Will D2 die when D3 comes out?

fireomen92

Member!
Reaction score
I'm worried that like D1, D2 will have much less gamers on its servers and eventually become like HC, practicly empty.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
No, there are still thousands that play d1, in fact, people hate d2 who play d1.

Reaction score
ok this prob isnt the right thing to say but dieing isnt always the case a example i know of is call of duty.
call of duty came out a ton if people played it, then the expansion came out and people didnt like it so they stayed with call fo duty1. then number 2 came out, in fact on gamearena mroe people play teh expansion then number 2.
even though number 2 is out there is still alot that play the original.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Interesting..Hmm IMO, I'd rather play D3, Im kinda over D2..well I try to be, but I always come crawling back...

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
McGorilla said:
Dude, why would you play D2 online if D3 is out?
Good question, why do people still play diablo 1? It's a mystery ain't it [/sarcasm]:rolleyes

L

Laharl

If Diablo II has problems, Diablo I is uncurable. It's so easily hacked, and isn't that much fun to be honest.

I doubt Diablo II will die, but if it does I'll laugh.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
On d1 people have bots that can stalk and corrupt ID's

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
Yea since those games are getting old, there is too much lag and too many hacks. I never understood how Diablo 2 could lag so much but I guess it's just a laggy game. When Diablo 3 comes out, there will be some sort of anti cheat hopefully and there won't be as much lag. I will definately be switching from Diablo 2 to Diablo 3 ASAP. I don't even really play Diablo 2 anymore anyway.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
D2 is far from dead...

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
When/if Diablo III comes out, I would guess that the first few months will get heavy gameplay. Players on Diablo II will be reduced a noticable amount, but there will still be those that don't have the money to afford the new game or have the system requirements it takes to run the new Diablo. After the first few months are over, some people will dislike the new Diablo (always happens to somebody) and they will return to their favored Diablo II. However, many people will stick to Diablo III, since it is brand-spanking new, and they are just tired of the old Diablo. In my opinion, Diablo II will never turn out like Diablo I - it will always have players in it.

Diablo I is still a great game. It's not as complex as D2, but it has a much different gameplay than D2, whether you feel it or not. For example, there arent even boots, gloves, or a belt in D1! There was no stash either (you could just save items on ground in town on single). One thing D1 had over D2, was spell scrolls, elixers, maximum attributes, and APOCALYPSE. D1 was also much more easily hacked, which turns away a lot of players (I don't blame them). D1 also seemed a lot more eerie and evil, something I want to see more of out of the Diablo franchise.

Diablo II, I think, is NOT as good as D1, but the multi-player is far better. There aren't nearly as many hacks in D2 than there are in D1, but there are some problems with duping. As long as there are patches that limit certain items (selling SoJ's for DClone), things will stay stable. However, having items like SoJ's and such, creates a market-like environment for Diablo, creating a sort of currency.

Diablo I = Never gets old
Diablo II = Multi-player will never die
Diablo III = We'll see

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
as with ANYTHING, once an advanced verion [the next stage] comes, the old model naturally dissapears.

it happens in EVERYTHING. look at cars, look at other games, look at movies, hell, look at videogame systems.

NES is created
NES Sells for a few years, making AMAZING amounts of cash
SNES?Genises is created
People stop buying NES, and move on to SNES adn Genises
Playstation is created
People move on from SNES/Genises

its just natural to go with the newer and better thing.

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
The reason people are still playing D1 is because they are sick of D2...the stupid patches that Blizzard keeps making for the expansion are ruining it, and people are getting fed up because at one point they have the top stuff that took a while to get and now that the patches keep coming out the new players can get the harder things way easier. Plus when the ladder got restarted a lot of people quit either because their accounts went non ladder or they lost there name on the ladder standings. Which is one of the reasons i quit playing LOD.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I play d1 every now and then because it's something different.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Blizzard should make patches in D2 that lead up to D3... LoL then once the patches kill it off, then D3 will be out just in time for recovery!

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
Nah I don't like that idea because as soon as you lead the patches up to D3 people know already what is going to happen.

PYF

Reaction score
ehm, i need to play d2 when i got d3 to sell my huge lots of items ;)
if d3 is like wow i think i will play it, but a lot of my d2 friends will play d2 if d3 goes wow gameplay, so i think i will be back @ d2 in a few months if my d2 friends dont play d3, i think d2 is a feeling (free to wow is a feeling, episode 6 from pure pwnage :p)