Will Dota last forever?

M

mushroom-eater

I think dota is here to stay for long. I just hope the makers of this game would soon enhance the features and graphics of w3.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Unless they make a SC2 Dota, that's when you may see better graphics. You know that they will make a hero system for custom games but I don't know if there will be item system., Items won't be a prob, they can be like power-ups and abilities.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
You know that they will make a hero system for custom games but I don't know if there will be item system., Items won't be a prob, they can be like power-ups and abilities.
They have both item and Hero system for SC2 Customs

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I think dota is here to stay for long. I just hope the makers of this game would soon enhance the features and graphics of w3.
That is near impossible.

Each time you enhance the graphics: You add more verticies to make things rounder, larger texture spaces to cover it all. In turn, it costs more memory to manage every character would require new models (that x 100 - including creeps and shit). And the file size would go to catastrophic amounts.

As for DotA itself, it has been a large part of the Wc3 picture for a very long time, and it is constantly being patched for new fixes and shit. However, like most programs - they will eventually get to a standpoint where they stop being developed. It can happen tommorow, or it can happen years from now.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
icefrog is like a genius he made anti maphack better than blizzard.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
He could get a job doing that. Kinda like how a guy was hired by PopCap to make an official Bejeweled addon for WoW.