WoW or EQ2?

• Thread starter SaveTheCritters
  • Start date
S

SaveTheCritters

I was wondering...which game will be better? World Of Warcraft or EverQuest 2? :confused:

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not gonna play both, but since I like all the Blizzard games I will get World of Warcraft. WoW is more familiar to me because I played other Warcraft games so I know what the spells are.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
EQ2. Everquest 2 is going to own all computer games.

Sony has produced 3 MMO's, 1 with like 30 expansions (ok, exaggeration, but still, EQ has like 8)
Blizzard has produced 0 MMO's

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I think Wow has more poteintal TEH eq2. **is going to get both* <<.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
WoW will NEVER have anywhere near the poteintal of EQ2. WC's world is already set aboveground, so they cant just add an expansion that adds a continent or anything, or people would be like "WTF". Too much is already told / known about the Warcraft world to add a lot of things.

Nothing is known about the world of EQ2

SoNiC_tHe_IgEl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kotzwuerg.de.vu
Originally posted by Grieving Mendacity
WoW will NEVER have anywhere near the poteintal of EQ2. WC's world is already set aboveground, so they cant just add an expansion that adds a continent or anything, or people would be like "WTF". Too much is already told / known about the Warcraft world to add a lot of things.

Nothing is known about the world of EQ2
and than u buy EQ2 and see that the whole world is totally gay cuz its just sux ? :p

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Im a blizzard person, i rather go with wow, since im more familiar with it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by SoNiC_tHe_IgEl
and than u buy EQ2 and see that the whole world is totally gay cuz its just sux ? :p
I'm getting both of them, just because I have the money to do that. And DAoC for a year? What chars/server/year?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Googlewar doesn't tell you shit. Why don't you go spam some more and get your post count higher?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Googlewars could be more accurate than you think because if there are more WoW sites, that can mean there are more fansties and more people liek WoW than EQ2.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Googlewar goes off how many webpages are spidered that have the words "World Of Warcraft" in it...that's countless forum pages and other things...and trust me, there's much more EQ fans than WC fans...

icastbigspells

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well I just did as a joke and mr grieving had to go ape shiat on me

Edit: that just bring a tear to my eye :(

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by Grieving Mendacity
EQ2. Everquest 2 is going to own all computer games.

Sony has produced 3 MMO's, 1 with like 30 expansions (ok, exaggeration, but still, EQ has like 8)
Blizzard has produced 0 MMO's

And Blizzard has produced 4 RTS with an expansion for each, excluding W1 (I didn't play it much) and Sony? ;)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
WoW isnt an RTS now is it?

And if you want to compare, I actually forgot to mention 2, so lets name them

Everquest, with 7 expansions, with 1 more comming out soon
Everquest Online Adventures
SWG, with 1 expansion in the works
Everquest 2 to come out soon
Planetside with 1 expansion I believe...so thats what

10 expansions on 5 games? And I thought WC1 had an expansion to it...

Edit: Oh yeah, and isnt there an EQ RTS out or in the making? I think so

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Niedar, have you considered that "wow" is a WORD, rather then just purely an acronym? EQ2 is unmistakable. I have never heard of another word or acronym that could be mistaken for it. Judging from that kind of thing, you'd have a better comparison searching for the word "ever" versus "wow".

Also, I played EQ for five years. Just reading about WoW, I can safely say that it is a MUCH better game then EQ, even counting for the age difference. EQ2 may just as well smash it, but Blizzard has a reputation for putting out top-quality games (note the "s") while SoE, really, doesn't.

While you may argue that WoW has less room for expansion, due to all the land being mapped, thus you can't just add a new continent or something, think about it. Long and hard. What else does the Warcraft universe have? I'll be nice and list a few.

Other worlds (Draenor, etc. Draenor was just one of millions.)
Other dimensions (Twisting Nether, Emerald Dream, etc.)
The underground areas, where the Earthen (dwarves) originally resided.
The ocean. The naga were apperently occupied for ten thousand years under the ocean, there had to be enough to do there. (New continents also can be discovered, if you recall the WC lore, most of the landmass of the world was blasted beneath the ocean)

And knowing Blizzard, all of the reasons for the new areas will be a lot better done then the haphazzardly created expansions that EQ has birthed.

Personally, if past experience is any history, I'd take Blizzard over SOE. Blizzard has an excelent reputation. They've never done a game I didn't like. SOE has. Several times.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ahh.... My mistake. I yield the point. Though you chose to respond to one of the most minor points of the post.....