Why rattata makes a great starter pokemon

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
Let me take you back to when I was about 9. I had both pokemon red and blue and rushed to my cousins house so I could use his connector to trade all three starters to one game (I wanted Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander). So I use the red game as my start over so I started, picked a starter, ran to the pokemon center, and traded the starter for a rattata.. then restarted.

I found myself on red with a level 2 rattata and that's all. I could have restarted but eh, I figured why not play. I battled with Rattata and once I got hyper fan I took down Brock at his gym. Then I started collecting and had a pretty nice team... lead by my rattata. Now in the end rattata evolved into ratticate.. but it's move set was awesome. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dig, and Hyper fang. And the pokemon was so fast that no one could touch him so I was creaming gyms, and the elite four like they were nothing. I expected to have more trouble with red than my starter filled blue... but that rattata and it's awesome move set just eliminated the competition and the game was over before it started.

^^And that concludes why I believe rattata is a solid starting pokemon. I did this is the other games as well and always had a ratticate on my team when it came time to end the game.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
How old are you now? If you're any older than 13 I probably wouldn't have told that story.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
How old are you now? If you're any older than 13 I probably wouldn't have told that story.

haha I'm older than 13, but eh just trying to help the console forums some with some threads. Someone just made a pokemon post on my forum and it brought back an old memory, so I posted it there, and I just copied that memory here.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Let me take you back to when I was about 9. I had both pokemon red and blue and rushed to my cousins house so I could use his connector to trade all three starters to one game (I wanted Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander). So I use the red game as my start over so I started, picked a starter, ran to the pokemon center, and traded the starter for a rattata.. then restarted.

I found myself on red with a level 2 rattata and that's all. I could have restarted but eh, I figured why not play. I battled with Rattata and once I got hyper fan I took down Brock at his gym. Then I started collecting and had a pretty nice team... lead by my rattata. Now in the end rattata evolved into ratticate.. but it's move set was awesome. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dig, and Hyper fang. And the pokemon was so fast that no one could touch him so I was creaming gyms, and the elite four like they were nothing. I expected to have more trouble with red than my starter filled blue... but that rattata and it's awesome move set just eliminated the competition and the game was over before it started.

^^And that concludes why I believe rattata is a solid starting pokemon. I did this is the other games as well and always had a ratticate on my team when it came time to end the game

LOOK AT THIS MOTHERFUCKER

THIS FUCKER RIGHT HERE IS THE BEST POKEMON A TRAINER CAN HAVE
FIRST OF ALL, IT'S A FUCKING DINOSAUR. DON'T FUCKING LIE, EVERY ONE OF YOU HAS WANTED A DINOSAUR AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER. AND NOW YOU CAN HAVE ONE HOLY SHIT.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL. THIS FUCKER CAN FUCKING FLY. YOU WANT TO GET TO THE NEXT CITY? WALKING IS FOR PUSSIES, REAL MEN FLY ON FUCKING DINOSAURS. AND LOOK AT ITS WINGS

THEY ARE FUCKING PALM LEAVES

OTHER FLYING TYPES USE WINGS LIKE PUSSIES, BUT THIS FUCKER ACTUALLY FLIES ON LEAVES. BUT THERE'S MORE. I KNOW, HOLY SHIT.

THIS MOTHERFUCKER HAS IT'S OWN FOOD SUPPLY. SEE THOSE THINGS UNDER IT'S NECK? THOSE ARE FUCKING BANANAS. OH MY GOD FUCKING DINOSAUR NECK BANANAS THOSE THINGS MUST BE FUCKING DELICIOUS.

SERIOUSLY, IT'S A FUCKING DINOSAUR, IT FLIES YOU PLACES, AND IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU'LL NEVER GO HUNGRY AGAIN.

THAT'S WHY TROPIUS IS THE BEST POKEMON EVER.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Doesn't rattata learn hyper fang at like 34?

you couldn't even get your pokemons to respons correctly once they get to a certain level without the proper badges so..

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
e. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dig, and Hyper fang. And the poke ...

It can't learn thunderbolt and ice beam you liar, lol.

Besides I dug up my Pokemon FireRed and used Charmander through Fushia City and it completely destroyed everyone solo. It's Lv63 now ( Charizard ).

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Doesn't rattata learn hyper fang at like 34?

you couldn't even get your pokemons to respons correctly once they get to a certain level without the proper badges so..
it learns it at lvl14
e. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dig, and Hyper fang. And the poke ...

It can't learn thunderbolt and ice beam you liar, lol.
though TM's it can