• Thread starter SaveTheCritters
  • Start date

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by Xenoce
While you may argue that WoW has less room for expansion, due to all the land being mapped, thus you can't just add a new continent or something, think about it. Long and hard. What else does the Warcraft universe have? I'll be nice and list a few.

Other worlds (Draenor, etc. Draenor was just one of millions.)
Other dimensions (Twisting Nether, Emerald Dream, etc.)
The underground areas, where the Earthen (dwarves) originally resided.
The ocean. The naga were apperently occupied for ten thousand years under the ocean, there had to be enough to do there. (New continents also can be discovered, if you recall the WC lore, most of the landmass of the world was blasted beneath the ocean)
That arguement wouldn't hold anywhere other than forums like this where people don't really give a damn, you know that, right? Because, you can do that with any game, including WoW or EQ2.

BTW; If sony made some crappy games and such, then why have you played EQ for 5 years? And on top of that, no shit WoW is going to beat out EQ, the whole deal is weather or not it's going to beat out EQ2, which, it won't.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The arguement holds better for WoW because all the elements are incorperated nicely into the stroyline set before WoW came out. Not just haphazzardly thrown together, like the EQ expansions.

Sony made a lot of crappy games. I played EQ for five years because my friends played it. I quit because they stopped playing, and just lost interest in the game. There was an unholy cycle, inherent in late-game EQ that killed it for me.

Firstly, to keep interest in the game, I turned to guilds. I've been in a few, only one really did it for me. It was a raiding guild, but with lower level players, gearing up to the higher content. It disbanded because of the pressure put on the leader, and he didn't want EQ to turn into a second job. Other guilds were all small non-raiding guilds. They sucked.

Most raiding guilds have a level requirement. Leveling was boring, and way too tedious to be called anything like "fun," especially without a consistent group of people to level with.

Thus I had to stick with the tedious and un-fun pickup groups, which were generally inefficient and more time-consuming then soloing.

So I solo'd. Kiting trees/ravens/spiders in PoN got tedious and boring after a few hours. I quit then.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
And do you honestly expect WoW to be any different? The game (from what I've heard over at the beta boards) has a huge level curve, and it takes forever past something like 15...Most games at least give you the first 20 levels of laidbackness, but not this. They might change it, they might not. The game isn't going to be that much better than most MMO's out today.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
When I was reading about WoW at worldofwar.net I saw a forum topic that talked about how quick people have been leveling. The higher levels there, 60+, stated that you can get to level 50 in a few weeks. I would say that's reasonable. I won't play either EQ or WoW due to monthly cost and lack of thrill in RPGs but none the less WoW has a story to play of and loads of history. If I were to buy either one it'd be WoW simply because it's WC. Like most Warcraft fans will see, "Hey that's Warcraft!" WC has been a success in the War-games and they branched to RPG. EQ branched from RPG to war-game and what I've read failed miserabley. WoW will probably do alot better. My opinion.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I should give Everquest a try, but I am afraid of becomming addicted. EQ1 doesn't look like it has the best graphics, and graphics are a lot to me.

EQ2 isn't out yet, I signed up for the beta, and I didn't get in. I didn't expect to get in, but it would have been nice. People here like everquest more than WoW because they have played everquest more than the warcraft series. If they spend more time playing warcraf they would understand how cool it can be in MMORPG form. WoW has a lot of spells from warcraft III, II, and I and that is why I feel so attached to it. I know what is going on.

The cities, the rivalries, the quests, a lot of those in WoW are truly an expansion to an RTS. EQ doesn't come from an RTS, it just came to be.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well. I'm still not gonna get in because I forgot my damn account name on sony's website, and forgot my email that I used with it. I didn't know EQ2 had a different way of beta than WoW.

LordUnholy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It all depends on what kind of gameplay and atmosphere you're into. WoW is going to be a great game, but with all the ub3r 133t d00dz on the forums now, and the immaturity of the players in beta, it could tip the scales in terms of playerbase. EQ2 at this point has more content, more room for expansion, and a more mature setting. Sure, SOE took a hit with releasing crap like SW:G, but also take into consideration that every team in SOE is independant of one another, so one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. My suggestion is take your time, cruise the forums, get to know both games and decide for yourself.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
WoW is geared more towards younger people, while EQ2 is geared towards more older people. You figure out the fanbase and the maturity level of them, then figure out what game will be better.

Inconsievable

Reaction score
EQ2 is going to be far superior with a 100 fold more content, quest, develpoment, and general gameplay. I have a feeling WoW is going to be a SWG type Hit. A graphicly cool world for a particular fanbase, but as far as a MMORPG goes and what makes a truely fun gameplay for the majority. EQ2 is going to win hands down. I think WoW is awesome for blizzard fans, its going to rock for you guys, and its uniuqe style. But 1, 2, 3 years down the road WoW is still going to be WoW, and EQ2 is going the be a thriving world. I havent played either, but I vote EQ2

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
could u guys get the compatibility estimates for the 2 games?

im thinking wow will be the more cost effective overall compared to eq2. Eq2 will likely requre the latest graphics cards, pentium 4, etc. my computer is a pentium 3 with a geforce 4, and it doesnt run bf 1942 too well. WOW seems like it will run better on my computer than eq 2 and it will cost something around 10 dollars a month whereas eq2 will likely cost well over 20 dollars a month. Now, if i wasnt strapped for cash, i would definitly go buy a new computer(build it obviously) and buy eq 2. BUT i dont have the cash so thus i will likely go with WOW untill i can upgrade or buy a better system to run the program on.(speaking of which, how much would you say a new computer custom made would cost?)

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
speaking of which, does anyone here play planetside? im thinking of joining it for a month or 2

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Planetside sucks. The 20$ thing is for all SoE games. EQ, EQ2, PS, and SW:G, at least last I heard.

WoW will still have the beefy system req's that EQ2 will have, but WoW is closer to being done. In reality, if they were both released on the same day, they would be pretty much the same cost/montly/requirement wise, however, EQ2 is comming out much later than WoW, so it will be of higher req's...Get it?