Why not for PC?

R

Roachh

It really sucks that blizzard only made starcraft:ghost for playstation 2, x-box, and nintendo gamecube. Why not computer?!!!!!!!!!! It really pisses me off! Now I need to get a playstation 2 or something in order to buy it! :eek: I might get one for christmas. But you are right why not for computer? The original starcraft was only for pc and nintendo 64. Why? Why? Why not pc?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well... if you're up for the lengthy explanation, you can read why they chose to make it for the console here:

http://www.starghost.com/billroper.php

If you just want to read the summarized version, basically Blizzard thought they would be able to make more dazzling graphics, and better gameplay by putting it on a console driven system. It's generally easier to play FPS, and TPS games with a controller than a keyboard (yes, I know Rogue Spear kicked as, and I loved it too), but I think they just wanted to try to also lure a whole new audience to the StarCraft world. You know, so if PC gamers lose interest in StarCraft, they can always turn to the console market for additional funds.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Blizzard is probbaly doing it to see if they make more money since it will be sold to owners of consoels wich is alot more than just computers. Plus they say they are having finacial problems and they may have to start chraging for B.net and we dont that. DO WE!?!?!?!? No? Thats what i thought so give them some slack people. Not everyone has liked your idea have they?

DjBlaze

Member!
Reaction score
Website
starghost.com
James:Wtf are you talking about? Charging on B.NET?? That is ridiculous and if you heard that from Blizzard, I wanna see where.
Yea Cortalos is right...They just want to experience something differnt within the StarCraft World. Just to make PC games is alittle boring and on the other side how will they get money just making PC games? I don't really think just because it's not PC doesn't necessarily mean it will be stupid.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
It was some rumor on Battle.net for awhile, i read it in some magazine too.. i think but i do to think they are trying new things but still why not for pc too?

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by coRtALoS
Well... if you're up for the lengthy explanation, you can read why they chose to make it for the console here:

http://www.starghost.com/billroper.php

If you just want to read the summarized version, basically Blizzard thought they would be able to make more dazzling graphics, and better gameplay by putting it on a console driven system. It's generally easier to play FPS, and TPS games with a controller than a keyboard (yes, I know Rogue Spear kicked as, and I loved it too), but I think they just wanted to try to also lure a whole new audience to the StarCraft world. You know, so if PC gamers lose interest in StarCraft, they can always turn to the console market for additional funds.
Now that I think of it, its a great idea to make for console only because most people have never even heard of SC or SC:Ghost. I didn't even know about SC until I saw my friend playing it. Making SC: Ghost will get most of the other people in the world to realize how badass SC is.

And 2nd thing: all the whining about it not being on PC are pretty much wrong. Because we all know about 2 months after its release you'll be able to download the emulated version for free.

DjBlaze

Member!
Reaction score
Website
starghost.com
They probably won't. Mainly because they are trying to see if people will buy it for the consoles. It is sorta like a poll. Blizzard knows people will buy it for PC but will they buy it for console? "IF" people buy it for console, I mean alot, they will probably make a part 2 to SC:G and probably again on console. If no one buys it, Blizzard will probably stop the producing of console games and go back to PC.

DjBlaze

Member!
Reaction score
Website
starghost.com
They won't do that because the know people will buy them for PC but they want to know if they will make people buy it for console. That is the plan and a great one.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
well i wouldnt even make plans for it to the pc until after christmas ..... nvm pple will be hella pi$$ed cuz they went and bouht a cosole just for that game .

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
what i heard is theres to "many" options to use choose prob blizz just doin that cuse they "think" a comp user cant users cant do things like a console can

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
btw i think i used the "" on the wrong words