besides... lol SL/SL arena cookiecutter..I don't wanna hear it from you. =P

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You're up for PvE or PvP? If you want PvE, not having 5/5 Supression is just silly.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Renzo: You know my UI's are normally sweet. There's actually an old UI of mine I want to use but am too lazy to remake it. I might remake it in the future. But for now..I'd rather just be functional and semi-appealing than anything. And wtf are you talking about dane cook?

JD: Dude..I know..and the worst part is..I like it. I don't know..not having to hit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and then repeat and having to drain tank is somewhat of a burden off my shoulders..now i send pet in press 2, 3, and spam shadowbolts. I have 513 spell damage and 5.4k HP..I love it. Don't get me wrong though..At 70 or possibly before..I'll be respeccing back to 45/5/11 (heavy affliction + sburn = yum).

Besides... lol SL/SL arena cookiecutter..I don't wanna hear it from you. =P
Uh, it was SouLeSS that took the **** out of your UI, not me.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
you should too.

wow players dont let other wow players have ****ty uis'

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ah, that means my UI is nice since I posted it and no one complained!

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Woops my bad. Sorry Renzo, haha.

@Tronga: with 2/5 Supression even with a 45/5/11 build I rarely ever, if ever, was resisted by mobs. 5/5 is overkill.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You won't say that at level 70 in raid instances. It's not overkill, believe me.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
If he gets there.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Meh I decided to respec back to affliction and I went ahead and put the points into supression...i can do without imp CoA i guess

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
There isn't much need to respecc before hitting 70 :p

But just so you know, you need 16% spell hit rating to be able to maximise your DPS against boss level mobs.

That talent alone gives you 10% of it for free, so you need 6% more, which is like 75 spell hit rating.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Sean's gonna love you then :p

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I respec for variety in playstyle. Playing the same old thing all the time gets boring. I have the gold so why not? ^^;

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Thought some of you oldies that ran MC fktons of times too would enjoy this read.

Arutha/Zach = Renzo's newb friend that rolled with us.
Dabble/Baddle = One of the many drunken Mages that I raided with on our Horde toons.
Skeetrag = Another former member of the drunken Mage Core.

Resizing FTL. Attaching the SS instead.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
You're up for PvE or PvP? If you want PvE, not having 5/5 Supression is just silly.
Yes, Tronga is definately a warlock expert :D

Suppression doesn't raise your hit rating, it reduces the chance your affliction spells will get resisted. You can have a full capped hit rating, it's not going to make a difference to DoT's, only DD spells. Suppression is closer related to penetration than it is hit rating.

So in other words, unless you are running a UA build where your primary source of damage is DoT damage, then you are right, without 5/5 in your build, you just crippled yourself. But for any kind of demonology build, or destruction build, it's not necessary, but DOES help slightly. My build is strictly for large scale PvP (AV to be particular. I'll be changing it up a little bit when I finally decide to get more in arenas). I used to keep 1/5 in shadow embrace for the soul siphon effect in my SL/SL build, but they nerfed that obviously.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Is it me...

Or Jayde broke the screenshot thread? I can't even see it >>

Wanted to post a picture of my 3rd alt, a level 60 Human Warrior, and I can't.

Oh well, here he is:

PS - If that thread gets fixed, I'll ask Donny to merge this there.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Wahey, it worked, I can come to this thread!

Yes, Tronga is definately a warlock expert :D

Suppression doesn't raise your hit rating, it reduces the chance your affliction spells will get resisted. You can have a full capped hit rating, it's not going to make a difference to DoT's, only DD spells. Suppression is closer related to penetration than it is hit rating.
Yeah, and you certainly are an expert in PvE. I've got a mage and an elemental shaman, so I think I can say I know what I'm talking about when regarding to spell hit:

Firstly, no, that talent has absolutely nothing to do with resistance. There is no resistance whatsoever in raid bosses. None. And even if there was, you shouldn't be concerned about it because any good guild will have more than one lock, and shadow priests, and thus Curse of Shadows is a must. And even so, that chance of resisting is about spell hit. Think of a hit just like in melee, except that when you miss, it shows as resist, or when you glance, it shows as partial resist.

Now, against bosses, you need 17% spell hit in order to have 0 resists, but Blizzard made a cap at 1%, meaning there's always that chance to resist.

Now, yeah, I do agree with you that as an affliction warlock, you can just it again. But you will lose DPS that way, taking in mind that DPS does means Damage per Second :p

I admit I'm not 100% sure about the warlock tree so there might be better talents to put keeping in mind that spell hit isn't that hard to get (gems), and the fact that if you fail a DoT you can just put it again.

But don't talk to me about resistance in PvE. It's just silly :p

Miguel backwards!
Yeah! It's my cousin :p

I also thought of posting another screenshot, Kael'thas try. The warlock that tanks Capernian got bumped into the red column up there, and stayed there till we wiped (he's not down yet!). The warlock is the little thingie receiving a paladin's heal.

Also posting here so Mike can say bad things about my UI.

Btw, if I don't answer, it's because I can't enter this damn thread >>

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Status
Not open for further replies.