WoW: Paladin tanks High King Maulgar

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
So... my guild <Core> and me were tryin' some of our first tries on High King Maulgar. We had a good run, all got down. But phase 2 our MT died(some crazy crit?) and all of suddenly I got aggro. I went in and actually began tanking Maulgar. I have about 10k HP in my Healing Gear. (Buffed and 1.1k Healing+) So I tanked him for like 1-2 minute and one of our druid's Rebirth's cooldown finished and he resses the MT. The MT takes over and we got High King Maulgar down on..
10th try I belive. I have no pictures and I did not thought of it and you should have heard Teamspeak. Hilarious.

And yes.
I did die not long after the MT took aggro.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It would've been a crushing blow. If your tank doesn't have over 490 defense then he shouldn't be tanking anything. The defense cap makes you immune to be critically struck, but it still doesn't stop you from being susceptible to a crushing blow. Shield block pushes crushing blows off the table, however, it's impossible to have it up 100% of the time (One reason why warriors > druids).

That being said, i'm surprised you didn't get two shotted. You have shit for hp and you most likely aren't wearing full plate healing gear so your ac would have been low. Also, healing gear doesn't have +defense stats so you can consider yourself the luckiest paladin ever. Maulgar crushing blows for 11k on plate, he should've crit you for 15k the moment you took aggro.

Grats on the kill though!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That was very lucky of you, indeed. Did you ninja those shoulders? :p

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah. I was surprised myself as after our raid leader(the MT actually) told me about those things as you did. It was pure luck that I didnt die. And how I got the aggro and how I hold it is extremely ''wtf''. Was pretty fun though! ;)

Nope, didnt got the Mace or the shoulders. Either of them dropped and if they did, I should have gotten them for sure!

And some of the healing gear I have, actually has +Defense on them. Look closely on Righteous you'll see what I mean. And random spell damage plate thingies also has +Defense. I dunno how much +Defense I have but, extremely lucky.

Reaction score
So... my guild <Core> and me were tryin' some of our first tries on High King Maulgar. We had a good run, all got down. But phase 2 our MT died(some crazy crit?) and all of suddenly I got aggro. I went in and actually began tanking Maulgar. I have about 10k HP in my Healing Gear. (Buffed and 1.1k Healing+) So I tanked him for like 1-2 minute and one of our druid's Rebirth's cooldown finished and he resses the MT. The MT takes over and we got High King Maulgar down on..
10th try I belive. I have no pictures and I did not thought of it and you should have heard Teamspeak. Hilarious.

And yes.
I did die not long after the MT took aggro.
only nubz use ts

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I still prefer Teamspeak over Ventrilo. But then again it probably is because I have always lots of people chatting about crap in Guild's Ventrilo, and I completly despise people who say lol, in voice. And they do that.

I also hate Captain Obvious, damn my guild is full of hem.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
I still prefer Teamspeak over Ventrilo. But then again it probably is because I have always lots of people chatting about crap in Guild's Ventrilo, and I completly despise people who say lol, in voice. And they do that.

I also hate Captain Obvious, damn my guild is full of hem.
My guild is exactly the same like that.

and I cant honestly see any diffirence between TeamSpeak & Ventrilo..