Wow...a funeral(raid)

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/8726/WOW_an_Online_RPG_Funeral_Gets_Ambushed_Without_Mercy

World of Warcraft or otherwise known as simply, WoW is one of the most popular and successful computer games in history. It is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game that 6 million people pay $10 -15 per month to play. This type of popularity creates a sample size that is large enough to reflect the forces that control it. In Layman's terms, with this many people playing this online game at any given time human nature tends to get a stronger representation.

The first "reality" check was a bug that caused a plague to outbreak and affect people's characters in certain cases instantly killing any player below a certain level.

The second "reality" check was when this group of Warcraft players otherwise known as a guild interrupted a memorial service. Apparently, some dude dies in real life who is a popular WoW player. The people in the game think it would be nice to have a memorial for the player so they log into his account, take the character to a lake, and set it up for everyone to come pay their respects.

A bunch of dudes decide this would be a great time to ambush everyone so they run over a hill, kill the dead guy's character, and then wipe out everyone who was there to show their respects. They filmed the whole thing and put it on the net for everyone to see.
http://spikedhumor.com/articles/22282/WoW_Funeral_Ambush_Video.html

(google)http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=serenity+now

----------------------------------------------------------------

thoughts?(heh)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It was a girl who died.

L

Laharl

It's a gaming server where people kill each other. People did so. What's the matter?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
They had a realmwide agreement that no one would grief kill any of the players that were there in a remembrance to a player that died.

Then some guild came and wiped everyone out. Kinda funny if you ask me.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah... it was an alliance guild called Serenity Now. It was on my server.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just laughed my ass off..... that was great

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
The emo kids. Casey was a cool friend of mine and i was on good terms with her brother and sister so i did it out of respect no matter how homo-erotic it was.

The way i saw the whole ordeal was like an interactive version of a goodbye thread on a forum.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Samsara said:
The emo kids. Casey was a cool friend of mine and i was on good terms with her brother and sister so i did it out of respect no matter how homo-erotic it was.

The way i saw the whole ordeal was like an interactive version of a goodbye thread on a forum.
...so what did you think when it was crashed?

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
thebastardsword said:
...so what did you think when it was crashed?
I seriously expected it. Illidan has a great community and not only has a Mirc channel but it also has a teamspeak/ventrilo as well as it's own website www.illidrama.com
The thread that this was posted in had a reply posts under the initial post that said "im willing to bet 10 bucks that someone ****s with this" and that must have triggered the event.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Serenity Now? I swear there's an Alliance guild by that name on Silvermoon...

I think it's nice that people paid their respects like that. Would've been cooler if they fought off the invaders...

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Notice that they were all wearing black, some in just tuxedos as opposed to SN who was all geared out ready to pvp. Take a good look at some of the tauren warriors at the front and you'll notice that they dont even have weapons equipped.

sonicboom

Member!
Reaction score
yeah i saw that video a few weeks ago i laughed my ass off...
then i cried cause i was laughin so hard.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
My feelings are torn.

On one hand it was incredibly cool

It was also completely under handed and very assholeish...