Why the DS lost to the PSP.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
3 months isn't much earlier, but yes, the season did more than likely have an effect on the sales, but even so, right now it is the all around better system. It has slightly worse hardware, but we know hardware isn't everything.

♥The Shadow♥

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shadow1psc2k said:
3 months isn't much earlier, but yes, the season did more than likely have an effect on the sales, but even so, right now it is the all around better system. It has slightly worse hardware, but we know hardware isn't everything.

♥The Shadow♥
I (and critics around the world) respectfully disagree ;)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shadow1psc2k said:
Graphics whores = instant lose :p Why do you think the PS2 is the top sytem right now? Your logic is flawed, sir :)

♥The Shadow♥
I didn't present any logic. I just stated my view on which was the better gaming system (and which recieved more critical acclaim) :-/!

Highfive55

High to the five
Reaction score
Hey ya know what about 5 months ago I won a contest and won a Psp and a DS and over the 3 months a bought a few games for each and i would have to say the ds touch screen is all the much better but the psp's graphics are greater than the ds's but they both have their ups and downs
-
-
-
----------------------------
-
-
-
----------------------------------
-
--
----------------------------------------
-

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Which is exactly what this thread is about....

As far as Advent goes, what a pathetic little Sony fanboy, I laugh at him.

I can't wait to pick up a DS and an adapter.

-Frank :cool:

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
DS has alaready outsold hte PSP in japan where they were released at teh same time.

in fact sales for the DS were higher than the PSP and PS2 combined.

DS is also getting some heavy hitters in teh next few months. Castlevania, advanced wars, metroid prime, mario kart. god damn! what does PSP got? nothing!

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
man u guys dont know wut ur missing, the psp is so sweet cause it came with orginal games not some lame port from the n64...mario ds, rayman, ect

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mario 64 > Metal Gear Ac!d anyday... As for good DS games, check out Kirby Canvas Curse. It's getting phenomenal reviews. As for the PSP, battery life and price turn me off. I also notice on all the PSP's I see... SO MANY SMUDGES/SCRATCHES!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Final Fantasy III FTW.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Kirby's Canvas Curse may be a bit lacking in story, but it absolutely fits the gameplay. Don't let "lacking in story" drive you away, though. The gameplay rocks! It makes excellent use of the touch-screen, and it may well prove to the "the Tetris of the DS" that everybody has been looking for. That title may belong to Nintendogs, however, as that game, alone, has sold more DS units than PSP overhype ever has.

Even I am tempted to pick up Nintendogs this October/November, and I don't even like real dogs. The DS can do anything the PSP can do, and at a lower price to boot. $200 will get you the system and attachment to play movies, MP3s, etc. (though, you'll have to import the attachment at the moment). The DS line-up is also a whole lot better than the current PSP line-up.

That, my friends, is why the DS kicks the PSP in every concievable way, especially sales and loyalty.

I'm looking forward to Advance Wars DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Animal Crossing DS, Mario Kart DS, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Final Fantasy III, Xenosaga DS, and the multitude of games that just plain slip my mind due to shear number.

Interesting Fact:
SquarEnix has announced two FF games for the DS. They've only announced one FF game (a remake or sequel to VII?) and one movie (sequel to VII) for the PSP.
Namco has announced a Xeno(gear/saga) for the DS, and they have absolutely no plans for any game, that I know of, for the PSP.

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
Revelade said:
Mario 64 > Metal Gear Ac!d anyday... As for good DS games, check out Kirby Canvas Curse. It's getting phenomenal reviews. As for the PSP, battery life and price turn me off. I also notice on all the PSP's I see... SO MANY SMUDGES/SCRATCHES!
wut kind of people smudging their psp.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:rolleyes The PSP surface is absolutely perfect for collecting the greasy fingerprints. It's the easiest system I've seen, at least in a while, to smudge.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
:rolleyes The PSP surface is absolutely perfect for collecting the greasy fingerprints. It's the easiest system I've seen, at least in a while, to smudge.
it is so true. My brother is constantly wiping the screen casue it is so bad.

Highfive55

High to the five
Reaction score
The date today is Wensday July 27 2005 and the last few weeks Nintendo has been givein alot on info out on the Ds.

For example they want to make a giant Wi-Fi net work where you can connect to any one in the world any where. The picture in the statement I found is a boy in the middle of a forest useing the ds as a Gps.

I know this isint new but theres also been rumors.. well not rumors on ign they said blizzard was thinking about comeing to the PsP or Ds and makeing Starcraft Ds sounds cool.

So I think the Ds is just going to get better and better because of the add-ons there going to make

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i like em both personally, i just dont think that psp has a lead over nintendo, i mean who actually buys those ****ing lame ass umd movies?

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
See: My new NDS Guide.

With nintendo's upcomming titles by the end of the year, and the launch of their free online wifi gaming network, PSP is doomed. What has the PSP done/are they doing? UMD movies you can usually get cheaper on DVD and convert to play off the memory stick >.>

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
ShadowTassadar said:
They lost one because of their grapichs, you can see pixelation in almost every 3d game out there. They also lost because of what the ds could do. Wow, a video game system. Ohhh Ahhh. Ha yea right. While the PSP on the other hand has almost NO pixelation mess as the DS does. The DS will be going on-line 1 year after it was released. The PSP all you need is an access point. The Nintendo handhelds are looking a bit bland. By Bland I mean, same exact buttons ever time, D-Pad,a,b,start,select. Sony, ACTUALLY HAS A ANOLG STICK. DS was released to early and didn't get ANY good games besides mario for it. Wait till Nitensucks fall to Sony. There going to go back with Sega. Well see you in the lead Nintensucks!
You judge a game by it's graphics?

Play Final Fantasy 3 and compare it with 10. There is no comparison.

RPGs not your thing? Play Starcraft and compare it to that Star Wars RTS.