WoW=D3

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah. Bits of information on the Sin War and the Archangels fighting the Demons of Hell are littered in the tomes of Diablo I. Also, as Khull said, go buy all the offical blizzard bokes on Diablo. You will be quite suprised. I also read the game manuals for Diablo II, those gave some good backround as well.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Yes, Blizzard will not make D3. They HATE making billions of dollars. They dispise making a game EVERYONE wants. Yup. They'd rather make SC2, which not even a third of Blizzard's fan base would play. WoW = D2, except you can't edit attributes. No synergies. Nothing remotely close to Diablo. Terrible graphics. Sounds like an instant winner to me. I guess we will all find out if they announce D3 at E3.

Summary:

D3 will make blizz SHITLOADS of money. Blizz likes money.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Samsara said:
Face it, blizzard is not going to make d3. if anything, wow is supposed to be d3
It would be better to not even dignify what you just said with even the smallest response. But I just can't resist.

Blizzard north makes the diablo series. That's a totally different team of developers then what works on WoW (and the whole warcraft series). Do you see the Diablo title anywhere in the name for WoW? Do you see any of the same storyline? Any of the same characters? Any of the same features? WoW is a totally different game then any of the Diablos. Besides that WoW sucks too bad to be D3.

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
The only similairities (mind my spelling) WoW and D2 have are the words Demons and Undead. That's about it.

There are so many storylines that D3 could have, they could probably make a D3 Expansion or a D4.

And I read on the Blizzard site under the jobs thing that their looking for someone who can lead the team who designed Diablo and Diablo II.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Samsara said:
seriously, with starcraft ghost coming next year (which means spring 2006) and starcraft 2, there is no room within blizzard's timeframe to make diablo3
Yeah about that why is it that all they do it by order... wc, sc, diablo.. thats how its been.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
MardoXide said:
Yeah about that why is it that all they do it by order... wc, sc, diablo.. thats how its been.
They don't actually develop in order. Games are developed with different branches of Blizzard. They release in "order" because the games are done in different orders, and because it is horrible marketing strategy to release a product, and 1 month later release another of the same type/genre/etc.

If they announced D3 being released 1 year after WoW, the general idea would probably be, "Okay I'll buy WoW and play it for a year, that will last me until I can play D3." While if it were announced to be released 1 month after WoW, the general idea would probably be, "Screw WoW I'm playing D3, I can wait for a month."

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Generall though, some people who try the yearly gaming from WoW may find it's addictive nature to be even greater then that of Diablo II's or Diablo Games in general. I have a pretty clear guess that they wouldn't be able to leave WoW without some inner-struggle for control. :-/

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Generall though, some people who try the yearly gaming from WoW may find it's addictive nature to be even greater then that of Diablo II's or Diablo Games in general. I have a pretty clear guess that they wouldn't be able to leave WoW without some inner-struggle for control. :-/
I doubt it. I had no trouble cancelling my subscription at all. Especially with guild wars coming out in just one mroe day. In fact they had a post in the official general forum for WoW about that same sbject. There were about 80 posts all saying that they had more fun in D2 then they do in WoW. I had tons more fun in diablo then I did in WoW. In fact I have a in depth comparrison right here http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=94616

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
LocalBoyZ said:
I doubt it. I had no trouble cancelling my subscription at all. Especially with guild wars coming out in just one mroe day. In fact they had a post in the official general forum for WoW about that same sbject. There were about 80 posts all saying that they had more fun in D2 then they do in WoW. I had tons more fun in diablo then I did in WoW. In fact I have a in depth comparrison right here http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=94616
I don't find clicking on something til it dies with cookie cutter characters that look exactly the same as everyone else with the same items with the same stats with the same strat to be very "fun".

I loved how you said you would not like to respond to my remark but do so anyways and even calling your mistake. That is a clear example of a superiority complex developed by lack of attention when growing up ;)
-Source: Freud

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Samsara said:
I don't find clicking on something til it dies with cookie cutter characters that look exactly the same as everyone else with the same items with the same stats with the same strat to be very "fun".

I loved how you said you would not like to respond to my remark but do so anyways and even calling your mistake. That is a clear example of a superiority complex developed by lack of attention when growing up ;)
-Source: Freud
What are you doing in these forums? Did you register just to flame other ppl or actually post constructively?

The pvp and in fact the combat period is far superior in GW then it is in WoW The adrenal skills and the mana using skills are seperated perfectly and it actualy takes some team work and some skill in play to win the pvp events.

In wow there is no team effort in big raids. It's basicly a bunch of people running around attacking everyone from the opposing team and hoping they don't die. The pvp in WoW is a joke. In fact playing GW a beta weekend was one a factor in my decision to quit WoW. After playing GW I just didn't have fun in raids anymore. And god knows the quests in WoW are soooooooo repetitive it's absolutely rediculous. Honestly Blizz could have put ALOT more effort into that department of the game. You can't even edit your stats in WoW for god's sake. And the talents are pathetic. You choose wich tree you want to go with and max out every talent in that tree. Then you're just like every one else that chose that tree. (speeking of cookie cutter) You will never have a unique character in WoW. The items in WoW (especially the armor) is so childish looking it's rediculous. Purple and pink non refelctive pauldrons and breast plates are not exactly tough looking. In GW you have 72 possible character classes. You have 6 base character classes, then you can mix any 2. 6 times 6 is 36. It also makes a difference with one is your primary and wich one is your secondary, so multiply by 2 more. That's 72 different posible builds. Now factor in your fully customizable player stats and you have truly unique character builds. Plus you can edit your armor to change its appearence. And your character's looks are more diverse, and more customizable in GW. Don't get me started on the copmparrison of WoW and GW, I can go on forever. GW is a good solid rpg with great graphics, fun quests, and amazing pvp. WoW is just a joke.

The only reason the characters are the same in the beta is because they are pre constructed characters smart guy. (once again your lack of information has left you saying not-so-intelligent things) Preconstructed means there are a list of already made characters you can choose from so you can experience the higher end of the game without having to play your chracter all the way through. They did that in the beta so that ppl could experience the group pvp and high lvl events, before the game actually came out. In the real game they won't have pre made chars so everyone will be different.

GW has way better graphics then WoW. In fact GW has already had awards for their innovative in game graphics.

I said I didn't want to dignify your post with a reply because it was pointless and made no sense. You obviously had no idea what you were talking about. I was only trying to help you sound a little more intelligent in the future. Sorry for trying to help.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
D2 is better then WoW right now or a year ago? Answer me that please, then I can begin to wonder the state of addiction within your mind depending on your answer. :)

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
D2 is better then WoW right now or a year ago? Answer me that please, then I can begin to wonder the state of addiction within your mind depending on your answer. :)
Certain aspects of D2 are just better then WoW in my opinion. The stats, skills, and pvp i like more. And I'm not addicted to D2. I haven't played d2 for about a year now. I have just logged on once every couple of months to keep my characters alive. I don't know why when I don't play. I'll probably give all my stuff away once I get GW.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Generally though, I think more people find WoW more addictive or fun to play then Diablo II. Thats just my opinion though. About all of my friends play WoW, and they can ay on the basic average that they enjoy it more then playing Diablo II.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Yes diablo is definately out dated. I just hope they come out with a diablo 3 soon. WoW has sold alot of copies but I heard somewhere that 40 % of the people who buy WoW don't play longer then a month.