WoW, It won't start.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
Hahaha pun intended.

Anyway, I begin by clicking the World Of Warcraft icon on my desktop. The window appears and when my cursor is in that window it becomes the hourglass, as if it is loading. This window doesn't have anything in it, and it doesn't change. Should I just wait? Is it something about my graphics card or something? I have:

Comp: Dell Inspiron 2650 (Laptop)
Intel Pentium 4 Processor
Direct X 9.0c

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 2 Go

Please help, I would really like to play this amazing game that I have not yet set forth into.

~Edit~
Okay, I took a test on if my system can run WoW and I failed on Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 16.0 MB

Other than that I'm pretty sure I can play this if I can somehow get some video ram...?

~Edit 2~
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ef=sr_1_19/103-4030829-2055001?_encoding=UTF8 ?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7215364&type=product&id=1114614364423 ?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You can't just upgrade the video on a laptop easily...I'de say that you're prety screwed. Go get a desktop.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
... Hard enough to just not play this game even though I payed for it?

Just hooow hard is it?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
GotCraftian said:
... Hard enough to just not play this game even though I payed for it?

Just hooow hard is it?
i dont know, ive never had a laptop. ask some people that have one, maybe they know.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Most laptops cant be upgraded graphics cardwise, so it looks like you're shit outta 50$.

Expecially one that has your specs, it seems to be rather old, so its a less likely chance that itll be able to be upped. Not to menion most of the shit on Laptops are integrated.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
Well I know I can take my old Gfx Card out. But Idunno if another one will fit.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Laptops use different hardware than desktops. You're pretty much SOL unless you want to go ahead and research it yourself, or take it in somewhere and see what they think.

But why are you playing WoW on a laptop anyway?

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
When i hit college, i will be playing wow on a laptop...although when i go and buy my laptop i am going to make sure it has the specs for WoW.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
I'm playing WoW on a laptop because thats the comp that I have. My brother and I both got laptops few years back.

My mothers computer is a 2gig Hdd w/ a pentium II so I can't play it on there. And my dad's is for work.

~Edit~
Anyway, does anyone even know if my problem is related to the graphics card? It sounds like it is. I click to open it, a window comes up but nothing ever really loads.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes it's your video card, I would suggest upgrading if you can afford a good card. (Not a expert on laptops, not sure how you upgrade it for them)

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
Good good. I'm going to try my 2 local computer stores and ask them... One of them is walking distance so, it's cool. I imagine since it has a nvidia geforce in it, another one will probably fit in it's place.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No. They arn't the same thing. Most video cards need a PCI express slot. Most laptops don't have one.

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean. I know about the pci express slot and all that. But not sure what you mean.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
If you know what a PCI Express slot is, then you'de understand that most (if not all) laptops are lacking a PCIE slot, which is what most video cards use.

ThRaShEd

Member!
Reaction score
mistake number one.

getting a non gaming lap top

should have gone with an xps or costum one if u knew ud be gaming
thats what my grad present is =) any ***in thing id every want im gonna load into an xps which will cost anywhere from 4000-4800 for the best of the best (yes i went on site and costume made it) sure its expensive.. do i care? no..

my grad present b4 i goto ittech in green bay

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
I got it for christmas...... I don't have money to get a gaming laptop. Heh...

~Edit~

Does upgrading the RAM do anything for the video RAM?