Whyats the best strat against zergs?

han 007

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what strats or tatics are the best for vsing skilled zerg players in lt or bgh?

i think m&m w/ some little help of tanks will own. But whats ur opinion?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
If someone goes Zerglings, your best bet is to get air units and hammer his overlords. That'll force him away from zlings. Goliaths + tanks absolutely own zlings. M&M/tanks is ok but you'll probably end up losing a lot of marines to tank splash.

But... Zerg in general? You can't just take one strategy and call it perfect against Zerg, it depends on what that player's doing. Best strategy would be to suffocate his mineral supply--don't let him expand or tech. while you yourself expand and take all resources until he loses.

U-238

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i thin think the best strat vs zerg is id he/she attack with a zerlings rush the best thing is to make f-bats they will kick their asses :p :) :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
this is what I do:

On LT yes...

skirmish a little while making up the big army.

The main army is:

6 BC's, 1 group of tanks, 1-2 groups of goliaths, 6 science vessels.

cast defensive matrix on BC's, and siege the tanks. Hydras wont pass it.

Irradiate Guardians and use goliaths and BC's. Guardians and air at all wont pass it.

In case they use dark swarm, u must retreat and kill the lings, and then sige n kill the hydras.

U can also use nukes, but its far more complex to micro

Bandages

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
simple...just build fast, by the time you get your 1st marine (should get it in 4 min flat, tanks in 7 or 8 mins), take it and a SCV, and bunker the zerg player in. Their first units can't break through a good offencive bunker, and when you get tanks, you already won, just make sure u add Missle turrets, and tech up to BC's so they can't out do u! While you got em conered, take the map! If they leak an overlord out with ventral sacs and a drone, and you don't see it....it could mean trouble...scout often, even if they seem down, they may not be out...yet...

Bandages

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh also just like lazyboy stated, don't ever underestimate the power of science vessals. Me and a friend of mine played this zerg player and his buddy. We were both terran, while they were zerg/terran. We killed his terran ally, and for the next HOUR we fought with him. I mean he was good. And we werent noobs at this either. What eventually won the game was me teching up to mass BCs, and 5 SVs. I was always fling the SVs into their base, and irradating his workers and overlords.

SecretZerg11

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rocks and turds will own the zerg.... wait I am a zerg... NOOO....
Infantry kick zerg butt. Get some bats and rines upgrade them. get vultures and mines,also mix in some golaiths. if on Broodwar get some medics and science vessels for those pesky lurkers!

SumacWarrior

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Firebat medic works good in early to mid game. After they get air, wraiths flying around the map takeing out un protect gaurds or mutas are nice. Sry I know they are expensive and not the greatest unit, but i still like wraiths

Weirds

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
massive m&m plus tanks. Depends on which what race you are facing on.

Terran Vs Zerg:
zerglings & hydra: m&m plus tanks, more m&m less tanks + good control
lurkers: goliaths plus tanks
guardians: wraiths, goliaths, irriation...

Terran vs Protoss:
zealot & dragoon: vulture, tanks + good control
dragoon & carriers: tanks and goliaths *slow pushing in*