Windowed WITH No-CD

VanillaGorilla

Troubleshooter. Shoot that trouble!
Reaction score
I'm looking to run Warcraft 3 TFT in windowed mode because I have a widescreen laptop and the game does not support 1440x900. If anyone knows how to make the game run in a windowed mode, please let me know. To use the no-cd crack I have to run a batch file. If anyone knows a way to change any of that let me know and I could send you the file to alter. Thanks to all who try.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Why even bother using a no-cd crack, when you can simply create an image of your original cd and mount it with Daemon tools, then no more CDs?

VanillaGorilla

Reaction score
Doesn't matter anymore. The post below this one about getting Warcraft to run in a widescreen setting solved my issue of wanting to run it in a window.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
VanillaGorilla said:
If anyone knows how to make the game run in a windowed mode, please let me know.
Go to your Shortcut, and right click on it - select properties.

Under target. At the end of the second quotation add -w
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\game.exe" -w
This will tell Windows to run said program in Windows mode. But for some programs, it would either not work OR it won't specific components. For instance, Diablo II won't run Direct3D in Window mode. I myself haven't tested -w for Wc3.

Your second problem I don't know the answer to. I have a legit copy of it so I don't really know how the crack works.

Impactor said:
Why even bother using a no-cd crack, when you can simply create an image of your original cd and mount it with Daemon tools, then no more CDs?
Some games have SecuRom technology, to avoid crap like this. Even if you burn the game to Daemon Tools, if it ain't legit, it won't work unless you have a crack executable. He probably doesn't have the real wc3 CD anymore, that is why he is doing that.

VanillaGorilla

Reaction score
I have the real CD, i just find the game runs better without it, plus the CD-ROM drive annoys me when it is spinning at full tilt. I already knew about the shortcut trick, It just would work because to run the no-cd crack, it was ran through a batch file. If I did the -windowed trick, the batch would run in window, and not Warcraft 3. I tried.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That is why I don't like using batch files or no cd cracks. Usually, you would just have to run the no cd crack EXE with the -w and it worked fine. I know this because I use one for Diablo II (d2loader for 1.09 & some 1.10 mods I play) and GTA Vice City.

But because you are running it through a batch file, there are some problems. Unless the batch file has a command inside of it to run Wc3 in Windows mode, then you are pretty much out of luck.

VanillaGorilla

Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I originally posted, if someone with batch creation skills have some input on how to make the batch file run the game in a window, but thanks to the thread posted after mine, it has solved my problem for the need of running in a window.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
You must have original cd then the image will give you access to the game. I did smth - with CloneCD I copied my original CD to another and the 2nd CD worked. Conclusion when you have original CD:

- copy original CD to another gives you access, using the 'protected game' mode
- create an image of original CD and mount it gives you access
- create an image of original cd and then burn the image to a new cd does NOT give you access - I tried it, obviously the data that recognizes a CD as original is not copied of you burn an image onto an empty CD.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If you don't want SecuRom to bust your ass, then all you need to do is mount the image. Burning it to a CD would require a crack exe.

VanillaGorilla

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't like having to carry around an .iso of a game just so I can play. Especially on my laptop when I am trying to not use up as much space as possible. The no-cd crack works just as good for me.