Will Dota last forever?

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
dota is very addicting and has perfect replay value. and i think it just keeps getting better with new heroes and items. i dont know what kind of other similar game that can top dota.

dota in the future? i think it will just keep getting better with only the graphics being change. the mechanics is perfect already.

i dont know what other innovative game mechanics ums maps could bring dota down. Years back counter strike was the best, but dota has been the best since then in team games.

well im hoping sc2 ums maps could do very good. but i think dota will still have large amount of players even after the best sc2 mods has been made.

Doesn't get any better than controlling heroes and defending you base as well as sieging enemy base and killing enemy heroes. dota is simply a fantastic game(team).

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Dota is meh at best. I only play it because others do, there are plenty of team games that are more fun than dota.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I think the balanced nature of Dota defiantly makes it fun. I do not agree it will last forever, because with Starcraft II coming out soon, you can have much more possibilites of map design if they choose to include the option.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ well it still depends i dont know how they can have as may heroes in starcraft. im expecting a different kind of team games in starcraft 2. it should have a really good mechanic for it to be as popular as dota.

yes there are a lot of team games outhere, but the single hero control type alone is addicting as well as easy and fun to play with.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's been around for ****ing ever. I don't see why it wouldn't last forever. Haha.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I remember playing it before TFT came out. Blizzard has, multiple times, tried to turn it into a "Blizzard Map" but the creators just want to keep adding to it and once it's a Blizzard Map it and all rights become property of Blizzard.

But anyway, it'll be around until the end of WC3. There's been countless others that have tried to beat it, and none will ever come close to the popularity of dota, at all.

Oh, and when SC2 comes out, theres gonna be a DOTA for it as well, just wait.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i dont know about sc2 having a dota game.

battlecruiser = str.
science vessel = int.
ultralisk = str.
hydralisk = agi.

dota in space. lol

i think it be different kind of game.

yeh dota will end if wc3 is replaced by wc4. ofcourse dota "2" for wc4 will be the next best thing.

maybe they can mod dota in diablo 3. Diablo 3 has great graphics, im sure people can create dota characters for diablo 3 engine and it would be much better.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DOTA WILL ALWAYS BE DOTA! There will be no DOTA 2! Don't talk rubbish!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
i doubt dota will die away.. most ppl play wc3 jus for dota anyways

if you play in tda, tell me ur acc and we'll play together some day

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
****, I still wish I had my WC3 CD. It's been a while, I wanna play some DOTA!

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i wish we could play dota together. but uhm.. whats tda? i dont have bnet on warcraft 3. dont have an original cd key. i dot know if there are other free international servers to play warcraft online.

it sucks that here in my country most people know dota but they dont even know what warcraft is. i hate those dota pro wanabes but dont even know blizzard or warcraft is. I even hear one talking about dota cinematics and mention the name "its sladar" and "its magina/soul keeper" in the opening cinematic of frozen throne. I was like "its a damn naga you idiot, its not dota its part of the warcraft 3 storyline". annoying noobs. lol

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
The SC2 map creator deal is being engineered with DOTA and aeon of strife like maps in mind. There may some DOTA maps on SC2, but the most popular one, Allstars, will probably stay permanently on WC3 until it rots into obscurity.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I think the ladder scene will die with SC2's release. Professional Starcraft is STILL more popular than Warcraft 3's and it's REALLY old. This is assuming SC2 has a great release, which it probably will.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
i wish we could play dota together. but uhm.. whats tda? i dont have bnet on warcraft 3. dont have an original cd key. i dot know if there are other free international servers to play warcraft online.

it sucks that here in my country most people know dota but they dont even know what warcraft is. i hate those dota pro wanabes but dont even know blizzard or warcraft is. I even hear one talking about dota cinematics and mention the name "its sladar" and "its magina/soul keeper" in the opening cinematic of frozen throne. I was like "its a damn naga you idiot, its not dota its part of the warcraft 3 storyline". annoying noobs. lol
You can use GArena to play Dota without an original key.

Garena - Connecting world gamers | Esports platform| Dota platform| Cod4 platform| CS | CSS | AOE |

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Grats, finally a second person to realize if they don't have original CD keys or cant enter Bnet, that Garena is the best after that, not some stupid servers... Counting your stats in some joke servers is a real 'LOL!'. I personally like BNet the most, nothing beats the originality :cool2:

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I have no idea what you just said.. but Garena is a easy solution to non-competitive people who cannot host but want to play with friends. A lot of people in Garena have original cd keys and it is great VLan solution for gamers. Hamachi is uck sometimes.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I think the ladder scene will die with SC2's release. Professional Starcraft is STILL more popular than Warcraft 3's and it's REALLY old. This is assuming SC2 has a great release, which it probably will.
i dont know if it werent for the koreans i think warcraft 3 is more popular than starcraft 1.

i know and have gg but .......... this v

I personally like BNet the most, nothing beats the originality :cool2:
even tho ive not been there yet.

and gg houses a gazzillion of noobs.