WoW on satellite connection?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have WoW (havent played it yet) and I have a highspeed satelite connection (i live too far out for ne thing else).... the satellite internet has a 2-3 second delay though. I can't play unreal tournament 2004 online because i will shoot and then 3 seconds later the person is really far away, the shot missed, and im dead. Can you play WoW with satelite though? did they somehow make up for this so i can play?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry i cant be of any help, i have never heard of a satellite internet connection. if it lags in ut2k4, it will most likely lag in WoW too.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just didn't know if Wow was a live internet game or it downloaded it self in pieces and you played levels like that. I guess its more of a large live city. I really hope I can play it. Anyone else please still respond so I can find out. thanks

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
You load instances, but your allies are still dying in real-time. :p

The answer is probably you're going to have a red lag bar at all times with a 2-3 second delay, and monsters will be 2-3 seconds ahead of your attacks. This includes when additional mobs agro you if you're near a group of them.

*Runs away from WoW*

evilmaniac

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
usually satelite connections are fast, i believe its your upload rate thats lagging you, since satelite connections always have a crappy upload rate, but im not too sure.