World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King CONFIRMED

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
It's not official until Blizzard releases a press release. I'm fairly certain it's coming out, and I'm also fairly certain that it isn't official yet either.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Indeed, but my first post was before it was official.

Blah balah "Company cofounders Michael Morhaime and Frank Pearce will announce more details today at 11 a.m. during the convention."

I'm still win.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I'm still win. I hope they up the GFX on this game so it doesn't look so retarded.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
http://blizzard.com/

August 3, 2007
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King announced!
Blizzard is proud to officially announce the next World of Warcraft expansion set, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King! With the opening of the Dark Portal, and the renewed war to stop the Burning Crusade's destruction of worlds, the heroes of Azeroth have given little thought to the frozen wastes of Northrend – and the terrible, ancient powers that wait there. Yet the brooding evils of the fallen Nerubian empire and their malevolent sovereign have not forgotten Azeroth...

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King™ will open the forbidding wasteland of Northrend to exploration by the hardiest adventurers. New levels of power, challenging new dungeons and encounters, an exciting new character profession, and the game's first hero class are just some of the new features awaiting players in Wrath of the Lich King.

For more information, make sure to read the official press release and then check out our new expansion site for screenshots, concept art, the new expansion's announcement trailer, and much, much more!
personally im pissed, i was hoeping for d3...honostly im highly surprised that its another wow expansion, the current isnt even a year old...

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
How could you improve upon D2 without making it an MMORPG? Personally, Blizzard is smart by not making one. The Diablo community just constantly bitched about wanting patches, and was easily one of the most hacked games that I'm aware of. It's too much shit to put up with.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i think its fair to want a patch if the game calls for it...

the only time i remember people wanting patches is when 1.09 was around for ****ing -ever- and was actually in need of a LOT of work, as for being hacked, it was just as hacked as wow would be without warden, and since they implimented warden, theres less hacks than ever before (yes ppl hack, but they also get banned.)

besides, if youw anna talk hacks, look at what SC has. besides, past games "hackability" doesnt mean shit to a new title.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I only say that because the people who played D2 would play D3, thus increasing the chance that it got hacked beyond belief.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
once again, the only major hacking was pre-warden, just about every hack nowadays is detectible and bannable. and the people playing SC will play SC2, and to me, SC was a LOT worse than D2 hack wise.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I dunno, D2 just seemed more persistent about their hacks.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
ITH's, dupes, tradehack, etc...

But... Paladin -> Death Knight ftw!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'm keen for the expansion. I'll just play casually but i'm sure it'll be good fun!

I wonder what new hero classes will come out?

Reaction score
The only current Hero Class released in the upcoming expansion is the Death Knight, attainable by different quests for each class. After you complete the quests, your reward is a Death Knight that starts at level 60-70(Unconfirmed).

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Since that is unconfirmed and you're making things up, you might as well make it a little more sexy.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Taken from WoW General Forums...

Here's a list of everything we know for sure about Death Knights.

A "Hero Class" unlocked by completing a quest chain at 80.

Any character/class may complete the quest chain and unlock the Death Knight.

The quest will not require raiding, and has been likened to the Warlock quest for the Epic mount.

Once unlocked, the Death Knight may be rolled as any other class, with the stipulation that Death Knights will be begin at a high level. It has not been decided what level, but it will be somewhere between 55-70.

Designed to fufill the roles of Tanking or DPS.

A melee spell caster class.

Wears plate, and wields 2H or DW swords and axes. No shields.

Will not use Rage, Mana, or Energy.

Instead utilizing an entirely unique "Rune" system, inwhich a Death Knight will use some combonation of 6 Blood, Unholy, or Frost runes to unleash thier abilities and spells.

Runes will be used up incombat, but may be carved onto the Death Knight's weapon at any time outside combat.

Of the few Death Knight spells unvield, some have the ability to transform a percentage of healing an enemy target recieves into damage.