World of Warcraft Movie Anyone?

DirtyDog

Reaction score
World of Warcraft is set to hit the big screens as a feature film!

The movie will be based around WoW's central conflict between the Horde and the Alliance and will be directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man director).

It may be a while before we see it though as it's not due until after Spider-Man 4 which goes into production next year.

More details here ...

Official press release here

Limewax

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I dont think it will ever pass preproduction. Gaming movies always fail. My 2 cents

tornadorex

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
It would be interesting to watch, but I doubt it gets to the filming stage.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
How the fuck can you possibly know if it'll fail? All WoW players will watch it, even if it sucks.
Also: the article is what's failing. The movie is based around Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, which was released in 1994. Saying that WoW was released back then is just an epic fail. Broadband internet wasn't even invented back then.

On a side note: still waiting for the Halo movie. Did Peter Jackson eat it or something? He sure looks fat enough to have eaten an entire ring planet.

gobilamaker

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Yah, i cant wait for this movie another anticipated medieval movie or something like LOTR, Yeah this will be COOL!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
How the fuck can you possibly know if it'll fail? All WoW players will watch it, even if it sucks.
Also: the article is what's failing. The movie is based around Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, which was released in 1994. Saying that WoW was released back then is just an epic fail. Broadband internet wasn't even invented back then.

On a side note: still waiting for the Halo movie. Did Peter Jackson eat it or something? He sure looks fat enough to have eaten an entire ring planet.
Halo movie fell apart, isn't happening anymore.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
lol @ halo movie. I mean, there's not much in terms of story, at least Warcraft has a ton of lore behind it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lol @ halo movie. I mean, there's not much in terms of story, at least Warcraft has a ton of lore behind it.
not even. There's no character in the main. Impossible to do a movie about a faceless, generic as hell commando.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I really don't care much for the Warcraft series. But, I will go see the movie should it go to the Silverscreen.